2018 LSU Recruiting Thread (2 Viewers)

Jaray Jenkins is a candidate to switch to CB I heard. Also, after Dillon, Chase is the shortest receiver at 6-1.

I haven’t heard that about Jenkins, I think he would see the field faster that way. Chase is a stud, a very physical receiver who has all around skills. Marshall is college ready now, he could start opposite Giles. I have no idea how they keep all the receivers happy. Drake, Sullivan, Anderson and Dillon all have talent.

Ensminger is a former qb and his default as a coach is to want to put the ball up. Without Guice or Fournette (Leonard that is), we could see a lot more passing this year.

Mannie Neatherly will switch positions from WR to CB. This isn't un-common as we are all aware. Russell Gage was originally signed as a DB. Guys like Corey Webster, Early Doucet and LaRon Landry all learned new positions when they came to LSU. Neatherly played QB his SR year of HS and his movement is not unlike current CB Jontre Kirklin from Lutcher. Like Kirklin, CB is a new position for Neatherly. I doubt he sees much time this coming season.

LSU has also offered JUCO CB Elijah Blades who was one of the top CBs in the country coming out of HS. He had grade issues and went the JUCO route.

Thought that I would be adding this one last night, but it took a little bit for it to be confirmed by the usual people.

Alexander wasn't recruited by LSU out of HS. He had offers from Louisville, ASU, Arizona, Ole Miss, Miss State, Tennessee, the usual LaTech, Houston-level schools, Notre Dame and Stanford. Ultimately he chose between ND and Stanford. He's not the big, long-armed CB that LSU recruits. His class was the 2014 class when LSU was #2 in the country and he would have been right below Donnie Alexander and above Russell Gage in terms of "stars.

He missed last season with a forearm injury and was granted a medical redshirt. He's already been released from Stanford, so I assume he's good to join practices. I'm not real sure on his value on the field. He could just be depth and a veteran in the position room that is sorely lacking right now or he could start right away. We'll see soon enough I suppose.

Good to see a local kid graduate quickly and from a prestigious school to boot. It'll be nice to see him come home and play a season in front of his family and maybe put together some tape for the scouts.

Thought that I would be adding this one last night, but it took a little bit for it to be confirmed by the usual people.

Alexander wasn't recruited by LSU out of HS. He had offers from Louisville, ASU, Arizona, Ole Miss, Miss State, Tennessee, the usual LaTech, Houston-level schools, Notre Dame and Stanford. Ultimately he chose between ND and Stanford. He's not the big, long-armed CB that LSU recruits. His class was the 2014 class when LSU was #2 in the country and he would have been right below Donnie Alexander and above Russell Gage in terms of "stars.

He missed last season with a forearm injury and was granted a medical redshirt. He's already been released from Stanford, so I assume he's good to join practices. I'm not real sure on his value on the field. He could just be depth and a veteran in the position room that is sorely lacking right now or he could start right away. We'll see soon enough I suppose.

Good to see a local kid graduate quickly and from a prestigious school to boot. It'll be nice to see him come home and play a season in front of his family and maybe put together some tape for the scouts.

A definite win/win. LSU gets needed depth and Alexander gets a chance to play big boy ball. He has enough speed to play corner and that's one criteria box that has to be checked.

LSU is hosting a running back who could transfer as well, another area where depth is needed.

HUGE news today with the verbal commitment of #5 OLB Marcel Brooks to LSU over Bama. Meatball was the primary recruiter; Aranda definitely helped. Brooks is out of Flower Mound, TX, but originally from California. He does have family in Louisiana. He plays fast and is a big hitter.

<blockquote class="twitter-video" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Committed&#65533;&#65533; <a href="https://t.co/3dH2H7yzat">pic.twitter.com/3dH2H7yzat</a></p>&mdash; WMB5&#65533;&#65533; (@MarcelBrooks_5) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarcelBrooks_5/status/990712970631098368?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 29, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

HUGE news today with the verbal commitment of #5 OLB Marcel Brooks to LSU over Bama. Meatball was the primary recruiter; Aranda definitely helped. Brooks is out of Flower Mound, TX, but originally from California. He does have family in Louisiana. He plays fast and is a big hitter.

<blockquote class="twitter-video" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Committed&#65533;&#65533; <a href="https://t.co/3dH2H7yzat">pic.twitter.com/3dH2H7yzat</a></p>&mdash; WMB5&#65533;&#65533; (@MarcelBrooks_5) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarcelBrooks_5/status/990712970631098368?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 29, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
He's coming in this year or next year?

The hottest free agent on the college football market may not be without a home for long. Former Ohio State quarterback Joe Burrow lined up his first two visits, according to Sports Illustrated’s Bruce Feldman.
Burrow could stay in state to finish his career with an official visit beginning tomorrow at Cincinnati. He follows a trip to the Bearcats with a weekend visit to LSU, Feldman reports. Both schools are considered top options for Burrow.

The 6-foot-3, 215-pound Burrow was ranked as the No. 8 dual-threat QB and the No. 280 overall prospect nationally in the 2015 class, per the 247Sports Composite. As a senior in 2014, Burrow won the Ohio Mr. Football Award, and led his team to the D-III state championship game.

Would be a very nice add, but I think at least 1 QB would transfer.

The hottest free agent on the college football market may not be without a home for long. Former Ohio State quarterback Joe Burrow lined up his first two visits, according to Sports Illustrated’s Bruce Feldman.
Burrow could stay in state to finish his career with an official visit beginning tomorrow at Cincinnati. He follows a trip to the Bearcats with a weekend visit to LSU, Feldman reports. Both schools are considered top options for Burrow.

The 6-foot-3, 215-pound Burrow was ranked as the No. 8 dual-threat QB and the No. 280 overall prospect nationally in the 2015 class, per the 247Sports Composite. As a senior in 2014, Burrow won the Ohio Mr. Football Award, and led his team to the D-III state championship game.

I'm cool with that as long as Burrows produces.

As things tend to do with the LSU fan base, the Burrow thing has escalated. Despite the fact he cant start for Ohio state, he is now the savior for LSU football. It sounds like Cincy has the lead, no one seems to know for sure. It will be a major meltdown amomg LSU fans if he doesn't come now.

The sad thing about the whole deal is that an Ohio State backup qb is probably a better option than any of our three scholarship qbs. I had high hopes for Brennan, he didn't impress in the Spring. Its sounds like McMillan is the starter now and he wasn't all that impressive either.

It wont be a good look for Orgeron or LSU if Burrows picks Cincy over LSU. And the staff will have made their scholarship qbs mad for naught.

Lots of interesting dynamics here with this kid and plenty of sources on the web and radio. Burrows is a former Mr Football - Ohio, recruited to tOSU whose has a father that is the DC at Ohio University, who is also good friends with current LSU DB Coach, Bill Busch. The kid has never left the state of Ohio it looks like.

I have heard from multiple sources that Cincy all but promised him the starting job despite having a returning starter. The current HC there recruited him to tOSU. LSU has only promised that he will have the opportunity to compete for the starting position. He took a one day visit to the Bearcats before coming to LSU for a three day visit where the team rolled out the red carpet. He was supposed to have a two hour film session with Ensminger, Sullivan, etc. and it turned into a four hour session. He arrived in Baton Rouge with Cincinnati as the leaders and he was supposed to announce his choice on Sunday. Here we are on Tuesday and we hear nothing from him at all. He is better than Etling, who was a few completed passes away from beating Bama last season. With a much stringer defense and O-Line returning this year, a capable QB solves a lot of problems for LSU. Burrows is hyped as being every bit as good as Haskins (who considered LSU) but lost ground due to injury. I don't know how LSU ended up on his radar (Maybe Haskins told him about LSU's wealth of talent, but no QB) but I'm happy he's thinking hard about it. Although no other visits have been scheduled, they could certainly be added.

Cincinnati: Start right away, Close to home
LSU: Compete for starting role, National exposure, Support from top defense in the country, Deep pool of talent at skill positions

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom