2018 LSU Basketball Thread (1 Viewer)

So, is the LSU BB program going down or is this an effect of the death of Sims?

Either way, the program seems doomed. I'm afraid current recruits are going to see it the same way I'm seeing it. Assistant coach leaving, big time young players leaving, head coach who knows. We might as well throw up this sign

B_Image_4840.jpg

I'm trying to take the wait and see approach. If Wade returns and they miss out on recruits, he probably hits the JUCO and transfer market harder. If that doesn't work out, then that just makes the next off-season more important. He took LSU to a SEC championship and a Sweet 16 appearance in his second season in which he missed the playoffs, so he has some success to sell kids.

Thamel and Forde posted a pieice that I'm not going to link stating that the FBI is interest in investigating Wade now. LSU has said that no one has said anything to them and no one at the FBI NOLA field office seems to know what Pete and Pat are talking about.

Wetzel posted that the prosecutors are submitting that the subpoenas to coaches be quashed. Up until this point, Wetzel has been tagged in the byline w/ Thamel and Forde in the Will Wade stuff. Is he chasing a different story now?

Last edited:
Javonte Smarts declares for the NBA draft.

I have read and heard that with the exception of Naz, all of the kids are still attending classes at LSU. This year prospective players can actually hire an agent, take trips to workouts, get evaluated, etc and still retain the amateur status needed to return to college. With Wade's status being in limbo, I am sure they are all doing their due diligence. I don't know how true it is that they'll all still taking classes, but take it for what it is worth.

Just because you declare for the draft doesn't mean you're gonna get drafted. Sorry, I just don't see this for Javonte. At least not yet. His shot is way too slow for the NBA game.

Now Marlon Taylor declares. That’s the starting 5. Wade won’t have a team to coach at this point.

Just because you declare for the draft doesn't mean you're gonna get drafted. Sorry, I just don't see this for Javonte. At least not yet. His shot is way too slow for the NBA game.
Just because you declare for the draft doesn't mean you don't come back to the team. Tre Waters used the opportunity to learn what the NBA scouts felt he should improve on last year. If Wade returns, I feel pretty good that everyone except Naz and Tre return. I still think Tre might return, but I'm not as confident as I am about Sky, Marlon and Javonte. With the exception of Naz, all of those guys are destined for the G-League.

If Wade doesn't return, then I hope they all leave. That should be enough to shove Alleva and F. King out the door. IMO, it's worth the sacrifice.

Yeah I know all about the process Waters went through last year MLU. And maybe they are sending a message because 1, maybe 2 of them are draftable. Naz is most likely with Waters maybe getting picked late in the 2nd.

Wow, I think the message is loud and clear. If I were Alleva, I'd be getting some cardboard boxes.

Wow, I think the message is loud and clear. If I were Alleva, I'd be getting some cardboard boxes.

I'm pretty sure if he solicited for donations of moving boxes, he would get at least 5 pallets full.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom