Opinion 2019 LSU Tigers the BEST football team ever? (1 Viewer)

sbadeaux

All-Pro
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Listening to an interview I heard someone ask Trevor Matich if This version of the LSU tigers are Historically the best college football team ever.

I’m thinking to myself, well that’s a little bit of a leap. It’s a hard question to answer. Sure they are better than championship teams from the beginning of college football to the modern era. Teams before 1990 would be physically overwhelmed. It’s not debatable how much bigger and faster the players are today. They physically could not hold up. I am thinking to myself the only way would be if they could play each other.

I am thinking all of these things while I am waiting on his response. Then he said “Yes this is the best team to ever play college football”.

I am thinking what? He then said if they win tonight, this LSU tiger football team will be the only team in the history of college football to have beaten 5 teams that finished the season in the top 10. Mind you, not teams who were ranked when they played, but teams ranked in the top 10 at seasons end. If you count teams ranked In the top 10 at the time they played, the number goes to 7. The combined record of the 5 Top 10 teams LSU beat this year is 60-8....That is ridiculous and the winning percentage of all LSU 2019 opponents was 67.8%....

Also Herbstreet said that this is the best offense to ever play. It is the first time ever that college Defenses have had to play A college QB running a true NFL system, running NFL route concepts with NFL matchup concepts and QB consistently making NFL Reads and going through all the progressions of an NFL route tree. Not even Payton Manning In college ran a system that demanded NFL caliber reads and progression on every route concept.

Finally, it was stated That even though in his opinion no one has ever made the improvement from one year to the next that Joe did, Joe did not go from being a Decent QB to what he is today. He said Joe was a Great QB finally given the tools and allowed to use those tools to show how good he really was. He said sure he got more experience and improved, but you don’t go from ok to maybe the greatest to ever play. if you don’t already have greatness in you.

With all that said, with what we have to work with, and the information we have at our disposal. When you consider that the LSU defense after finally getting healthy, played like a Top 5 Defense in the last 5 weeks, I think we have to say yes.

This is the best team to ever play college football. Well, at least they can definitely Be put in the discussion.

Last edited:
Yeah i think so too. I have doubts i'll live to see a season as good as Burrow just had at LSU. I'm very curious to see what Joe Brady can do with Myles Brennan though, if it was just a one hit wonder with joe or not. Joe Burrow made a hell of a leap from last year to this year. It also makes me feel like we should have won the SB last year anyway if not for the famous no call... Without the incompetence of nfl refs LSU were able to succeed. People in Louisiana love football too, i heard fireworks after every LSU score. It was nice to see all this after the saints have a bunch of tough losses in the playoffs lately. Hopefully Goodell and Al Riveron are on there way out soon so saints can get to the top again soon too. I'll be keeping a eye on Joe Burrow where ever he ends up playing next year.

that's not helping your case

it's a survey of social media posts, a bunch of knee-jerk reactions. That's hardly incriminating for the allegations you're trying to make.

He called Skalski's tackle a "textbook tackle" and he shouldn't be ejected for it because it wasn't targeting. And he cited a tweet that said he hit him with his shoulder. Did you or the tweeter or the blogger even see the hit?

It wasn't close.

It was textbook alright... textbook targeting.

And if that's his first and best argument, the rest of that nonsense is just tears.

They allowed more DPI by the Clemson DBs than they did for LSU, though both teams were pretty physical. There was a *lot* of holding going on that wasn't called.

If you're going to impugn the officiating to the level of the Rams/Saints fiasceaux, you gotta come more correct than this.

that's not helping your case

it's a survey of social media posts, a bunch of knee-jerk reactions. That's hardly incriminating for the allegations you're trying to make.

He called Skalski's tackle a "textbook tackle" and he shouldn't be ejected for it because it wasn't targeting. And he cited a tweet that said he hit him with his shoulder. Did you or the tweeter or the blogger even see the hit?

It wasn't close.

It was textbook alright... textbook targeting.

And if that's his first and best argument, the rest of that nonsense is just tears.

They allowed more DPI by the Clemson DBs than they did for LSU, though both teams were pretty physical. There was a *lot* of holding going on that wasn't called.

If you're going to impugn the officiating to the level of the Rams/Saints fiasceaux, you gotta come more correct than this.
Yes, I saw the play. He hit him in the shoulder. Did you even see the play?

Screenshot_20200114-063351.pngScreenshot_20200114-063351.png

By definition, it was targeting. You don't have an argument.

does not solely occur when players initiate helmet-to-helmet contact. It's defined as occurring when a player "takes aim at an opponent for purposes of attacking with forcible contact that goes beyond making a legal tackle or a legal block or playing the ball." Instances include, but are not limited to:
  • Launch--a player leaving his feet to attack an opponent by an upward and forward thrust of the body to make forcible contact in the head or neck area.
  • A crouch followed by an upward and forward thrust to attack with forcible contact at the head or neck area, even though one or both feet are still on the ground.
  • Leading with helmet, shoulder forearm, fist, hand or elbow to attack with forcible contact at the head or neck area.
  • Lowering the head before attacking by initiating forcible contact with the crown of his helmet.

The only knock on this LSU team is the absence of any iconic defensive player, although they were very solid as a team. I think they win best-ever because of whom they beat.

First, they said this Bama team was the best ever WR corps and Tua and all that - then LSU beat them handily (and set records).

Then, Georgia had tons of talent and a "home dome" game for the SEC - thenLSU beat them handily (and set records).

Then, they said this Clemson team had the most NFL talent - then LSU beat them handily (and set records).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom