2019 Draft Rececivers revisited (1 Viewer)

NOFALCONS10

Not a part of your system
Reaction score
So despite the hatred for DK Metcalf who I loved prior to the draft on this board, he leads all rookies in recptions and yards, narrowly eclipsing his former teammate AJ Brown (who i doubted).

The Saints were extremely high on Brown but once again I doubted them just like I did with Michael Thomas. What have I learned? To keep my big mouth shut about their wr choices? Unlikely, but I have to give them credit with Brown. 20 yards per catch and almost 1000 yards is amazing for a guy his size.

The other top wr of Note is Debo Samuel who was the rage of the Senior bowl last year.

Surprisingly, Andy Isabella and JJ arcega Whiteside have had quiet years.

Terry Mclauren, DJ Slayton and Noah fant have also had respectable rookie seasons, as has Dawson Knox.

Rookie wr stats below:

I am researching players now and messing around with a mock draft (no trades and us picking towards the end of the rounds). WR is one of the positions that I don't know what to make of because sometimes I think SP is just going to develop what he has and other times I think he might want to add to it.

Seems like he's cooling off a bit.

He has, but I think it mostly has to do with who is know throwing the ball now. He was doing great when Case Keenum was playing QB.

DK is a beast but everyone was concerned about his health.

Last edited:
this class has produced very early and has been reasonably deep.

let's look at it from a Saints point of view

WRs we weren't getting

Marquise Brown
N'Keal Harry
Deebo Samuel

We traded up to 48 to take Erik McCoy. No complaints and I would bet everybody here would take McCoy over any of these WRs. McCoy has truely been the Real McCoy.

These guys would have had to be taken over McCoy as well seeing as they were also 2nd round picks. We didn't have a 3rd round pick, so some of these guys we would have had to waste more draft capital.

A.J. Brown
Mecole Hardman
J.J. Arcega-Whiteside
Parris Campbell
Andy Isabella
DK Metcalf
Diontae Johnson
Terry McLaurin
Miles Boykin
Hakeem Butler

This gets us to our 2nd pick in the 2019 draft that we actually traded up for. Chauncey Gardner-Johnson. I don't know about you, but the only WR I would take about CCGJ out of the above list is A.J. Brown and that would have taken a lot more to get seeing as he went 54 spots about the spot we traded up to get. You can make a case for DK, but that was also 41 spots higher. I just think CCGJ is going to be better for this team then DK would ever be.

The Saints just didn't have the draft capital or want to give up the future draft capital to move up to get any of these guys. I'm firmly believe that nobody here would be happy if the saints would have given up anything more to get any of these guys as well.

Gary Jennings Jr.
Riley Ridley
Hunter Renfrow
Darius Slayton
KeeSean Johnson

All 5 of these guys were taken before we took Saquan Hampton, so it would have taken more future draft capital to move up to get any of them. As a dynasty fantasy football player, the last 3 guys were on my radar pretty hard. If you asked the Saints thought, I would say that the only guy that they wish they moved up for over Saquan is Slayton. He was a guy that had the measurables and talent, but was a skinny, late bloomer at Auburn. He could be the one that got away.

Travis Fulgham
Juwann Winfree
Marcus Green
Kelvin Harmon

This group is where we took a shot on Alize Mack. I think the Saints liked Mack and he is probably better then any WR on the list just listed, but he was always a longshot to make the 53. Saints would have loved for him to be on the PS.

John Ursua
Terry Godwin
Dillon Mitchell

The Saints took Kaden Eliss who has done just about as much as the guys above him in the NFL, but I still like the potential he brings over the guys listed. I must say, as a dynasy player, I was a big fan of Dillon Mitchell coming out of oregon, but obviously, the Saints would have had to moved up to get him.

Olabisi Johnson
UDFA preston williams

The only UDFA that the Saints could have missed on, and personally he was on my radar the whole time was Preston Williams. He had a past though that shipped him to Colorado State and he had a reputation of being a diva as well. There was a youtube video that called him the next O'dell! It showed his potential, but you know how youtube videos work, they only show the good. I was on board with wanting to get him as a UDFA, but that stuff comes down to money and opportunity big time in the blink of an eye. These agents try to get their guy the best contract as fast as possible. Who knows if they saints were ever in on the Williams sweepstakes, but time tells us that they should have been.

eric

this class has produced very early and has been reasonably deep.

let's look at it from a Saints point of view

WRs we weren't getting

Marquise Brown
N'Keal Harry
Deebo Samuel

We traded up to 48 to take Erik McCoy. No complaints and I would bet everybody here would take McCoy over any of these WRs. McCoy has truely been the Real McCoy.

These guys would have had to be taken over McCoy as well seeing as they were also 2nd round picks. We didn't have a 3rd round pick, so some of these guys we would have had to waste more draft capital.

A.J. Brown
Mecole Hardman
J.J. Arcega-Whiteside
Parris Campbell
Andy Isabella
DK Metcalf
Diontae Johnson
Terry McLaurin
Miles Boykin
Hakeem Butler

This gets us to our 2nd pick in the 2019 draft that we actually traded up for. Chauncey Gardner-Johnson. I don't know about you, but the only WR I would take about CCGJ out of the above list is A.J. Brown and that would have taken a lot more to get seeing as he went 54 spots about the spot we traded up to get. You can make a case for DK, but that was also 41 spots higher. I just think CCGJ is going to be better for this team then DK would ever be.

The Saints just didn't have the draft capital or want to give up the future draft capital to move up to get any of these guys. I'm firmly believe that nobody here would be happy if the saints would have given up anything more to get any of these guys as well.

Gary Jennings Jr.
Riley Ridley
Hunter Renfrow
Darius Slayton
KeeSean Johnson

All 5 of these guys were taken before we took Saquan Hampton, so it would have taken more future draft capital to move up to get any of them. As a dynasty fantasy football player, the last 3 guys were on my radar pretty hard. If you asked the Saints thought, I would say that the only guy that they wish they moved up for over Saquan is Slayton. He was a guy that had the measurables and talent, but was a skinny, late bloomer at Auburn. He could be the one that got away.

Travis Fulgham
Juwann Winfree
Marcus Green
Kelvin Harmon

This group is where we took a shot on Alize Mack. I think the Saints liked Mack and he is probably better then any WR on the list just listed, but he was always a longshot to make the 53. Saints would have loved for him to be on the PS.

John Ursua
Terry Godwin
Dillon Mitchell

The Saints took Kaden Eliss who has done just about as much as the guys above him in the NFL, but I still like the potential he brings over the guys listed. I must say, as a dynasy player, I was a big fan of Dillon Mitchell coming out of oregon, but obviously, the Saints would have had to moved up to get him.

Olabisi Johnson
UDFA preston williams

The only UDFA that the Saints could have missed on, and personally he was on my radar the whole time was Preston Williams. He had a past though that shipped him to Colorado State and he had a reputation of being a diva as well. There was a youtube video that called him the next O'dell! It showed his potential, but you know how youtube videos work, they only show the good. I was on board with wanting to get him as a UDFA, but that stuff comes down to money and opportunity big time in the blink of an eye. These agents try to get their guy the best contract as fast as possible. Who knows if they saints were ever in on the Williams sweepstakes, but time tells us that they should have been.

eric
Sorry,

I disagree. DK Metcalf was the right pick there just based on sheer ability. I wanted Isabella at 62 only because I assumed that Metcalf would be gone in round 1.

We really missed out on Metcalf.

That one will hurt for a while.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom