2019 LSU Baseball Thread (1 Viewer)

I didn't listen last night, but not surprising. LSU's deep pitching has goten thin all of a sudden. Pre-game it sounded like they were going to piece together the p[itching for last night. This AM i read they had a player's only meeting after the game.

UGA has really good pitching, so while I wasn't pleased with a 1-2 weekend, it wasn't troubling. LSU bought themselves some cushion with the UK sweep the previous week. MSU this weekend is more of the same as UGA. Two conference road series vs teams the caliber of UGA and MSU is tough. After this weekend, I think it eases up a bit.

Good game 1, but bad outcome. Not the best decision to send the runner there at the end.

Baseball looking better than basketball right with Cole Henry taking a 6-3 lead into the 5th inning. Henry has walked 1, has 2 hit against and 7 Ks.

LSU is making a surprisingly good showing so far. Last night's game was one they could have won. Tonight was all them. Let's go ahead and win the series tomorrow.

The bats come alive and LSU bounces back and takes the series in Starkville, MS. Nice game by Walker who after the game this was the first time everything felt good since he returned from Tommy John surgery.

Sometimes all you need is a post-game, players-only meeting in the outfield after a loss to a Southland Conference team to get things going...

Yep, if they get to the CWS this year, I think we can point to this weekend as the turning point.

LSU really surprised me in taking this Starkville series.
It makes me think we still have a chance to do something special this year.

LSU pulled out a close Game 1 at Alex Box against the Aggies, 2-1
Josh Smith with the go ahead home run in the 8th. Whew!!!
The rest of this series will be tough.

LSU needs to win this series to take control of the division.

LSU needs to win this series to take control of the division.

They took care of business. Nice job on taking 2 out of 3. Looks like they're slowly coming along.

Another road series, another lost series. Hess leaving after the first inning of the first game seemed to have a domino effect on the rest of the weekend. They barely eeked out the first game win, but then got hammered in the other two.

I've been out of pocket since the end of last week so I don't know anything, but that's not a series that LSU should have lost. That's a series that LSU should have swept regardless of any injuries to Hess.

I've been out of pocket since the end of last week so I don't know anything, but that's not a series that LSU should have lost. That's a series that LSU should have swept regardless of any injuries to Hess.
If LSU had a good team this year, I'm sure they would have.
Give them about two years and they'll be sweeping a few conference series' for us fans.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom