2019 LSU Baseball Thread (1 Viewer)

In case anyone had any hopes of a comeback in this one, the LSU pitching staff is taking care of those hopes with a 6 run (currently) bottom of the 8th....two runners on, 1 out.

Woo Pig Sooie!

I won’t push it too much right now. LSU has some arms they need to get back. Pitching just runs thin right now.

• 1Like
Reactions: MLU
There is no chance this team gets a regional. I'm going to go out on a limb and predict that they lose again tomorrow. Then they've got UNO and Auburn. They'll lose two out of the four of those. They've got little chance of winning the SEC tourney. So it's simple, they'll be on the road at somebody else's regional and we all know how they've played on the road this season. I hope I'm wrong.
Frankly, if LSU doesn't have the stuff to make it to the CWS this year, it really doesn't matter where they play.
And while the pitching issue is obvious, the lineup hasn't been nearly as productive at the plate as they need to be for a good run.

Despite the preseason hype, this just isn't our year. :cry:

@Bill, where you at? You watching this game?

@Bill, where you at? You watching this game?
Yes, I watched it last night. It was good to see the Tigers able to manufacture some runs when they needed it. But I was going nuts with all the freaky things that happened in the second inning when LSU gave up a 5 spot to South Carolina. Those are the sort of things that will almost always get you beat by a better team.

LSU almost certainly needs to win another game or two in order to draw a home Regional at the Box this year. But frankly I'm not expecting much from the Tigers in the NCAA tournament, so I'll be able to enjoy it for whatever positives we can accomplish. I'm just hoping the post season experience will be helpful for all our young pitchers so they can show their full potential next year. An SEC schedule is tough on any team that isn't stocked with some great arms.

So far, it's a total team effort of suck. Pitching is bad, no runs, and defense isn't helping. Should be a quick road trip for whatever regional we get sent to.

Well this game against Miss. St is enough to make you crazy. It'll be another early morning finish, and I'm really fearing that this one is going to be one of those 6 hour, walk-off style heartbreakers.

I sure wish we had their hitters. The Bulldogs have some big dudes swinging that bat.

Yep... watched the whole miserable game which lasted 17 innings and ended after 3am this morning.
And of course it finished just as I worried it might. :jpshakehead:

It's gonna be a rough day at work with less than two hours of sleep to start my day Zzzzzzz.....

Yep... watched the whole miserable game which lasted 17 innings and ended after 3am this morning.
And of course it finished just as I worried it might. :jpshakehead:

It's gonna be a rough day at work with less than two hours of sleep to start my day Zzzzzzz.....

I couldn't keep my eyes open by about 11 pm and fell asleep. I'm glad I didn't stay up to the end just to see the heart breaking loss. And a 17 inning game isn't good for our pitchers. That's just about a whole extra game and now we're in the loser's bracket. Good luck getting out of that.

I couldn't keep my eyes open by about 11 pm and fell asleep. I'm glad I didn't stay up to the end just to see the heart breaking loss. And a 17 inning game isn't good for our pitchers. That's just about a whole extra game and now we're in the loser's bracket. Good luck getting out of that.
Frankly we weren't going to get by Vandy anyway. The best shot that LSU had at getting a Regional at The Box was to finish the deal on the Bulldogs this morning. If the Tigers can stay awake long enough to beat Auburn this afternoon, that would give them one last shot to beat a top ranked team and complete their resume going into the NCAA Tournament.

I fully expect that LSU will hit the road as a #2 seed somewhere.

I can't even....

Just wow at the end of that game.

Between Men's basketball this past season and now Baseball, my heart is going to explode soon...

Felt sorry for the player kicking the baseball.
Catcher had no idea where it was.
Lady luck enters the building.

An implosion.....not by LSU? I like it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom