Opinion 2019 LSU Tigers the BEST football team ever? (1 Viewer)

They certainly lived up to the hype. I've never seen a team not only win so many big games, but do so in dominating fashion. I think Aranda held back a lot of the defense that we saw down the stretch because he could. The offense built such commanding leads in most games that he would just go into a basic scheme for the end of the game - when a lot of garbage time points were scored.

Pretty sure there is a section on this forum for this.

Yeah, where the thread will get 6 replies. It's the day after the National Championship and the team is 80 miles away from the Saints so there are a ton of fans of both. I'm sure the mods will move it if they think it needs to be.

I also know the rule. A rule that is subjectively and loosely applied, but don't change the subject. You said that it wasn't even close.

It wasn't close. You're telling me you're looking at those photos *YOU* posted and you don't see him leading with the crown of his helmet?

And you didn't know the rule. You said he hit him in his shoulder. That's irrelevant. It's not where he hits the offensive player, it's what he hits him with.

So, maybe you know the rule now - after it has been pointed out to you, though your persistence suggests otherwise. But you definitely didn't know it then.

There are calls that are debatable in that game. That one is definitely not one of them.

But it's the one you keep harping on, which says a lot for your overall argument about poor officiating costing Clemson a fair game.

It is hard to say. To me, the best team has to do it on consecutive times. LSU had one of the best seasons ever, but that does not mean they are the best team.

Actually, if Clemson would have won the game, I think they will be in the conversation of the best team ever. That streak of consecutive wins (until yesterday) is very impressive.

College football teams have such turnover year after year that it's hard to discuss them outside of one season at a time. That in mind, I think you have to consider this season the best single-season in college football history. Nearly every major coaching or player award went to LSU, they beat several top 10 teams along the way, defeated the ACC and Big 12 Champions, and set record after record. What team in the modern era comes close to all of that?

It is hard to say. To me, the best team has to do it on consecutive times. LSU had one of the best seasons ever, but that does not mean they are the best team.

Actually, if Clemson would have won the game, I think they will be in the conversation of the best team ever. That streak of consecutive wins (until yesterday) is very impressive.

I think you can argue teams based on single seasons. There’s so much player turnover year to year. When you look at multiple seasons. I think your talking about ranking “programs” rather than teams.

2018 Clemson vs 2019 LSU is the interesting comparison for debate.

Have to see in a couple years but as of now 2001 Miami Hurricanes have something to say to LSU. This team can't touch 2001 Hurricanes.

Man, you know you've arrived when posters show up trying to place an asterisk on the win. LOL!
It wasn't close. You're telling me you're looking at those photos *YOU* posted and you don't see him leading with the crown of his helmet?

And you didn't know the rule. You said he hit him in his shoulder. That's irrelevant. It's not where he hits the offensive player, it's what he hits him with.

So, maybe you know the rule now - after it has been pointed out to you, though your persistence suggests otherwise. But you definitely didn't know it then.

There are calls that are debatable in that game. That one is definitely not one of them.

But it's the one you keep harping on, which says a lot for your overall argument about poor officiating costing Clemson a fair game.
If you're going to quote me, then do it correctly! This was what I said, " Yes, I saw the play. He hit him in the shoulder. Did you even see the play? "tgt.jpgtgt.jpg

If you're going to quote me, then do it correctly! This was what I said, " Yes, I saw the play. He hit him in the shoulder. Did you even see the play? "tgt.jpgtgt.jpg

Dude he lead with the crown. It is targeting. Where he hits doesnt matter. Even the announcers mentioned it last night.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom