2018 LSU Basketball Thread (1 Viewer)

Team rebounding has improved tremendously. Defensive rebounding is the most important aspect of good team defense. Limiting the opposing team to one shot especially a good shooting team like Auburn is important. Early in the first half Auburn just didn't miss from 3 point range. They were shooting around 60% for the first 10 minutes or so even with an defender right in their pocket. Even Wade was shaking his head about their accuracy. LSU kept pounding the ball inside and Auburn finally started missing those shots and LSU rebounded the misses. That is what turned the game around. If they keep the rebounding up they'll have a catch to beat UK Tuesday. UK feast off of offensive rebounds.

Team rebounding has improved tremendously. Defensive rebounding is the most important aspect of good team defense. Limiting the opposing team to one shot especially a good shooting team like Auburn is important. Early in the first half Auburn just didn't miss from 3 point range. They were shooting around 60% for the first 10 minutes or so even with an defender right in their pocket. Even Wade was shaking his head about their accuracy. LSU kept pounding the ball inside and Auburn finally started missing those shots and LSU rebounded the misses. That is what turned the game around. If they keep the rebounding up they'll have a catch to beat UK Tuesday. UK feast off of offensive rebounds.
I can't wait to see how they look against Kentucky.

I can't wait to see how they look against Kentucky.
While it's great that LSU has shown the ability to come back from double digit deficits, I don't think the Tigers can afford to get behind like that against Kentucky. We're going to have to get some better 3 point shooting and be able to get our big guys under the basket. I like the Tigers' chances if we can keep it close down the stretch.

While it's great that LSU has shown the ability to come back from double digit deficits, I don't think the Tigers can afford to get behind like that against Kentucky. We're going to have to get some better 3 point shooting and be able to get our big guys under the basket. I like the Tigers' chances if we can keep it close down the stretch.
I have seen three UK games this year and they played like trash in two of them. They only won' those games because they were much more talented than the opposing team. That's not going to be the case vs LSU. Both teams are pretty even statistically with LSU having a decided advantage in steals and ppg. UK is more accurate from 3pt, but LSU has made more this season. UK has a slight advantage on defensive rebounds pg and LSU holds the edge on offensive rebounds pg.

LSU has been shooting poorly for a few weeks now and are due to a hot streak. Both of these teams have played poorly in the past couple weeks, but won anyway. UK should win this game in Lexington, but I'm not counting LSU out. It's going to be a good game I think.

Last edited:
I have seen three UK games this year and they played like trash in two of them. They only won' those games because they were much more talented than the opposing team. That's not going to be the case vs LSU. Both teams are pretty even statistically with LSU having a decided advantage in steals and ppg. UK is more accurate from 3pt, but LSU has made more this season. UK has a slight advantage on defensive rebounds pg and LSU holds the edge on offensive rebounds pg.

LSU has been shooting poorly for a few weeks now and are due to a hot streak. Both of these teams have played poorly in the past couple weeks, but won anyway. UK should win this game in Lexington, but I'm not counting LSU out. It's going to be a good game I think.
I agree that it's not good to count LSU out this Tuesday night. LSU has been good when they can work under the glass and they have excelled in getting rebound. If they can manage to get that perimeter shooting percentage up, that added dimension could take them a long way. Guys like Mays, Day, and Smart need to be consistent as well. If only Waters and Reid are getting it done, then things could get ugly quick.

But I'm with you. While Rupp Arena is a tough draw, a win there would certainly make people take notice of the Tigers going forward. I can't wait! :9:

As of today's bracketology projections, LSU is either a 4 or 5 seed.

UK is crashing the boards hard in the first half and that's pretty much the difference right now.

LSU isn't getting shots to drop, but still within a reasonable amount of points to UK thanks to a few 3s. Both teams are getting to the line, both teams are playing good defense and LSU has a couple more steals and blocks early. LSU isn't able to get the ball inside at all. UK is blocking them out and stopping Waters from cutting inside. UK is also getting ahead of LSU on transition and have gotten some easy shots.

I'm interested to see how Wade adjusts.

Skylar Mays and Emmett Williams have kept LSU in this game in the second half. UK is waiting for the LSU collapse, but it's not coming. LSU is going toe-to-toe with them in Ripped right now.

I’m sure a lot of people are unaware but this is a good LSU team! They are scrappy and very tough. All thier losses are OT or very close. I think they can definitely make some loud noise in the tournament.

FANTASTIC game!! I got nervous with the early foul trouble, but these boys got something special about them.

Amazing that basketball crazy fans like UK don’t understand the rules on interference.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom