2019 LSU Baseball Thread (1 Viewer)

Good. They need to EARN it. After getting swept, I hope they remember that sting and turn it into better play.

Pitching is killing us again. Too many walks.

Pitching is killing us again. Too many walks.
I'm watching California having their way with LSU in Game 1 of their series, and LSU can't find a kid who can throw a strike to save their life. And while the Tigers can't find anyone who resembles a real pitcher, the Cal starter was stifling LSU batters cold.

It's going to be a long and miserable baseball season at LSU this year.

Well, thank goodness that the bats decided to come alive at the last moment. That win was good fortune. Pitching is still going to destroy us.

Cole Henry starts today and goes 4 innings before Hilliard comes in. Henry allows 2 hits, 1 run and no WALKS. Lol

The Tigers sure like to play their best ball in the waning innings of a game. I guess their MO this year it to try and keep games close enough to pull out a squeaker in the end. :shocked:

The Tigers sure like to play their best ball in the waning innings of a game. I guess their MO this year it to try and keep games close enough to pull out a squeaker in the end. :shocked:
They're just continuing what the basketball team started...

And we lose to NSU (my alma mater) in Natchitoches. I know NSU is improved of late, but we should in no way lose to them. How in the world were we ranked so high to start the season?

And we lose to NSU (my alma mater) in Natchitoches. I know NSU is improved of late, but we should in no way lose to them. How in the world were we ranked so high to start the season?
The 'experts' thought LSU was going to develop some of the large class of new pitchers this year. It's obvious now that this is not what's going to happen. However, some of these guys do have potential. But sadly by the time they learn how to pitch to big time college hitters, guys like Duplantis, Watson, and Smith will be long gone.

However, the baseball team has a good nucleus of young kids who might pick up that slack and gel in a year or two. But right now even the pitchers from last year that we (and everyone else) thought were going to be top notch starters can't find any kind of consistency.

'20 & '21 will be our best bets for a successful Tigers baseball team. But all that 'potential' will have to step up to make something special happen.

Good job taking care of business this weekend and sweeping Kentucky. Bats came alive and pitching is progressing (if slowly), but still too many walks. Hopefully, we'll continue to see progress as the season moves along. We might not get back to #1, but we can certainly be better than #10.

Argh. Getting ready to lose another mid-week game to a Southland conference team, Nicholls. Tied 3-3, top of the 9th Nicholls cranks a homer. Good news, LSU has done wayyyyy better with walks. Still, no excuse to lose to this team at home.

Update: Chris Reid is a timely hitting beast. It's tied up.

Last update: LSU managed to pull it out. I still don't like it when you have to go to extra innings in a mid-week game against a team who you should destroy.

Last edited:
I don't mind the midweek game losses. This is when you experiment and shift players in the lineup, bullpen, etc. In the grand scheme of things, you won't win every game you're supposed to win and it's best to worry about the ones that matter. This weekend's game is where the focus needs to be.

The starting rotation seem to have settled in with Hess, Henry and Walker as the Friday, Saturday, Sunday guys. Hilliard seems to be rounding back into shape. Marceaux and Hill are being held back after some arm soreness. Even with all that, the bullpen is pretty deep.

Good game by Hess taking his 1 run and adding 9Ks and no walks over 8 innings pitched for the game 1 win in Athens.

Another mid-week loss to an in-state school at home. Pitching still struggling with almost a walk an inning and two wild pitches that led to McNeese scores. Bats didn't help, as you aren't going to win any games with 0 runs scored. With going to Miss St this weekend, this team looks to be in a bit of trouble. If we can manage to win 1 game out of the series, I think we'll be doing good. Still, with this McNeese loss and at least a couple of losses to Miss St, we'll sink further down the top 25 list, which is troubling considering we started out the season at the top.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom