2019 NBA off season tracker - Woj: Draymond signs max deal (3 Viewers)

I only watched a couple Va Tech games, but I think he's similar to Jrue. He's an "okay" ball-handler". He would adjust his speed (fast, slow, then fast, slow to throw defenders off balance) when he drove to the goal. I didn't think he was as good of a ball handler as Tremont, but he's didn't look uncomfortable dribbling the ball. He did always seem to be getting a steal, like Skylar Mays. I felt like he was more of a shooter than passer. He either drove to the goal or knocked down open shots when the ball rotated over to him. He had a decent jumper, too but no doubt his strength lies in shooting. I have always heard that rebounding and steals translate over to the NBA. Maybe he turns into a rotational piece that can sit there in the corner and knock down shots, then get back and play tough defense.

One thing all of the Pels draft picks have in common: good defenders. Alvin is going to have to figure out how to coach defense this year. lol
Skylar Mays. He reminds me of Skylar Mays, but with a better outside shot, but not as physical.

And according to reports, they wouldn't mind dumping the rest of those guys to make cap space.
They keep saying they need another $30 million to sign a third star player, but I don't know how they could even field a team unless they start holding fan tryouts like The Replacements.

I have no idea how things fall from here on out. I do know there are several players left who really impressed me the past couple years. At the top of the list is Gafford from Arkansas. Nick Claxton from UGA was always a tough player. Admiral Schofield was always making big shots. Carsen Edwards had a really good year last season and an exception tournament.

"David Griffin on what the Pelicans need, "Culture-driver veterans"

True we need leadership, culture drivers, and mentors. We also need a 3 PT threat and a proven Center.
I take that cap space and aggressively pursue Al Horford and Patrick Beverly, both great mentors and leaders.
Pat Bev really stepped up Shai's game in LA, he can do the same with Neil, he's also deadly with 3's. Maybe he can teach Lonzo how to shoot? haha
Al Horford is an incredible leader and would take Hayes and Zion under his wing as a perfect mentor. Hope we can make it happen.

• 1Like
Reactions: MLU
"David Griffin on what the Pelicans need, "Culture-driver veterans"

True we need leadership, culture drivers, and mentors. We also need a 3 PT threat and a proven Center.
I take that cap space and aggressively pursue Al Horford and Patrick Beverly, both great mentors and leaders.
Pat Bev really stepped up Shai's game in LA, he can do the same with Neil, he's also deadly with 3's. Maybe he can teach Lonzo how to shoot? haha
Al Horford is an incredible leader and would take Hayes and Zion under his wing as a perfect mentor. Hope we can make it happen.
Although I really like Horford, he's probably too expensive and his style of play isn't a great fit.
He passed up 30mil this year to become a FA.
And a 5 who can shoot is what we need. Need a spacer. Plus signing Horford likely eats up all the cap space we have

I wouldn't mind throwing money at either Nikola Vucevic, Thobias Harris or Klay Thompson. :unsure:

Nice move today buried behind the draft frenzy...

I wouldn't mind throwing money at either Nikola Vucevic, Thobias Harris or Klay Thompson. :unsure:

My only concern with Thompson is his recovery.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom