2019 LSU Baseball Thread (1 Viewer)

It's hard to be too upset at the mauling of the Tigers by Vanda this afternoon. This is exactly what I expected would be the case. It would have taken a certifiable miracle for LSU to have advanced to the last game.

Yep, as hot as the bats were last night, I think they used up their last bit of fuel in tank. Vandy is just too good to come in after playing so many innings in the last few days, with the pitching issues we've got, to be able to do a whole lot. I'm still expecting us to be 2 seed in somebody else's regional.

One game we run rule, the next we get run ruled. Or at least that's the way it's looking now.

Switching over to watch the Lady Tigers. That one's a little closer.

Yep, as hot as the bats were last night, I think they used up their last bit of fuel in tank. Vandy is just too good to come in after playing so many innings in the last few days, with the pitching issues we've got, to be able to do a whole lot. I'm still expecting us to be 2 seed in somebody else's regional.
I think the consensus is that LSU will be hosting. All things equal, tie is going to the facility with the best attendance figures in college baseball. There is still $$$ to be made here and LSU has done enough. My questions are does Jaden Hill come back in time and can Marceaux continue his performance?

I think the consensus is that LSU will be hosting. All things equal, tie is going to the facility with the best attendance figures in college baseball. There is still $$$ to be made here and LSU has done enough. My questions are does Jaden Hill come back in time and can Marceaux continue his performance?

When looked at from the money standpoint, then yeah, I would agree that the NCAA would want LSU hosting. I suppose they've done enough, but barely. I'll certainly be happy to have a regional because their track record at home is much better than on the road.

When looked at from the money standpoint, then yeah, I would agree that the NCAA would want LSU hosting. I suppose they've done enough, but barely. I'll certainly be happy to have a regional because their track record at home is much better than on the road.
As good as it is at home is even better in Hoover. Perhaps LSU should host or regional there?

Well, I suppose LSU made a pretty good showing in Hoover because they got awarded one of the host sites for the NCAA Regionals.
The NCAA couldn't resist picking the team with the best fan support. Tigers need to get some arms throwing and some bats popping!

Geaux Tigers!

2019 NCAA Baseball Regional Hosts
• Athens, Georgia – Georgia (44-15)
• Atlanta, Georgia – Georgia Tech (41-17)
• Baton Rouge, Louisiana – LSU (37-24)
• Chapel Hill, North Carolina – North Carolina (42-17
• Corvallis, Oregon – Oregon St. (36-18-1)
• Fayetteville, Arkansas – Arkansas (41-17)
• Greenville, North Carolina – East Carolina (43-15)
• Los Angeles, California – UCLA (47-8)
• Louisville, Kentucky – Louisville (43-15)
• Lubbock, Texas – Texas Tech (39-17)
• Morgantown, West Virginia – West Virginia (37-20)

• Nashville, Tennessee – Vanderbilt (49-10)
• Oxford, Mississippi – Ole Miss (37-25)
• Stanford, California – Stanford (41-11)
• Starkville, Mississippi – Mississippi St. (46-13)
• Stillwater, Oklahoma – Oklahoma St. (36-18

Arizona St, Southern Miss, and Stony Brook (ugh, bad memories). Let's hope for a better result against Stony Brook this time around.

Arizona St, Southern Miss, and Stony Brook (ugh, bad memories). Let's hope for a better result against Stony Brook this time around.
I guess I was like a lot of other people when they announce Stony Brook as our matchup at The Box on Friday. If it was hard living that down the first time, imagine what would happen if it was veja vu all over again.

Frankly I'm just as worried about Southern Miss as the Stoners. Everyone has to bring it for this weekend's Regional in Baton Rouge. Nothing less than a trip to the Supers can stop the general feeling of disappointment for this season. But I really don't see a trip to Omaha this year. :covri:

Looks like coach got his kids ready to play.

Cole Henry looked strong. Let's see if the bullpen can hold up now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom