2018 LSU Recruiting Thread (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
CURRENT SIGNEES
  1. Terrace Marshall Jr., WR (Bossier City, La.)
  2. Jarell Cherry, DE (Dallas, Texas)
  3. Travez Moore, DE (Bastrop, La.)
  4. Micah Baskerville, LB (Shreveport, La.)
  5. Chasen Hines, DT (Marshall, Texas)
  6. Davin Cotton, DL (Shreveport, La.)
  7. Badara Traore, OT (Hyde Park, Mass.)
  8. Kenan Jones, WR (Berwick, La.)
  9. Chris Curry, RB (Lehigh Acres, Fla.)
  10. Damone Clark, LB (Baton Rouge, La.)
  11. Jaray Jenkins, WR (Jena, La.)
  12. Cole Smith, OL (Pontotoc, Miss.)
  13. Dare Rosenthal, DL (Ferriday, La.)
  14. Cameron Wire, OT (Gonzales, La.)
  15. Dominic Livingston, DT (Houston)
  16. Zach Sheffer, H-back (Ponte Vedra Beach, Fla.)
  17. Nelson Jenkins, DL (Plaquemine, La.)
  18. Tae Provens, RB (Gurley, Ala.)
  19. Damien Lewis, OL (Senatobia, Miss.)
  20. Dantrieze Scott, OLB (Ferriday, La.)
  21. Cole Tracey, K (Camarillo, Ca.)

CURRENT COMMITS
  1. Kelvin Joseph, S (Baton Rouge, La)
  2. Ar'Darius Washington, DB (Shreveport, La,)

#LSU offers the top 2018 wide receiver in south Florida, Mark Pope, of Miami/Southridge. lsu.247sports.com/Bolt/LSU-offer…

Add 1 to this class:

LSU has landed a big commitment for the 2018 class thanks to an unofficial visitor on Sunday.

Southern Lab 2018 linebacker Damone Clark has committed to the Tigers, getting on board with LSU after being offered a scholarship by the Tigers earlier this month.
Clark is ranked as the No. 6 middle linebacker prospect in the country, and he checks in as a Top 10 prospect in Louisiana and the No. 195 overall prospect in the country. He had a dominant showing at the Army All-American Junior Combine earlier this month, where 247Sports tabbed him as one of the top linebackers in attendance.

That makes two teammates of Chris Allen that have committed to LSU.

Stay home, fam...

Kennan Jones WR Berwick High committed this weekend. I've watched this kid play since jr high. He has a chance to be something special. You have to be really good to get 4 stars going to Berwick they have never been a football power house. he has great size and speed he also goes to state in the long jump, high jump and triple jump.

Kansas picks up commitments from louisiana talent

2018 LSU targets WR Devonta Jason and CB Corione Harris committed to kansas on their visit yesterday.

Otherwise, kansas got verbal commits wide receiver JaMarr Chase, running back Anthony Williams, and safety Aaron Brule.

Kansas has a link to La from rb coach tony hull from warren easton.

We are still a few days away before we find out who is replacing Peveto, Craig and Juluke. The behind the scenes rumors are that the replacements have been vetted and announcements are imminent. Boys from the Boot is coming the weekend of Feb 18/19 and I assume that everyone will be in place by that time at the latest. Several of the recruits lost to Alabama this past year were due to the lack of relationships forged at events just like this.

With the job that the staff did this past offseason in recruiting, I'm pretty excited to see how they do this coming year with the staff intact for the entire recruiting season. Louisiana is deep in talent at DB and WR this year. Right now there are 13 kids rated as 4-stars or higher with WR Terrance Marshall and CB Kelvin Joseph at the top. LSU is in good shape with all of these kids, including the ones who committed to Kansas recently. Most all of the top 15 kids are considered LSU leans at the worst. Some good talent will leave the state however because LSU won't be signing 6 receivers and 8 defensive backs.

I like LSU's chances of finishing #1 next year and that's not just the sunshine talking. I think Orgeron takes recruiting personally now after the way this past year shook out. He's tired of hearing about Alabama ad wants to do something about it. Expect LSU to be able to sign about 27 kids which will go a long way to getting there.

Kansas picks up commitments from louisiana talent

2018 LSU targets WR Devonta Jason and CB Corione Harris committed to kansas on their visit yesterday.

Otherwise, kansas got verbal commits wide receiver JaMarr Chase, running back Anthony Williams, and safety Aaron Brule.

Kansas has a link to La from rb coach tony hull from warren easton.

I'll use my line from twitter the other day...

Kansas football? They're the LSU basketball of football.

Important Dates:

Feb 18: Boys from the Boot
Mar 11: Spring Practice
Mar 18: Junior Day
Apr 15: Recruiting Evaluation Starts
Apr 22: Purple/Gold Game
Jun 3: Lineman Camp
Jun 4: Skills Camp
Jun 8: Youth Camp
Jun 9: Kicking Camp
Jun 22: HS Camp

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom