2018 LSU Basketball Thread (1 Viewer)

Lsu had a great year without Wade I’m pleased they got this far...I had almost no hope that they would beat a more experienced better coached MSU team ( that destroyed UMD in big 10 play)....long offensive droughts equal a loss against well coached teams....flip the coaches and the score probably flips also....

WOW! Texas Tech..This is what March Madness is all about...

I have heard a few times that Wade has been communicating with the players and coaches during his suspension. I can't recall a coach ever being in trouble with the university and being allowed to talk to players and coaches still. Perhaps there is some possibility of an amicable resolution to this mess? After all, Javonte was cleared after talking with Alleva, Alexander, NCAA investigators who all spoke with Shannon Foreman who we now know was Javonte's alleged handler in all this mess. I can't imagine they would allow Javonte to play all this time if there was something the NCAA felt was improper.

Why aren't the big money people calling for Alleva's resignation? His handling of this situation has been a disaster.

Oh MLU ( I think it was you who commented about Waters against MSU) you were right (which makes me wrong...) he really found ways to to get his shots ....to bad Reid and all the other big guys didn’t show up...of course MSU had a lot to do with that....

Why aren't the big money people calling for Alleva's resignation? His handling of this situation has been a disaster.
My uneducated guess? They are trying to avoid a charge of "lack of institutional control" from the NCAA which opens up ALL sports (football) to scrutiny. They probably feel that LSU will not fare very well with closer scrutiny. Just a guess, though.

Oh MLU ( I think it was you who commented about Waters against MSU) you were right (which makes me wrong...) he really found ways to to get his shots ....to bad Reid and all the other big guys didn’t show up...of course MSU had a lot to do with that....
He's been pretty good about it all year, so I wasn't too concerned about it against Winston who isn't really known for being long or his defense. I am curious as to why they started Javonte over Marlon Taylor.

My uneducated guess? They are trying to avoid a charge of "lack of institutional control" from the NCAA which opens up ALL sports (football) to scrutiny. They probably feel that LSU will not fare very well with closer scrutiny. Just a guess, though.

He's been pretty good about it all year, so I wasn't too concerned about it against Winston who isn't really known for being long or his defense. I am curious as to why they started Javonte over Marlon Taylor.
I think you are spot on with the Wade situation...I really rarely trust Alleva to do the right thing but this does make sense....football always takes precedence at LSU

Smart was awful in the tourney...he was clearly lacking confidence...one thing he really needs to improve is his quickness and court vision...loads of talent and he can create his own shot but if his low percentage runners aren’t falling he is a liability

So should we start praying now that Waters and Reid decide to hang around for another year?

I think you are spot on with the Wade situation...I really rarely trust Alleva to do the right thing but this does make sense....football always takes precedence at LSU.
Still not sure I would give Alleva any credit. I think this is being driven by the Board of Supervisors.

So should we start praying now that Waters and Reid decide to hang around for another year?
I'm not hopeful. I think if Reid hung around to develop some kind of inside game, he would be a first round pick the next draft. He will almost certainly draw some kind of paycheck. I'm still not convinced that Waters will even be drafted. He should really hang around and get his degree because even if he does make it, I doubt he sees the kind of money that changes his life. Waters is the kind of guy that become a legend in the Europe leagues.

Totally agreed on Reid and Waters...Waters would be a total defensive liability in the NBA...and as good as he looks at times is really a streaky inconsistent offensive player....Reid would be making a mistake going to the nba now he is way too raw and inconsistent as well...

I expect Naz to declare for the evaluation process that Waters did last year. Naz could be a 2nd round pick this year, and then be sent to the Developmental League if he wants to develop his game against better competition.

Looks like Tony Benford will leave for the aggies to be an assistant under new coach Buzz Williams.

Looks like Tony Benford will leave for the aggies to be an assistant under new coach Buzz Williams.
So, now I'm curious where LSU will go from here.
Benford is obviously hitting the road before LSU gets the big hammer dropped on them by the NCAA.
I suppose it will be another decade or two before we can enjoy another trip to March Madness. :mecry:

Rats off a sinking ship or does he think Wade is coming back and this is a better opportunity for him?

Rats off a sinking ship or does he think Wade is coming back and this is a better opportunity for him?
I'm assuming that it is the 'sinking ship' syndrome. :(

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom