2019 LSU Baseball Thread (2 Viewers)

bonnjer

Let the Wins Count begin!
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
First two games are in the books and both looked shaky, especially today's game against Army. I'm glad they were able to pull it off. Hopefully, tomorrow will be a good Sunday blowout.

I didn't watch either game, but I followed along via Twitter while doing things around the house today. Here is a great fan video of the grand slam today.

True freshman Cade Beloso is 5-9 w/ 5 RBIs this year so far...

Ugh, Marceau just imploded in the 2nd against Texas. Gonna be tough to come back down 6 with the pitching struggles today.

While LSU was said to have picked up a lot of good pitching prospects, they are clearly a year or two away from being able to handle the bright lights of major college baseball. Without enough reliable pitchers, LSU is not what people predicted they would be this year. They may not even be among the Top 5 in the SEC.

It sure is easy to see how poor we really are now that we've played against some good competition. :sad:

Let's see how they look today. It might just take the youngsters a little longer to settle in.

Let's see how they look today. It might just take the youngsters a little longer to settle in.
As long as LSU pitching is issuing walks by the dozen every game, we can't expect that things will turn around very soon.

Yep, pitching is killing us.

Ugh, Marceau just imploded in the 2nd against Texas. Gonna be tough to come back down 6 with the pitching struggles today.
He walked a few batters after starting with a 0-2 count. That's pretty damn bad. I'm glad we're getting these losses out of the way now. It early and embarrassing to get swept like that, but it's early and plenty of time to get the team turned around.

I'm not blaming the coach, but who has done less with more like Paul Maneri? Reminds me a lot of Les Miles....gets the recruits and talent, but just can't "coach em up". The year is still real early. Plenty of baseball left. It will be very disappointing if this team isn't a contender this season.

LSU falls to #9 after being swept by Texas. :covri:
Though it won't be impossible, the Tigers need to get much better on the bump if they are going to get back into the Top 8 come tournament time because the SEC is tough as nails this year.

This weekend literally means nothing. We saw LSU win the series vs a good Cal State Fullerton team years back and fail to make the playoffs. The beat Texas 2-1 last season and Texas ended the season as the better team. It sounds like LSU just needs to be patient and play as a team.

Could be a blessing in disguise. Being swept like that will humble you and make you hungry to prove yourself. Tons of baseball to be played.

Remember, it's who is hot at the end of the season!!

• 1Like
Reactions: MLU
Could be a blessing in disguise. Being swept like that will humble you and make you hungry to prove yourself. Tons of baseball to be played.

Remember, it's who is hot at the end of the season!!
I'm hoping for some of this.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom