2018 NFL MVP Watch: Brees emerges as unanimous front-runner ahead of Mahomes - USA Today Jim Rome (1 Viewer)

Swimmer

Medsamust Saint Fan
Reaction score
Brees has pulled ahead of Mahomes , garnering all five first-place votes this week

by Sean Wagner-McGough

It's unanimous. Through the first 11 weeks of the 2018 season, Drew Brees has emerged as CBS Sports' choice for MVP. There's still plenty of time remaining for Patricrick Mahomes to overtake Brees , but with six weeks remaining, he's chasing
Brees
A week ago, when we published our first unofficial MVP leaderboard , Brees slotted in behind Mahomes . Only one point separated the two quarterbacks. But the order flipped after the events of Week 11. Furthermore, unlike last week when both Brees and Mahomes
garnered first-place votes, only Brees received first-place votes in this week's poll. All five of our NFL writers awarded their first-place votes to Brees . All five of our NFL writers awarded their second-place votes to Mahomes . The pendulum has swung in Brees' favor.

Brees Leads MVP FINALLY!!!! Are Pigs Flying? Hell Freezing Over - Jim Henderson. Brees just wears down everybody with his consistent greatness. A SB and Brees MVP would be a heck of a year. Nice interview Jim Rome does former player about Brees

Note: I am still having problems copying, pasting and cleaning up the format. BUT WHO FREAKIN DAT!!! DAT BE DREW BREES!!!

Last edited:
Mods - I had a crazy time trying to paste over and cleanup the format. If any of you can help, that would be greatly appreciated.

FINALLY the world is getting see one of the 2 QB GOATS of all time

Last edited:
I will feel great for #9 if he wins the MVP award this season (he deserves it).

But I will be even happier if (WHEN) he hoists the Lombardi in Atlanta in February.

Mods - I had a crazy time trying to paste over and cleanup the format. If any of you can help, that would be greatly appreciated.

FINALLY the world is getting see one of the 2 QB GOATS of all time
I’m not sure what you mean. It looks fine.

I’m not sure what you mean. It looks fine.

Thanks much Fury. When I 1st started pasting it was a mess. Many text lines had one to two words then breaks. There were bulleted items all over the place. It took some messing because it didn't seem to like quote marks. Bottom-line - I don't think it liked me this morning - lol

We have a ton of threads this year on SR about Brees not getting the true respect he deserves and never winning an MVP even through Cam and Matty did. It seems now after 18 years and maybe the greatest year a QB has ever had so far, for Brees to get the attention and recognition he finally deserves. I am thrilled by this article and video.

Thanks much Fury. When I 1st started pasting it was a mess. Many text lines had one to two words then breaks. There were bulleted items all over the place. It took some messing because it didn't seem to like quote marks. Bottom-line - I don't think it liked me this morning - lol
Whatever you did, it worked.

Thanks Fury! Happy Thanksgiving.

I am is thrilled that Brees is finally getting the MVP recognition he deserves from a major national media outlet

As long as he bucks the trend and also finishes with a Superbowl MVP

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom