2018 LSU Recruiting Thread (1 Viewer)

Promoting an assistant to HC is an irrelevant argument. Dabo has done just fine and he's not the first. His start was even shakier than Orgeron's. This should never be brought up as a reason. It's not the traditional way of doing things, but that's not a good enough reason.

This one stings man. I keep waiting for that one kid to spur Saban and Bama and start the tide (no pun intended) to kids coming to LSU to beat bama and establish a new dynasty here in LA. But alas, I don't see that happening anytime soon.

We just simply don't have the skins on the wall or some innovative Head Coach to bring in the special recruits that will slow the bama momentum. I just don't see it getting better anytime soon.

The only way to stop these kids from going over there is to beat them on the field. We haven't done it for 6 years. I don't see it happening next year. Maybe the year after, but when bama is getting 5 stars and we are getting 4 and 3's it just becomes too much to overcome.

and you know it's bad when Mr. Sunshine myself is down and depressed. I am trying to support Coach O and support the program but it is getting very hard to.
His greatest strength was supposedly his great recruiting skills. And yes he is a really good recruiter, but he is not Great and certainly not as good as Saban.

So they have a better gameday coach, better recruiter, and a better overall program with better athletes and recruits. It really isn't up for debate anymore.

We are now the 4th best program in the SEC west. Not sure where to even go from here. It's not the end of the world but dang, it's hard to have a sunny outlook on the future of LSU football right now.

Hey Bobe, got anymore of that beer? We are gonna need it......

First signing of the day- kelvin joseph.

We might not get 25 guys

First signing of the day- kelvin joseph.

We might not get 25 guys
Definitely not getting 25 and that's ok. Don't sign kids just to sign kids. Fill those spots with transfers that can contribute or roll backs for next year.

Definitely not getting 25 and that's ok. Don't sign kids just to sign kids. Fill those spots with transfers that can contribute or roll backs for next year.

We rarely get 25

BREAKING: Rivals100 linebacker Quay Walker has flipped his commitment from Alabama to #UGA. He is the No. 38 ranked player in the nation.

Story: ugasports.com

I've been saying this since the thought of hiring him was brought up. I was not, will not and will never be a fan of CEO hire. The day he was hired LSU football was killed.

Yeah, but hes a man of the people remember? He doesn't speak with an accent, he is one of us.

I have followed this thread from the corner of my eye since it was started, and it has always seemed like Surtain was a lock (like Dylan Moses before him), I am as shocked now, as I was when Moses flipped.

I've been saying this since the thought of hiring him was brought up. I was not, will not and will never be a fan of CEO hire. The day he was hired LSU football was killed.

i was willing to give him a shot- especially after his diatribe about bringing in the right coaches. Thought he did so with Canada...and 3 games into his first stint, we got to see who EO really is.

a bonafide Dline coach.

But this aint just on EO.

Alleva needs to shoulder this as well. He absolutey screwed the pooch in 2016 with Jimbo. I still seethe about that.

I’m not sure Alleva see’s himself tied at the hip to coach O. This past year, he made it clear that decisions made on assistants etc were on O. Seems clear to me that he wants an escape route if this thing goes sideways.

IMO, Alleva is not a football guy and is quite a departure from his predecessor insofar as his understanding of our culture.

Here’s the question(s). Who hired him?
And

Is that person or person’s still making the call?

Anyone else feels like the Indianapolis colts today?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom