2018 LSU Basketball Thread (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Will Wade had his first press conference of the new season today...

Q: THE NATIONAL HYPE ON NAZ (REID) – IS THAT CALLED FOR? SOME PLACES TALK ABOUT HOW HE COULD BE A FIRST ROUND PICK NEXT YEAR. WHAT HAVE YOU SEEN FROM HIM?

A: “Ha, could be? Shoot, will be. He’s a good player. I’m really proud of Naz. He’s down under 250 pounds. He looks phenomenal. He’s lost over 20 pounds. He’s a hard, hard worker. He’s a great listener. The way he sees the game is just tremendous. The best way I can put it is it’s like having Tremont at the power forward, center spot. He’s just a play maker. He’s got great feel, great hands. He’s unbelievably diligent, tremendously smart, has great intellect on the court. He’s got an unbelievable basketball IQ. He’s getting in the best shape of his life, and it’s showing in how he plays and how consistent he’s been. I couldn’t be more pleased with him and more proud of him for his progress.”
Like having Tremont at the PF/C spot?

I know it's Southeastern LA, but this team looks pretty damn talented. A rejection by Naz leads to a layuo by Mays. Edwards steals the ball and that ends up as a triple from Taylor. Javonte is throwing bullets and drains his first triple already. This team is going to be fun to watch.

Dare I say it?

LSU might be a basketball school, folks...

The talent of this team is obvious. Reid is impressive even if it is SLU.

You can definitely tell how much more talented this team is compared to last season. Should be fun to watch.

Again this was SLU, but the Tigers spread the floor well, making multiple passes and not taking stupid shots. I like that the big man Reid has shooting range from all over the court. Free throws were impressive as well. Looking forward to watching more games this season.

Looking good vs a Penny Hardaway-coached Memphis tonight. This team.os quite fun to watch. If you're not catching games you are missing out. Both teams starting 3 guards tonight. LSU freshmen look great.

Nice win for LSU. 5 players finish in double figures, led by Skyler Mays. Waters took charge in the last 7 mins and controlled the game. Memphis ran a full court defense all game long and LSU held up very well, rarely turning it over as a result. In the second half, LSU played a lot more zone and that cooled off Memphis 3-point shooting. Offensively, they became more patient and used their size to start working the ball around. Like LSU, Memphis is very young but they have some shooters.

Emmett Williams is going to become a fan favorite. Tall, long and just doesn't quit on either end of the floor.

Forgot to me too, Penny Hardaway-coached isn't the only star coaching the Memphis Tigers. They also have Mike Miller, Sam Mitchell and Tony Madlock on staff. That's a ton of nba playing and coaching experience. Who wouldn't want to play for that staff?

This is a very talented group that I hope matures fast, they need to be more consistent defensively (especially with perimeter defense) and they need to improve ball handling....but best team they have had in a long, long time...no question...

I have nothing other than an article I read, but I hope all this recruiting is clean.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom