2019 LSU Baseball Thread (1 Viewer)

You get 15 runs on 20 hits and you still gonna lose the game.

Yep... pretty disgusting way to lose any game.

Watson swinging at balls in the dirt.
Naturally. Ugh.

Another week, another mid-week loss to a team we should beat. And not just a loss, but a beat down, 12-1.

I can almost excuse these mid-week losses earlier in the season - getting some guys some game time, fine-tuning, etc - but at this point in the year, we should be winning these games. Arkansas, on the road, this weekend? They're gonna eat our lunch.

And we'll be on the road for a regional, again.

To go from preseason #1 to this is beyond disappointing.

- at this point in the year, we should be winning these games.
At this point LSU can give up on the being a tournament host in the NCAA tourney.
I'm starting to wonder if they would even make a #2 Seed in a Regional.

From #1 to Oblivion. :covri:
That's what is so sad for us fans. The expectations began so high this season. :jpshakehead:

Game 1....bottom 3rd....

Game 1....bottom 3rd....

It's been a long time since the Tigers in baseball and softball have been as bad as they looked the last few weeks.

Man, I sure hope we have a legitimate football season this year.
LSU is no fun right now. :covri:

It's been a long time since the Tigers in baseball and softball have been as bad as they looked the last few weeks.

Man, I sure hope we have a legitimate football season this year.
LSU is no fun right now. :covri:

4th inning

I disagree. 2011 was pretty bad. LSU has done resonably well this year, even with the injuries. They've won 30 games without a true Friday night guy. They just haven't lived up to expectations due to injuries. They're still expected to host a Super Regional as long as they don't finish losing these last weekends. If they can just get healthy, they can make a run. Once the playoffs start, everything else is garbage. I'm hoping that Paul is just holding the hurt kids back to make sure they have them ready for the post season. It's a gross overcorrection from the past couple years when they missed their best pitchers due to arm issues at the end of the season.

I disagree. 2011 was pretty bad. LSU has done resonably well this year, even with the injuries. They've won 30 games without a true Friday night guy. They just haven't lived up to expectations due to injuries. They're still expected to host a Super Regional as long as they don't finish losing these last weekends. If they can just get healthy, they can make a run. Once the playoffs start, everything else is garbage. I'm hoping that Paul is just holding the hurt kids back to make sure they have them ready for the post season. It's a gross overcorrection from the past couple years when they missed their best pitchers due to arm issues at the end of the season.
But the Tigers have looked bad "the last few weeks".
Obviously if they can get back the missing pieces (injured players) and figure out a way to put it all together in time for the post season... then that means they won't look as pitiful as they do right now.

Right now... it's just embarrassing!

Am I the only one who finds it awfully strange that we are still not settled on exactly who is the starting 2nd baseman, 1st baseman, and catcher?

Am I the only one who finds it awfully strange that we are still not settled on exactly who is the starting 2nd baseman, 1st baseman, and catcher?
They seem to be moving players around according to what they need in the lineup (bat vs glove). I think more than anything its' disappointing that no players at those spots can provide both.

Well, a three run lead didn't help the Tigers tonight.
It's hard to watch LSU play these days. :covri:

There is no chance this team gets a regional. I'm going to go out on a limb and predict that they lose again tomorrow. Then they've got UNO and Auburn. They'll lose two out of the four of those. They've got little chance of winning the SEC tourney. So it's simple, they'll be on the road at somebody else's regional and we all know how they've played on the road this season. I hope I'm wrong.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom