2019 LSU Recruiting Thread (1 Viewer)

I didn't know much about him other than Bama offered and he has rated 4-stars. LSU isn't hurting for DBs, but I trust Raymond's evaluations. For me, it was mostly about the optics of flipping a Bama commit to LSU.

LSU wanted Williams for sure, not for the optics but because he is a top 160 db. I think LSU wanted him at safety as all their db's this cycle are corners.

And they will move Kelvin Joseph to safety, which is his natural position. He played corner as a freshman after Surtain bailed on us at the last minute.

This is another example of how clueless recruiting sites and so called recruiting experts can be.

Most experts, despite the fact Parker was a verbal commit, had declared he would not be in this class.

Some said it was grades. Others wrote that LSU had yanked his offer when he did not sign early.

I do think its true grades are an issue with him and it might be LSU is taking a risk on him because they are missing on other targets like Moore, Young and Williams.

Sopsher is still the bell cow for the second signing period. LSU fans will be singing Orgeron's praises if LSU gets him and trashing Orgeron if he doesn't.

That's the life of an LSU coach. The irony of it for me is I dont even think Sopsher is that good. I still hope we get him and hope I am wrong about him. he just doesn't seem like a high motor guy to me.

This is another example of how clueless recruiting sites and so called recruiting experts can be.

Most experts, despite the fact Parker was a verbal commit, had declared he would not be in this class.

Some said it was grades. Others wrote that LSU had yanked his offer when he did not sign early.
Something changed. All of the recruited guys have said at one point this last month that LSU was moving on and that it was coming from LSU staff. I think the grades issue was message board rumor because I never saw that anywhere else. Thats usually something the recruiting web sites will divulge using their buzz words (He has 'work to do' or There are 'eligibility concerns'.) unless I just missed them. I think the staff was put off by his committing and then not signing in December. They told Flott that he wouldn't have a spot in February and he signed. I imagine there was a similar conversation with Parker, who really did want to attend LSU by all accounts for about a year now.

I am kinda excited at the prospect of seeing him at LT. I think LSU has really lacked some athleticism there since La'el Collins. He reminds me a bit of Eric Winston and Andrew Whitworth, who played TE in HS and transitioned to excellent LTs in college.

What yall think about Miami's punter? How did we miss on this guy? Got to love the Aussie punters.

Screen_Shot_2019_02_06_at_7.00.13_AM.0.png

Not totally unexpected. His best friend is Jaren Handy who committed there a few months back. There were some weird rumors about this guy, but he tore it up at the All Star games.

Ray Parker, Jay Ward, Devonta Lee and Ishmael Sopsher are the last four...

Not totally unexpected. His best friend is Jaren Handy who committed there a few months back. There were some weird rumors about this guy, but he tore it up at the All Star games.

Last edited:
Mississippi was loaded this year and Ole Miss and State let most of them get away.

Not looking good for Ishmael.

Non-LSU related info, but 5-Star RB Jerron Ealy out of Jackson, MS spurns Alabama and Clemson to attend Ole Miss. Ealy was at one time committed to Ole Miss, but opened things back up for Clemson and Bama. There is a chance he ends up in MLB, but that's a mild surprise.

Some UK message board chatter that Jay Ward is coming to Baton Rouge.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom