2019 Draft Prospects to Watch (1 Viewer)

El Caliente

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
70002 via 92243 via 48109 via 92122 via 70119
Alright folks, we do this every year at the start of the College Football Season, we go over prospects that we should keep an eye on during the year.

My first entry is BYU Tight End, And New Orleans born prospect Matt Bushman. Anyone who saw him play this past Thursday (or LSU fans who remember watching him play the Tigers) saw that he can be double covered and still make plays. He is a big kid who can run block and catch. His speed is great too.

He will he either a 1st or 2nd day draft pick, but given our need at tight end, and our love for high character guys, I would love to see him in black and gold next season.

Who else should we look for?

Jon Runyan Jr- tackle- Michigan

He plays left tackle, but can also play guard. The best part about his game is that he is flexible, and can play either tackle spot, or kick inside. He is also from good stock as his father is (former All Pro/ Pro Bowler) Jon Runyan, and we all know how Sean loves players who’s fathers played in the league.

I don’t know where he slotted in the draft, but keep an eye on him.

Watched the BYU vs USC game this afternoon, jeesum, Khyiris Tonga is about the size of the Island country, and as fierce as a a million angry hippopotamus. 6’4 321lbs, just blocks out the sun. He was eating every rb or ball handler that came in his area.

Keep an eye on him. He is a junior, but he will be taken early.

I think one of our big needs will be CB, esp if we part ways with Apple. But I have no idea who’s out there.

Ryan Bowman - lb- Washington, that kid is a beast.

Zach Wilson- QB - BYU, the next Taysom. He is a Sophomore, so he won’t be eligible for another yea, but he is like Baker Mayfield out there.

Drafting a good player is cool but finding a defensive coordinator that know how to use them is even better.

I know we got Murray, but i think a guy like AJ Dillion from BCU would be the perfect Robin to AK’s Batman. This kid reminds me a ton of Ricky Williams. I think Dillion would be killer 4min back in our O. He’s also good in pass pro & has some upside as a pass catcher.

Watching today’s LSU vs Utah State game, Jordan Love (the Utah State QB) is a guy to keep an eye on.

Utah State isn’t going to win this game, but he won’t be the reason for it (big dip in talent between USU and LSU).

This should be the year that we take a young QB in that draft. Unless Taysom Hill does turn out to be the guy for the future, we need someone to start training to replace Brees. TB is NOT the guy for us, or at least not for this offense. He's serviceable, but not a Passer.

This should be the year that we take a young QB in that draft. Unless Taysom Hill does turn out to be the guy for the future, we need someone to start training to replace Brees. TB is NOT the guy for us, or at least not for this offense. He's serviceable, but not a Passer.

Agreed. I like Teddy a lot, but I think we need to draft a guy to groom behind him for a year or two. Not a big fan of Fromm, Burrow, Costello, and the other brand names. They look like college QBs. My dude would easily be Sam Ehlinger. I mean, look at what Payton's doing w/Taysom Hill. Imagine what he'd do w/Sam Ehlinger?! Ehlinger may not be as fast as Taysom, but I think he's better at everything else, QB-wise. Would love to see that kid in Saints black and gold.

I want us to find a way to land Zach Moss. He is the rb for Utah. He is a bit MJD, a bit Kamara, either way, he will be playing on Sundays.

He is playing now on FS1, and it’s Utah, so you will see him plenty on Saturday night football.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom