2018 LSU Recruiting Thread (1 Viewer)

Keep an eye out for DE/OLB Andrew Chatfield, teammate of CB Patrick Surtain, Jr. He was just extended an offer by LSU. i wouldn't be surprised to see them visit LSU together.

On Thursday, Louisiana native and current Copiah-Lincoln Community College standout Travez Moore gave his verbal commitment to the LSU staff, Moore said. Moore handed over his pledge to outside linebackers coach Dennis Johnson and head coach Ed Orgeron on Thursday.
Travez Moore has committed to LSU

and add #7 to the list.

Orgeron called Plaqumines HS this morning to speak with the Head Coach and DT Nelson Jenkins. O offered him a scholarship personally over the phone. Nelson committed immediately. He's a 6-4, 280 lb 3-star interior disrupter who is a clone of former Plaqumines DT, Davon Godchaux. LSU always slow plays the Louisiana kids except for the best talent. I feel confident that there are going to be some stars added before long as it's still early in the evaluation period.

As an aside, it's been reported that S Nadab Joseph visited LSU over the weekend. He will be back for the March Camp and the Spring Game. The articles I have seen all mention how he just can't see playing anywhere else. His older brother is expected to be in the NFL Draft this year.

and add #7 to the list.

Orgeron called Plaqumines HS this morning to speak with the Head Coach and DT*Nelson Jenkins. O offered him a scholarship personally over the phone. Nelson committed immediately. He's a 6-4, 280 lb 3-star interior disrupter. There are going to be some stars added before long as it's still early in the evaluation period.

As an aside, it's been reported that S Nadab Joseph visited LSU over the weekend. He will be back for the March Camp and the Spring Game. The articles I have seen all mention how he just can't see playing anywhere else. His older brother is expected to be in the NFL Draft this year.
Wrong one. It was Caden Sterns from Cibolo Steele in San Antonio Texas. His brother plays at Oklahoma St.

Wrong one. It was Caden Sterns from Cibolo Steele in San Antonio Texas. His brother plays at Oklahoma St.
You are correct. I was chatting up a friend who asked me about Joseph before I posted that. LSU is stocking up on so many safeties I'm getting them confused. :Hihi:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Hold That Tiger!!!</p>&mdash; Coach Ed Orgeron (@Coach_EdOrgeron) <a href="https://twitter.com/Coach_EdOrgeron/status/833043867817668608">February 18, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

A handful of hours into the Boys from the Boot weekend and LSU has three new commitments for the 2018 class, all from Evangel HS in North LA. Davin Cotton is the #1 DT in LA and #20 in the country (composite). LB Micah Baskerville and S ArDarius Washington are the other two.

16832282_1438657852819072_8503552179475471939_n.jpg

This is Tyre Goldmond, RB, from Denham Springs. I don't know if LSU will offer him but he was at the event today. I played with his dad in high school.

16832282_1438657852819072_8503552179475471939_n.jpg

This is Tyre Goldmond, RB, from Denham Springs. I don't know if LSU will offer him but he was at the event today. I played with his dad in high school.
He's a little guy at 5-6, 156 lbs. He needs to skip the Wheaties and go straight a bowl of frosted nuts and bolts. He's blazing fast, though. I enjoyed his last night tape.

<iframe src='//www.hudl.com/embed/video/3/4104475/5721e894bd746d007c879e3c' width='640' height='360' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe>

He's a little guy at 5-6, 156 lbs. He needs to skip the Wheaties and go straight a bowl of frosted nuts and bolts. He's blazing fast, though. I enjoyed his last night tape.

<iframe src='//www.hudl.com/embed/video/3/4104475/5721e894bd746d007c879e3c' width='640' height='360' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe>

Body type reminds of Trindon Holliday, although probably not as fast. I'm hoping he has a growth spurt but if not he'll still play college ball somewhere.

I think everyone is well aware of the little public aggravation tweeted by Parkway QB Justin Rogers in the past month. He was upset seeing all of these offers go out to other QBs and not hearing from Matt Canada. Apparently, Canada had been texting a wrong number. Pretty dumb when you you can't make this connection while frequently communicating with his HC and teammate who you are also heavily recruiting.

Anyway, LSU is in the good now. He's looking at LSu more favorably after this weekend and the talks with Canada.

Apparently, Canada had been texting a wrong number. Pretty dumb when you you can't make this connection while frequently communicating with his HC and teammate who you are also heavily recruiting.

Jesus Christ, what an embarrassment ... after all, football is all about the fundamentals, and if you can't get the fundamentals of a correct phone number...... that's kinda concerning.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom