2019 MLB Playoffs [Merged: World Series] (1 Viewer)

Peyton Kershaw does it again.

Incredible.

I don't think I've ever seen a choke artist to this extent.

I could not believe Roberts had him go back out in the 8th. He got lucky he didn't give up a 3 run homer to Eaton the inning before. I said to myself the only way the Nats have a chance is if Roberts is dumb enough to leave Kershaw in the game.

9-11 4.43 era in the post season

His regular season career era is 2.44 as a reference point.

He's lost 4 elimination games in the 7 times the Dodgers have been in the playoffs. And then add this debacle tonight where the blame is squarely on his shoulders. Game 5 against my Astros in the world series in which he was given a huge lead only to blow it. Cost them the world series.

Good grief.

Dave Roberts will be lucky to walk out of that stadium without being fired
The plan before the game was Buehler to Kershaw to Jansen.

But after the first homer, you gotta go get him. And then where is Jansen? How is Kelly pitching the 9th and 10th. You have to go with your very best relievers when you're in a tie game at home going to the 9th. And that means your closer first and then go from there.

A female reporter straight up asked Roberts in the press conference basically when is enough enough with trying to use Kershaw in the playoffs? It was very awkward and it caught Roberts off guard. He said he couldn't answer that question.

As the game passed midnight EDT, I had to turn the TV off and put the game on my headphones as I fell asleep. I woke up this morning with no idea what happened.

On paper, it looks like quite a feat for Washington to take down the Dodgers. How do the Nationals stack up against the Cards? It looks like the Nats won more regular season games and have an excellent pitching staff.

But after the first homer, you gotta go get him. And then where is Jansen? How is Kelly pitching the 9th and 10th. You have to go with your very best relievers when you're in a tie game at home going to the 9th. And that means your closer first and then go from there.

A female reporter straight up asked Roberts in the press conference basically when is enough enough with trying to use Kershaw in the playoffs? It was very awkward and it caught Roberts off guard. He said he couldn't answer that question.

Yeah, they had alot of options in the bullpen they didn't use. Probably Kelly should have been pulled after one inning, but leaving him in after that double by Rendon is absolutely inexcusable, when they had Jansen, Ryu and Urias. They also could have elected to pitch against Soto, with Kolarek their LOOGY. Nationals probably still get one run at least, but game would still be within reach.

Incredible.

I could not believe Roberts had him go back out in the 8th. He got lucky he didn't give up a 3 run homer to Eaton the inning before. I said to myself the only way the Nats have a chance is if Roberts is dumb enough to leave Kershaw in the game.

He's lost 4 elimination games in the 7 times the Dodgers have been in the playoffs. And then add this debacle tonight where the blame is squarely on his shoulders. Game 5 against my Astros in the world series in which he was given a huge lead only to blow it. Cost them the world series.

Good grief.

Wow ?

In the clubhouse interview, Clayton said, “I am not going to hang my head, & I will be back next year.”

Oh well.......

Dave Roberts will be lucky to walk out of that stadium without being fired

Amazing. I wonder if they will finally make a change. They extended his contract by a couple of years, last year, if I remember correctly.

I met Roberts mom at a church festival thing. A little sweetheart lady. Her son sure has a bizarre flaw in playoff games, however.

As the game passed midnight EDT, I had to turn the TV off and put the game on my headphones as I fell asleep. I woke up this morning with no idea what happened.

On paper, it looks like quite a feat for Washington to take down the Dodgers. How do the Nationals stack up against the Cards? It looks like the Nats won more regular season games and have an excellent pitching staff.

Whatever happens, Nats vs Cards is going to be exciting & fun.

As much as I love the Cards & the peeps of St Louis, I really believe in sharing the wealth. The Cards have already won the World Series multiple times.

A silly aside: The GM of the Nats gave such a nice post game speech to his team. The Cards GM dropped the F Bomb every other word in his speech to the team, for some stupid reason. Ugh.

Whatever happens, Nats vs Cards is going to be exciting & fun.

As much as I love the Cards & the peeps of St Louis, I really believe in sharing the wealth. The Cards have already won the World Series multiple times.

A silly aside: The GM of the Nats gave such a nice post game speech to his team. The Cards GM dropped the F Bomb every other word in his speech to the team, for some stupid reason. Ugh.

I saw that! What a lunatic!

Anyone in a leadership role that feels compelled to deliver profanity-laden speeches shows they're over the heads IMO. A word here or there in the heat of the moment is no big deal but that was something different.

Just not a good look at all.

Incredible.

Good grief.

How ‘bout them Astros! ???

Astros survive the resilient Rays.

Kevin Cash is simply an outstanding manager.

Now onto the best pitcher on the planet, Gerrit Cole.

11th straight game of 10+ Ks, the record was 8.

Also, consecutive innings with at least 1 K was held by Pedro at 40 games. Pretty phenomenal.

Yeah well Gerrit Cole ended his streak in the third inning tonight and it ended at 73 games. Yes, almost double the previous record.

I am going on record that the Astros should sign Cole to 6 year $240 million contract. He's worth it.

Last 24 starts.

18-0
1.66 era
13.9 Ks/9 IP

Astros 22-2 during that time.

The key to the Yankees series is getting it back to Houston for games 6 and 7 where Verlander and Cole will be pitching.

Yankees better win in 5 or they aren't gonna beat my Astros.

Time for Greinke to show everyone why we made that trade deadline move.

Incredible.

Good grief.
Kershaw has started 6 elimination games - those are starts, not relief appearances, so last night does not factor:

In those 6 elimination games the Dodgers have won 1 - game 4 of the 2015 NLDS (a series the Mets would win in game 5).

In those 6 games he pitched 35.2 innings giving up 38 hits and 7 walks (1.26 WHIP) and 24 earned runs (6.06 ERA).

Over 12 years his regular season career WHIP is 1.008 and ERA is 2.44

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom