2019 LSU Recruiting Thread (1 Viewer)

People keep saying this, but I don't see it. He can either be the 3rd or 4th best coach in Alabama history or the greatest coach in Clemson history. He is well on his way to being to Clemson what Bear is to Bama. I'm just not sure what the draw would be for him or what he gets out of it, plus he comes off as less than genuine and a fraud.

More money? Like you said, he'd be in some pretty large shadows.

More money? Like you said, he'd be in some pretty large shadows.
I mean not a huge difference in quality of life between making $7 million a year to $9 million a year. Those people all pretty much have the same toys and drive the same cars. There's a good read on SI this past week about Saban and Dabo both having a home on Boca Grande.

People keep saying this, but I don't see it. He can either be the 3rd or 4th best coach in Alabama history or the greatest coach in Clemson history. He is well on his way to being to Clemson what Bear is to Bama. I'm just not sure what the draw would be for him or what he gets out of it, plus he comes off as less than genuine and a fraud.

I'm actually not so sure he'll go to Bama but there's lots of people in Alabama that think he is. He's from Birmingham. He played for Bama. His family lives in Pelham (outside Birmingham). Those things matter.
I think they'd make it real hard to say 'no' but I can think of lots of reasons for him to stay in Clemson. He can stake a claim there and now they're bucking up to show everyone that they're not a pass through program. $93 mil is big time. Good for them and good for him. He's one of the few coaches that is actually likable.

Considering that he's from and played for Bama just keeps him in the conversation for that job though. I think he's in Clemson for a long while. But If things get dicey in Clemson in a few years, there's no telling what might come about.

For now though, It's good to be Dabo.

Last edited:
Soo... The MLB draft starts tonight. Be watching of Maurice Hampton's name is called. Rumor is that he has a price. No one knows how high that price is, but we will find out soon.

"A lot of advisers said that the Kyler Murray situation did do some damage to the two-sport athlete," Hampton Sr. said. "But from day one, I’d never change anything. He’s good in football, he’s good in baseball, he has excelled in both and the proof is in the pudding. I would never do anything different that what he did."

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom