Opinion 2019 LSU Tigers the BEST football team ever? (1 Viewer)

LSU had major helped from the refs in the game. Clemson fans should now feel like Saints fans after all the questionable calls and non-calls that cost them a fair game. That score would be very different.

Fair game? Did you look at the penalty stats?

LSU was penalized more for nearly twice the yardage. Ya' gotta' bring your "A" game (like knowing the actual rules and stats) in this house.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-01-15 at 7.30.15 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-01-15 at 7.30.15 AM.png
    120.5 KB · Views: 5
LSU had major helped from the refs in the game. Clemson fans should now feel like Saints fans after all the questionable calls and non-calls that cost them a fair game. That score would be very different.
Did you actually read what you typed before hitting "post reply"?

OK, lets name a few(only a few)on that GOOD team: Clinton Portis...Willis McGahee....Frank Gore...Jeremy Shockey....Andre Johnson.. Bryant McKinnie.. .Vince Wilfork...Jonathan Vilma... Ed Reed...Phillip Buchanon.. Sean Taylor. That's just a few. 2001 Hurricanes scored 512 points while allowing only 117. Miami beat opponents by an average of 32.9 points per game. The offense set the school scoring record, defense led the nation in scoring defense, pass defense, and turnover margin. 17 Players were drafted in 1st round alone. Over all 38 were drafted.
I agree that was one of the greatest assemblage of players ever.
OK, lets name a few(only a few)on that GOOD team: Clinton Portis...Willis McGahee....Frank Gore...Jeremy Shockey....Andre Johnson.. Bryant McKinnie.. .Vince Wilfork...Jonathan Vilma... Ed Reed...Phillip Buchanon.. Sean Taylor. That's just a few. 2001 Hurricanes scored 512 points while allowing only 117. Miami beat opponents by an average of 32.9 points per game. The offense set the school scoring record, defense led the nation in scoring defense, pass defense, and turnover margin. 17 Players were drafted in 1st round alone. Over all 38 were drafted.
I agree that the talent on that team was ridiculous. Here's the rub though. Level of competition. They might have crushed all of the other teams. We will never know. They were in a crap conference. Just like Bowden was considered a great coach at FSU but not to hard when your conference is weak.
I respect and understand your opinion though.

i guess no one has ever watched any season of the mighty northwestern state demons?

sigh.

Best overall team of all time is probably too subjective, but they should be in the conversation. They definitely had one of the greatest seasons of all time, beating as many top ten teams as they did, and were without a doubt the best and greatest LSU team of all time.

Joe Burrow, though, probably had the greatest single season for a quarterback. I think there's enough objective evidence to win that argument -- Heisman winner, a ridiculous 60 passing TD's, near record completion percentage, and then caps it off with an MVP performance in the national championship.

Fair game? Did you look at the penalty stats?

LSU was penalized more for nearly twice the yardage. Ya' gotta' bring your "A" game (like knowing the actual rules and stats) in this house.
Are you saying that because you Googled a stat sheet, you have a n "A" game? Are you saying that because these were flagged more, it means that they didn't benefit from non-calls? I see a lot of y'all talking rules so lets see some.

Defenseless player (Rule 2-27-14). When in question, a player is defenseless. Examples of defenseless players include but are not limited to
  • A player in the act of or just after throwing a pass.
  • A receiver attempting to catch a forward pass or in position to receive a backward pass, or one who has completed a catch and has not had time to protect himself or has not clearly become a ball carrier.
  • usp-ncaa-football_-college-football-playoff-nation.jpg

Player Out of Bounds ARTICLE 1. a. A player is out of bounds when any part of his person touches anything, other than another player or game official, on or outside a boundary line (Rule 2-27-15) (A.R. 4-2-1-I and II).
EONcyv7XsAY50lT.jpgEONaXTAXsAAEwmm.jpg

I agree that was one of the greatest assemblage of players ever.

I agree that the talent on that team was ridiculous. Here's the rub though. Level of competition. They might have crushed all of the other teams. We will never know. They were in a crap conference. Just like Bowden was considered a great coach at FSU but not to hard when your conference is weak.
I respect and understand your opinion though.

Time will tell. If this LSU team can produce the Pro level NFL talent like the 2001 Hurricanes team did, then they would be in the conversation as greatest team ever.

Are you saying that because you Googled a stat sheet, you have a n "A" game? Are you saying that because these were flagged more, it means that they didn't benefit from non-calls? I see a lot of y'all talking rules so lets see some.

Defenseless player (Rule 2-27-14). When in question, a player is defenseless. Examples of defenseless players include but are not limited to
  • A player in the act of or just after throwing a pass.
  • A receiver attempting to catch a forward pass or in position to receive a backward pass, or one who has completed a catch and has not had time to protect himself or has not clearly become a ball carrier.
  • usp-ncaa-football_-college-football-playoff-nation.jpg

Player Out of Bounds ARTICLE 1. a. A player is out of bounds when any part of his person touches anything, other than another player or game official, on or outside a boundary line (Rule 2-27-15) (A.R. 4-2-1-I and II).
EONcyv7XsAY50lT.jpgEONaXTAXsAAEwmm.jpg
Pretty sure you’re just trying to make dead horse pudding at this point

Yep Nevin Shapiro bought the best players around!

That was the dirtiest team of all dirty teams. Faked drug tests paid everyone!

I will not say they were not good but nothing about them what so ever was clean.

That Nebraska team had a couple thugs but was not in the same zip code as Miami when it comes to dirty.

My vote goes to that Nebraska team. They did not 4 wide ya. They came out and just punched you in the face both sides of the ball.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom