2019 LSU Recruiting Thread (1 Viewer)

BU: Chaisson, Moore, Anthony, Thorton, Cherry, Scott, Fanua, Little
DE: Lawrence, Thomas, Jenkins, Fanua
NT: Fehoko, Shelvin, Livingston, Ika
DE: Logan, Farrell, Cotton, Evans

Don't forget that Chasen Hines and Dare Rosenthal can always move back to DL, too. LSU signed 5 pretty good OL prospects this year and there have been no early defections. The additions of Kardell Thomas and Ray Parker could very well provide opportunity for Dare and Hines to move back to their preferred side of the ball. LSU already has two very high rated DTs on the books for 2020 and are in great position with Branard Wright, McKinley Jackson and Jacobian Guillory. While I like the focus on the DL and OL, the situation is not as dire as some people make it out to be.
I think they move Hines back to the DL. He's the better athlete and I don't think they were impressed with Dare on DL and wanted him for OL the whole time.

I think they move Hines back to the DL. He's the better athlete and I don't think they were impressed with Dare on DL and wanted him for OL the whole time.
I honestly don't know where Hines ends up, but the staff recruited him for OG and he wanted to play DT, so they told him he could. Depth last season pushed them to switch sides where he saw playing time quickly. Now, he has a leg up to start at LG with Bruiser gone. I could see it either way, but if he goes to defense he's not going to see the field much. If he sticks with offense, he could very well start.

Dare was always going to end up at OT, just like Ray Parker. Of course you want to allow kids to play the position of their choice. Eventually reality will set in and they will discover what they're best at and what they struggle with. Everyone wants to be successful, so naturally they gravitate to their best position. Dare is built exactly like you would build a LT from the ground up.

Here’s what’s kinda interesting-

3 bama related coaches; Kirby smart, nick saban and jimbo fisher are all top five classes.

The sex is incredible right now

I honestly don't know where Hines ends up, but the staff recruited him for OG and he wanted to play DT, so they told him he could. Depth last season pushed them to switch sides where he saw playing time quickly. Now, he has a leg up to start at LG with Bruiser gone. I could see it either way, but if he goes to defense he's not going to see the field much. If he sticks with offense, he could very well start.
I'm hearing (rumors only) that Ed Ingram's mess will be cleared up before next season. That and the addition of Kardell will make it easier to move Hines if needed.

I'm hearing (rumors only) that Ed Ingram's mess will be cleared up before next season. That and the addition of Kardell will make it easier to move Hines if needed.
Yeah, I have heard the same but there's this saying about counting chickens...

Kardell has some work to do on his body. He is strong AF and super agile, but carries a lot of bad weight and has little endurance. He'd be great in a rotation I bet, but dead in the 4Q. I think that (barring injuries) he sees the 2-deep, but spends the season getting in shape. He's going to dominate if that gets under control. I'm going to live watch him roll Ish Sopsher again.

I was listening to the Geaux247 podcast today and they talked about a couple of kids who just finished up the HS Track & Field Championships. They mentioned that DT, Joseph Evans, Haynesville finished #1 in the shotput.

Trey Palmer ran a 10.42 in the 100m and 21.11 in the 200m. The 200m was a state record in Class 1A by .25 seconds. For a comparison, while in HS Kary Vincent (who currently runs for the LSU TF team) ran a 10.42 in the 100m. His current PR is 10.30 I think. Donte Jackson (who also ran track at LSU) ran the 200m in 21.26 and his PR was 21.20. Palmer, who was on e recorded running a 4.7/40 in a summer camp has come a long way. It also goes to show how much time you can make up with just technique. The kid has always been fast, but doing it on a track with electronic timers is a whole other level.

A graphic I found attached to this article will give LSU fans a headache along with UGA, UT and SC fans.

It must frustrate Bama fans to see Clemson so far down the ranks. Then again, to some it’s probably very comforting to see their boy Dabo (bama alumn), getting it done with less and knowing that he’s quite likely to be Saban’s replacement...

THAT is what makes this graph so unsettling for me.

I
It must frustrate Bama fans to see Clemson so far down the ranks. Then again, to some it’s probably very comforting to see their boy Dabo (bama alumn), getting it done with less and knowing that he’s quite likely to be Saban’s replacement...

THAT is what makes this graph so unsettling for me.
If you graphed the last 4 years, rather than the last 11, Clemson would be near the top. Dabo is a terrific coach, but he also has had plenty of talent to work with over the last few years.

I

If you graphed the last 4 years, rather than the last 11, Clemson would be near the top. Dabo is a terrific coach, but he also has had plenty of talent to work with over the last few years.
Mmmm. Gotta sorta disagree. Yeah, he has talent but nothing like the classes that Bama’s been getting. Clemson has been getting quarterbacks though. That is clearly critical. But bama has too. And bama gets families to move 6,000 miles to live in applebee land tuscaloosa!

Just consider this, Bama just lost nat champ to a team that had the 22nd rank class in 2017. Many of which were on the team. Now the 2018 class was great and certainly paid off big with Trevor Lawrence who Saban wanted real bad btw.

I think the point is this.... saban can have the top class year after year but he has struggled against Dabo Sweeny who has not gotten the numbers or the quality consistently like Saban. I predict he’s going to find the same thing coming from western sec Tamu real soon

Last edited:
I don't think I need to post where Bama has ranked, so I will post where LSU and Clemson have ranked in terms of recruiting classes to paint a picture of what Dabo has done.
  • 2019: LSU #5. Clemson #10.
  • 2018: LSU #15. Clemson #7.
  • 2017: LSU #7. Clemson #16.
  • 2016: LSU #2. Clemson #11.
  • 2015: LSU #5. Clemson #9.
Clemson has signed a higher rated class than LSU only once. Their staff does a fantastic job of keeping kids in school and developing them.

I don't think I need to post where Bama has ranked, so I will post where LSU and Clemson have ranked in terms of recruiting classes to paint a picture of what Dabo has done.
  • 2019: LSU #5. Clemson #10.
  • 2018: LSU #15. Clemson #7.
  • 2017: LSU #7. Clemson #16.
  • 2016: LSU #2. Clemson #11.
  • 2015: LSU #5. Clemson #9.
Clemson has signed a higher rated class than LSU only once. Their staff does a fantastic job of keeping kids in school and developing them.
And he’s recruiting ACC, headquartered in South Carolina with a big in state draw from univ of South Carolina. Also Georgia is right over the border and just over an hour away.

He has put Clemson on the map bigtime.

And he’s the likely replacement for Saban at Bama...

Last edited:
Mmmm. Gotta sorta disagree. Yeah, he has talent but nothing like the classes that Bama’s been getting. Clemson has been getting quarterbacks though. That is clearly critical. But bama has too. And bama gets families to move 6,000 miles to live in applebee land tuscaloosa!

Just consider this, Bama just lost nat champ to a team that had the 22nd rank class in 2017. Many of which were on the team. Now the 2018 class was great and certainly paid off big with Trevor Lawrence who Saban wanted real bad btw.

I think the point is this.... saban can have the top class year after year but he has struggled against Dabo Sweeny who has not gotten the numbers or the quality consistently like Saban. I predict he’s going to find the same thing coming from western sec Tamu real soon
I agree that Dabo has done the most with the talent available, but he is not bereft of talent, which I thought was the impression being given. I also think he has had the best QBs the last few years which always magnifies talent. Bama has been awesome everywhere except QB, where they have had good, but not awesome talent. LSU has also been very good to awesome everywhere except QB, where they have had average talent, which makes all the other talent try to compensate. So I think the overall class ranking can be deceptive if the talent isn’t strategically signed. Dabo has been strategic and has used his talent well and he has had some luck at QB.

And he’s the likely replacement for Saban at Bama...
People keep saying this, but I don't see it. He can either be the 3rd or 4th best coach in Alabama history or the greatest coach in Clemson history. He is well on his way to being to Clemson what Bear is to Bama. I'm just not sure what the draw would be for him or what he gets out of it, plus he comes off as less than genuine and a fraud.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom