2019 MLB Playoffs [Merged: World Series] (1 Viewer)

Nationals sweep. Suck it Harper.

?

Wonder what Harper is thinking???!!!

Sad for the Cards......just wasn’t meant to be. They have won the WS x 11, it is time for the Nats. ⚾️?

Indeed. What is going on with the bats? This team features the rookie of the year, either the MVP or the runner up to it, eight batters at .275 or better for the season (five at .296 or better), two batters with more than 100 rbis, two with more than 90, two with more than 70, and four batters with better than 30 home runs.
So far, they are in a monumental collapse at the plate in the playoffs. Just a head scratcher. Surely, these guys are going to come out of their collective funk and start pounding the ball again. I'm hoping Correa's walk-off Sunday night is the turning point that brings the hitters back to life.
A good bit of it can be attributed to good pitching, but certainly not all of it.

Especially with men on base I'm not seeing enough situational hitting, hitting the other way, moving runners over. It looks like hero ball out there vs team ball.

The 7th inning of today's game was by far their best inning in the playoffs (I'm still not counting the tipped pitches inning). They hit and run and got a man from first to third.

Then got caught in a run down between third and home but Springer expertly stayed halfway between until the other runners were on 2nd and 3rd. A wild pitch and a sac fly later and the Astros all but guaranteed the game 3 win by padding the lead to 4-0.

I will say this about the hitting. We are hitting a ton of live drives right at people. Even Hinch alluded to the fact he didn't think the bats were struggling by mentioning that fact.

Brantley has definitely come out of his 6 week funk. He got two hits the other way today. Springer is trying to do too much at the plate. Altuve is fine, Bregman off to a slow start but I'm never worried about him because of his plate discipline. Yordan has not really gotten going in these playoffs and I think it's because he hasn't gone yard yet. If he does, watch out. Gurriel has hit a bunch of line drive outs in this series, he's gonna get rewarded and soon. Reddick huge home run, he's such a great right fielder, we really need him to contribute offensively so he can stay in the lineup and on the field.

As I said we may very well be looking at this team having to win all 8 starts by Verlander and Cole. So far so good, 2-0.

So interesting fact here.

Since 1988, 8 teams have swept their LCS, with the Nats becoming the 9th tonight.

Those teams are 1-7 in the World Series.

I'm liking the Astros chances should we be fortunate enough to best the Yankees.

Cole now 19-0 in his last 26 starts, 1.59 era.

These playoffs, 3-0 0.40 era.

The 19 straight wins in a single season I do believe ties a MLB record with some dude in 1916. So he'll try to become the first ever to win 20 in a row without a loss.

So interesting fact here.

Since 1988, 8 teams have swept their LCS, with the Nats becoming the 9th tonight.

Those teams are 1-7 in the World Series.

I'm liking the Astros chances should we be fortunate enough to best the Yankees.
Astros sure looked strong against the Yanks today.

Altuve is one of my favorite players EVER. ??

Nationals are strong - strong i tells ya. The starting pitching is ridiculous. The bats are smart and able to pour it on. The bullpen is on point. The mojo is clicking.

I was on the road tonight listening to the radio call. In the bottom of the sixth and the bottom of the seventh, the radio call analyst said “The Nats really have to add another run or two, they can’t be comfortable here.” I’m thinking what series have you been watching? The Cards have scored six runs in four games and you’re saying a three run lead isn’t reasonably safe? They “have“ to get more?

Of course more is always better. And to be fair the Cards did load the bases in the eighth, but it still seemed like a ridiculous thing to say under the circumstances - especially two innings in a row.

Teams who have won game 3 in a 7 game series tied 1-1 have gone on to win 69% of the time.

Gerrit Cole has become my all time favorite pitcher these last two years.

What another masterful performance yesterday. This guy is unbelievable.

Gerrit Cole has become my all time favorite pitcher these last two years.

What another masterful performance yesterday. This guy is unbelievable.

Garrit Cole is a bad arse. The dude is lights out. And then he didn't even look that sharp yesterday. And he was still awesome.

He is just hitting his prime and his contract will be up after the season. He is about to become a very wealthy man

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom