2018 LSU Basketball Thread (1 Viewer)

I am convinced that for a fanbase who loves basketball, UK fans know very little about the rules of the game.

Especially that long-haired guy in the blue fedora...

I'm glad the game is over. Dick Vitale and Karl Ravitch were starting to get a little bit intolerable. For most of the game it seemed like Kentucky was the only team playing if you listen to those two. At the very end, Ravitch remarks that Waters was a non-factor. Sure, he only led his team in scoring, assists, steals and had only two turnovers. Other than the entire offense flowing through him, he was a complete non-factor.

What a tool.

Last edited:
top 3 best team ever? I remember shaq and chris Jackson... maybe 2 other memorable teams in the 2000s....

Great game. Waters was off, but still came through at the end. I've heard some questions about whether the ball was off of the rim at the end, and I think it was off. Here are a couple of pics which show the ball is off of the rim:

LSU vs Kent tipin #1.pngLSU vs Kent tipin #2.png

There are a lot of folks in the media who don't like to see the mighty Wildcats lose. For these people the final tip-in was in the cylinder. But those who know how to watch a video replay in slow motion, it was definitely a fair tip-in for a Tigers win.

Good thing the Kentucky fans didn't have to live through Cavaletto & Turner. :hm:

Having watched LSU a few times this year I knew they were good - as in capable of winning the SEC good if a few things went their way. But I thought LSU would do well to keep UK from winning by more than 10 tonight.

They certainly made a statement tonight.

It's not if the ball is on the rim, but in the cylinder. The cylinder is not just the rim, but the imaginary area directly above the rim. This is definitely basket interference on LSU.

However...

UK should have been called for goal tending as you can clearly see the player grab the rim and the rim vibrating just before the ball touches it. That would have counted the basket anyway. The difference is Kentucky would have had a second or two and the ball.

Rim_Grab.jpg
Here's a still frame image, and it is so very clear that EJ was guilty of grabbing the rim as he came down after putting his hand up through the net. The goal tend seals the argument and leaves no doubt that LSU did pull off a legitimate victory in Rupp Arena!

I'm getting infected by this Tigers team! If we could just get a few guys hot from the 3-point line the rest of the way... the sky's the limit! :9:

I'm getting infected by this Tigers team! If we could just get a few guys hot from the 3-point line the rest of the way... the sky's the limit! :9:

Exactly. I haven't watched college basketball in years, but when I saw their record several games ago, I thought I would check them out. The best part is the youth of the team that will keep getting better and better as they go along.

There are a lot of folks in the media who don't like to see the mighty Wildcats lose. For these people the final tip-in was in the cylinder. But those who know how to watch a video replay in slow motion, it was definitely a fair tip-in for a Tigers win.

Good thing the Kentucky fans didn't have to live through Cavaletto & Turner. :hm:

UK Fans have gotten their fair share of favorable calls/non-calls for quite some time.

Heck, in the final minutes of this one, Waters was totally held coming off a screen with the ball and didnt get a call until he was fouled going to the hoop.

regardless, it was a fantastic job by LSU to stay close to UK all night and then make a run in the final 5 min putting loads of pressure on UK. It worked out well. Everyone contributed in some fashion. That three by Ried off the bench was HUGE.

LSU does not seem to like blowout games. :) In just looking at records, you would have figured they would have crushed Georgia. Nope. Another nail biter. This bunch of youngsters are fun to watch.

LSU does not seem to like blowout games. :) In just looking at records, you would have figured they would have crushed Georgia. Nope. Another nail biter. This bunch of youngsters are fun to watch.
I'm just glad they won. This game had me a little nervous. Georgia has absolutely nothing to lose in this game and LSU is coming off of an emotional win on the road in Lexington. They made the shots when they needed to and they rebounded the ball when they needed to. it was really nice to see them clean up the turnovers in the second half.

Tennessee and Kentucky play each other twice between now and the end of the season. This puts LSU and an excellent position to win the conference.

A lesser team wouldn't have pulled that win out after beating UK a few days ago. I just hope they maintain that same focus this week before UT rolls into town next weekend. I expect a great crowd for that one.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom