2018 LSU Basketball Thread (1 Viewer)

Beating MS State on the road was a good way to bounce back from the heartbreaker at home against Arkansas.

Last edited:
There were a few times when they looked like they wanted to give this one away, but they battled back. Reid had that great shot at the end and Waters is just flat out terrific to watch.

i am not looking forward to playing LSU in Baton Rouge. Nor Auburn and Kentucky on the road.

LSU has a good team.

There were a few times when they looked like they wanted to give this one away, but they battled back. Reid had that great shot at the end and Waters is just flat out terrific to watch.

he sets up defenders like Steph Curry with his speed/quickness and stature. He isnt same level, but you can kinda see the same movement from both.

Especially driving to the rim. The stop/start in one motion etc.

That one drive where he drove from right side, under rim, switched to left for the layup. HE is a baller.

he sets up defenders like Steph Curry with his speed/quickness and stature. He isnt same level, but you can kinda see the same movement from both.

Especially driving to the rim. The stop/start in one motion etc.

That one drive where he drove from right side, under rim, switched to left for the layup. HE is a baller.

To me he is more like Chris Jackson, minus the freakish athleticism...he is sneaky good and has great court vision. The only real weakness in his game (besides obvious physical limitations) is he takes too many unnecessary chances (he can be impatient at times), if Wade can get him to play with just a bit more discipline it would improve his game I believe....but his is a fine player and lots of fun to watch...

So if they keep playing like they have been, could they make a little noise next month? How far in the tourney could they go, realistically? I haven't really kept up with college basketball much in recent years. Is Sweet 16 being too optimistic?

So if they keep playing like they have been, could they make a little noise next month? How far in the tourney could they go, realistically? I haven't really kept up with college basketball much in recent years. Is Sweet 16 being too optimistic?

Obviously it depends on seeding, but if they keep winning they'll be a top 5 seed I would believe. IMO, Sweet 16 is not too optimistic.

LSU is going to need some shooters that can hit from the 3-point stripe.
That's going to be a big problem when we hit the tougher part of our schedule and the tournaments.
I hope a few of our guys can find that range soon.

It's ironic that they didn't attempt many 3s last night and sealed the game with a 3. I do like the fact that they are trying to work the ball down to the low post for easier baskets. They have 2 athletic big men and a point guard that can get the ball to them. If they get better at the low-post game, then you will see more open shots outside and the 3s should follow.

They made some nice adjustments at the half. They had like 11 turnovers for the game, but almost all of them were the first half and none in the final six minutes. They finished the game like a veteran team. If they keep improving like this, they're going to go deep in the bracket.

Rough start in this Auburn game. Auburn can hit those 3's like crazy.

Wow, another terrific game. My goodness, Auburn can shoot the 3 at will, but LSU destroyed them on the offensive glass. The offensive rebounds and second chance points are what saved them.

LSU again showed real maturity when they were down 16 and calmly started working the ball inside and pressing for turnovers. They still took a few ill-advised triples, but for the most part they played without her game. It's real easy to start launching 3s against a team like Auburn. LSU beat them the way they should beat them.

I missed the game today, because I was working. Sounds like they continued to play well down low. They have the personnel to play that game. I think that's the thing that will make them hard to beat late in the season.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom