2019 NBA off season tracker - Woj: Draymond signs max deal (3 Viewers)

Kawhi to the Lakers would be terrible for New Orleans.
Worse for New Orleans than for the other teams in the Western Conference?

I don't see great things for any "Big Three" led by LeBron James and Anthony Davis past the 2019-20 season. And I feel like I'm being courteous assuming they'll be great immediately -- a .500-ish record with LeBron, AD and Kawhi, even all three ... I wouldn't be totally shocked. I could see dozens of missed games, not being able to turn on the light switch at playoff time, and so on.

The Nets are signing Kyrie Irving and it's looking more and more likely that they will also sign Kevin Durant. They also agreed to a 2 year, $10 million contract with Garrett Temple (2nd year team option). They'll need to dump salary. With what's coming in, you'd think it has to be Spencer Dinwiddie. The other option would be Joe Harris. I like Dinwiddie, but he doesn't fit with what we need. Harris, however, would be a great addition as a floor spacer.

Worse for New Orleans than for the other teams in the Western Conference?

I don't see great things for any "Big Three" led by LeBron James and Anthony Davis past the 2019-20 season. And I feel like I'm being courteous assuming they'll be great immediately -- a .500-ish record with LeBron, AD and Kawhi, even all three ... I wouldn't be totally shocked. I could see dozens of missed games, not being able to turn on the light switch at playoff time, and so on.
I have no confidence in their front office to surround LeBron, AD, [max player] and Kuzma with a championship caliber roster and if they don't win it in the next two years, an implosion is certainly possible. That would be great. However, if that [max player] is Kawhi, then they now have three of the top 5 players in the league and become instant favorites regardless of the remainder of the roster. They'll do a lot of load management, get into the playoffs as a 3-6 seed and then turn it on in the playoffs. Kawhi to the Lakers is bad for New Orleans.

this freaking guy

D-VkO8uU0AAaTSY

Kawhi to the Lakers would be terrible for New Orleans.

He got one half right. Let's pray he didn't get the second half right.
The Nets are signing Kyrie Irving and it's looking more and more likely that they will also sign Kevin Durant. They also agreed to a 2 year, $10 million contract with Garrett Temple (2nd year team option). They'll need to dump salary. With what's coming in, you'd think it has to be Spencer Dinwiddie. The other option would be Joe Harris. I like Dinwiddie, but he doesn't fit with what we need. Harris, however, would be a great addition as a floor spacer.

Well maybe Joe Harris is the odd man out.

Steph and Klay > Kyrie. Also LOF'nL at the Knicks.

Edit (from C's longtime beat writer):

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom