2019 - 20 EPL league thread (1 Viewer)

Pulisic gets in starting 11.

You're not sold after one game? Well, how about you just let us know . . . maybe give us a game-by-game update.

Sunday's result didn't really reflect the game IMO. Chelsea was really good on the ball in the first half especially - but United is so young and fast, that counter is lethal. I actually really like a handful of United players and am happy to see them do well. Apart from Pulisic, Lingard might be my favorite EPL player - kid's got style and a high motor.

Twitter is funny right now. There's about a million "Not a Chelsea fan but love Pulisic!"

And then this gold:

I'm not sold on a manager who just got off the field 15 months ago. Will he grow into a proper manager? Maybe. But as you well know, managing Chelsea isn't the same as QPR. I like Lampard, and I hope the pressure of finishing top 4 doesn't weigh on his learning. I just don't know that he will be given the time needed to become what Chelsea looking for.

As a side note, pulisic was courted by Untied, but turned down the offer (2 years ago) because of Jose being coach (and not kind to young players making appearances).
Sigh. Thanks Jose.

Missed this thread the first couple of weeks. Super happy Villa are back in the Prem. But we’ve shot ourselves in the foot too much so far. Have to correct the mistakes.

United have a game on their hands with Palace.

Rashford missed on an equalizing PK

Well, this year I do have an interest in the EPL, because Raul Jimenez and Wolverhampton made it back.. Very cool how the city has embraced not only Raul, but Sin Cara as well :hihi:

For those who don't know, Sin Cara is a masked Mexican wrestler. To celebrate a goal in the FA Cup, Raul pulled out a Sin Cara mask with the Wolverhampton wolf logo printed all over and put it on. Now kids and adults alike are wearing the mask during matches; even SIn Cara has made appearances at Molineux Stadium as guest of honor.

It's quite the site, see all the sombreros, zarapes, even Mexican flags during games. I don't think something like it could happen here, seeing that many white people wearing them :hihi: ; people here would be screaming "culture appropriation!", "offensive!", "racist!"...

I couldn't find an English version (I didn't look that hard either :hihi: ) but the point is to see the images.

United have a game on their hands with Palace.

Rashford missed on an equalizing PK
2 straight games with a missed PK... Last week Pogba this one Rashford.

Frustrating since it would have leveled the game. They will learn. Youth have to experience this to get better. Palace are good.

2 straight games with a missed PK... Last week Pogba this one Rashford.

Frustrating since it would have leveled the game. They will learn. Youth have to experience this to get better. Palace are good.

There was another obvious penalty for United as well - no call and no VAR review.

Looks like Pulisic played really well - starting and going 84 minutes, playing a big part of a pair of goals.

Pulisic, 20, grabbed an assist and a hockey assist in the first 17 minutes as the Chelsea winger caused Norwich all kinds of problems as he drifted off the right flank time and time again.

The Pennsylvania native needed a big display with Willian and Callum Hudson-Odoi both fit and fighting for his spot out wide on the left but with Pedro out injured in the warm up, Pulisic played really well on the right and went 84 minutes.

Looks like Pulisic played really well - starting and going 84 minutes, playing a big part of a pair of goals.

He is fitting in nicely with what Lampard looks to be creating. A strong midfield with attack in mind.
I watched that match and he looked a little gassed by the 80th. But he had several penetrating runs with some great pull back crosses. One of which Barkley should have buried,
His ability on the ball is also an underrated part of his game. He understands position and leverage.

Still salty United couldn't lure him due to Mourinho.

There was another obvious penalty for United as well - no call and no VAR review.

I caught the first 25 then had to leave for tennis match so I'll catch the highlights. The first goal for CP came totally against the run of play. Shoot I rember the announcers saying 79% possession and like 2 min later.. Bam. (announcer jinx).

I like the youth. James and Wan Bissaka are playing well. Rashford seems to press just a tad at times, leading to a shot when he should have passed off.

Not terribly concerned as Palace has a good squad. But the recent PK misses seems to have gotten into their heads.

Harry Wilson’s free kick goal for Bournemouth (vs City) was a thing of beauty. The Liverpool lineup might be in his future if he keeps that up.

Meanwhile Liverpool took Arsenal apart yesterday like an overcooked chicken. Got to keep this up until Allison gets back.

Newcastle giving Spurs all they can handle.

So Pulisic's arrival and Lampard's return has reinvigorated my Chelsea fandom.

Sorry not sorry.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom