2019 Draft Prospects to Watch (1 Viewer)

I'm probably in the minority here, but I say draft Offensive Line or WR early this season and throw the farm at Trevor Lawrence next season. I feel like the kid just has "it", if that makes any sense. Doubt it'll happen, but I guess we'll find out.

I think one of our big needs will be CB, esp if we part ways with Apple. But I have no idea who’s out there.
I don't think Apple will demand that much. He's been good, but definitely not Lattimore (when he's on, at least.). I think he can be had for a decent price especially given the chemistry he has with this defense and locker room.

Last edited:
Jacob Eason*, QB, Washington
K.J. Costello, QB, Stanford
Sam Ehlinger*, QB, Texas
Travis Etienne*, RB, ClemsonKamara type skills
Justin Jefferson*, WR, LSU
Gabriel Davis*, WR, Central Florida
Tee Higgins*, WR, Clemson
Michael Pittman Jr., WR, USC
Collin Johnson*, WR, Texasudfa
Albert Okwuegbunam*, TE, Missouri
Colby Parkinson*, TE, StanfordStanford turns out TE's
Trey Adams, OT, Washington
Ben Bredeson, G, Michigan
Calvin Throckmorton, G/OT, Oregon
Alex Leatherwood*, G/C/OT, Alabama
Khalid Kareem, DE, Notre Dame
Jon Greenard, DE/OLB, Florida
Raekwon Davis, DT, Alabama
Kenneth Murray*, OLB/ILB, Oklahoma
Julian Okwara, OLB, Notre Dame
C.J. Henderson*, CB, Florida

Whatever it takes to get Burrow. This years, plus the next two years' #1 picks would be fine by me. I like teddy and Taysom, but even a middling vet QB cap hit means we lose some of our elite young players. A rookie deal means we could potentially keep them all. And Burrow has already shown me enough. Pocket awareness, speed going through progressions, accuracy, ball placement, leadership abilities, decision making, arm strength, IQ, guts, and toughness.

I'm not super high on Burrow, personally.

I rather sit out for Justin Fields next year.

Jacob Eason*, QB, Washington
K.J. Costello, QB, Stanford
Sam Ehlinger*, QB, Texas
Travis Etienne*, RB, ClemsonKamara type skills
Justin Jefferson*, WR, LSU
Gabriel Davis*, WR, Central Florida
Tee Higgins*, WR, Clemson
Michael Pittman Jr., WR, USC
Collin Johnson*, WR, Texasudfa
Albert Okwuegbunam*, TE, Missouri
Colby Parkinson*, TE, StanfordStanford turns out TE's
Trey Adams, OT, Washington
Ben Bredeson, G, Michigan
Calvin Throckmorton, G/OT, Oregon
Alex Leatherwood*, G/C/OT, Alabama
Khalid Kareem, DE, Notre Dame
Jon Greenard, DE/OLB, Florida
Raekwon Davis, DT, Alabama
Kenneth Murray*, OLB/ILB, Oklahoma
Julian Okwara, OLB, Notre Dame
C.J. Henderson*, CB, Florida
Stanford really is TE U isn’t it.

Laviska Shenault (WR - Colorado) - Probably my favorite player in the draft that could be available when the Saints pick. He's 6'2, 225 lb, will run in the 4.4s when tested, and he jumps off the screen when you watch him play. He reminds me of a receiver version of Alvin Kamara - he's hard to bring down (his coaches had him stop working out with receivers and made him workout with linemen, he's moved around the offense (WR, wildcat QB...their coach even joked having him play defense because he was so talented). I think he'd be a great compliment to Michael Thomas, and thrive in Sean Payton's offense.

Michael Pittman (WR - USC) - Just like Shenault, he’s a big receiver that plays physical and has good speed. Although he doesn’t have the speed of Shenault, he’s a little bigger (listed at 6’4) and knows how to utilize his size. USC has been marred by inconsistent qb play throughout the last couple of years, so it could be a situation where he’s undervalued because of that. Wide receiver is a need going forward for us, so getting either Shenault or Pittman would be great additions in the 1st.

Devin Duvernay (WR - Texas) - this is a pick I think would be great for the Saints in the 3rd round. He’s 5’10/5’11, 210 and will probably run in the 4.3’s come the combine. Oh, and he also has arguably the best hands out of any receiver in the country (as of early October, he hadn’t had a drop in his career). He reminds me a lot of Brandin Cooks, due to his speed, size and good hands. He’s also not as shifty as you’d expect for someone under 6 ft with that kind of speed, but he’s very reliable. I know the Saints don’t really draft receivers under 6 ft (outside of Cooks) but I think, just like they did the Cooks, they could make an exception.

Sam Ehlinger (QB - Texas) - Although he may not come out this year, he’s definitely someone I’d want the Saints to take a look at in the draft if he does. He comes out of Westlake HS (same high school as Brees and Nick Foles) and he shattered their records. He’s grown tremendously as a passer throughout his time at Texas, and has been having a nice year (outside of the TCU game). He’s someone I think could thrive sitting behind Brees for a year or 2, especially already having a relationship with him due to their high school ties.

Jamie Newman (QB - Wake Forest) - he’s my sleeper for this year’s draft, although he may not come out this year. He’s has the size and arm you look would ideally want with a franchise qb (6’4, 230 lbs and can make all the throws), and he’s been leading Wake Forest to one of their best season’s in a while (the only game he’s lost is against Louisville and he got hurt early in the game). He leads the ACC in passing efficiency and yardage, even over Trevor Lawrence. He’s accurate, tough and is a pocket passer, despite having the speed to be able to run. I think he probably comes out if he continues his great year (I think he would be a late 1st/early 2nd round player) and could develop into a franchise QB under the tutelage of Sean Payton.

Josh Imatorbhebhe (WR - Illinois) To be honest, this guy was off my radar. With a name like Imatorbhebhe, I think I may have seen it pop up for something, but I wasn't really following him. Then he put up a 4 rec 178 yards 2 TD performance on Saturday against Michigan St. He was a top recruit out of Georgia in 2016 and went to USC. He has a 47.1" vertical, runs a 4.49 and is 6'2" 215lbs. Redshirted in 2016, played a few games in 2017 before injury and in 2018 got injured early and never saw the field. This past summer he grad transferred to Illinois. He's only really played this season and in 9 games has 29 rec/598 yards and 9 TDs (Big Play BheBhe). Looks to be really mature and has learned a lot throw the adversity of being at the top then the bottom and now on the rise again. Watching what little highlights I could find on him, he looks like someone that SP could work with and could be understudy of MT like Kirkwood and TQS currently are.

Been keeping my eye on Cinci TE Josiah Deguara. This dude has all the making of legit Combo-TE. I think he'd have star potential in our O. Watched him earlier this year vs Ohio St, and wanted to shout him out on here for a while. This past weekend vs UConn, the only one who could slow down Deguara was his own QB, and it's been like that all season. That guy isnt that good at all. Des Ridder isnt the most accurate guy, stares his targets down, and seems to wanna force the ball downfield way too much. Everytime Ridder went his way, not only did he make the play, but Deguara got a bunch of extra yardage on his own and caught 2 TDs. Deguara has a knack of getting open and is really good after the catch. Plus, he's got nose for the endzone. He may not fill out stat sheets, though, but he's always making clutch plays for Cinci's O, and if not for his QB, I think his name would be all the buzz at the position. I know guys like Parkinson fr Stanford, Pinkney fr Vandi, and the MIZZOU kid get a lot of attention, and rightfully so. But I think Josiah Deguara's game totally translates into the pros. The dude is 6'3 240 an improving inline blocker and has all the traits of a future mismatch terror. Deguara reminds me of a better blocking version of Mark Andrews. I think he'd be a nightmare for DCs in Sean Payton's O.

And as per usual the Saints will take someone totally off of everyone's radar.

And the fans will always think they know better.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom