2019 Needs... (1 Viewer)

Not a big list as this team is stacked and I think we went into the season knowing we still needed to get stronger at certain positions (Tight End being the main one) we got Watson to hold the fort down because we missed out on some guys in the draft and we didn't get much production at the WR additons we had in Meredith and TQS...

....I'd venture to say we will be just as good next year with more production from TE and WR alone.

A Safety who can make plays. Williams is not what everyone thought he would be this year. He is never close to the ball.

2nd year... yes, Williams regressed some from his rookie season. It's a normal thing in the nfl. He is the most likely player to make a huge leap next season, IMO.

Who can we get ? Earl Thomas, HA HA Clinton Dix and Tyrann Mathieu are available for Safety. Tyler Eifert, Jesse James and Antonio Gates for TE.

A Safety who can make plays. Williams is not what everyone thought he would be this year. He is never close to the ball.
People aren’t gunna want to believe it but it’s true. He has too many cons to be starting.

Doesn’t make enough plays
Can’t read QBs eyes
Poor poor poor tackler
Takes terrible angles

TE and WR for sure. Don’t know how we did as well as we did this year with what we had. Only 2 real playmakers on offense this year with MT13 and Kamara. That’s about it really

Will Marcus Davenport take pro bowl step next season? We gave up a 1st round pick for him. Hopefully he make that jump.

Who are some of the free agents available next year?

Offense. We really fell off in the last quarter of the season.

TE, WR, OL

This team is so close... teams will now close out Thomas and Kamara, stop the run, and we're back to 2018 all over again... Sean Payton has to get Drew some new toys, or good, used ones... I go back to 2009 because Lance Moore was a MAD MAN! He was clutch with Jimmy Graham. although, San Francisco stopped Sproles, Graham and Ingram in 2011..and we puttered out...I think it was 2011 or 2014.. LOL I forget... But the obvious needs are WR, TE and Slot Receiver...Sean Payton and Mickey Loomis should already know this...

Cooks from the Rams torched us in the game...why we never covered Cooks is beyond me... They stopped Thomas, but we couldn't stop Cooks.... Cooks aint all that. LOL

This is not a FA need, but I think it’s a must to give Payton a contract extension.

If we're going all in for the missing pieces does anyone think the Saints could swing a trade with Jacksonville for Austin Seferian-Jenkins this off-season? He only signed a 2 year deal with them, and he's relatively young only 26. Has good size, speed, athleticism. He is coming off an abdominal injury so his Trade value could be reasonable.. especially for a team like Jacksonville who will have to weigh all their options and fully evaluate their roster this off-season.

I know it's only highlights but he has soft hands and makes athletic plays down the middle seam, something lacking from the Saints passing game from the TE in 2018. Could be like Eric Ebron who everyone thought was a bust in Detroit, but then went to Indy played with Luck and looks all-world.

Free agent market for Tight Ends looks pretty dreadful, Jared Cook will get overpaid.. Eifert can be productive but he's never healthy.. (seriously worse injury history than Fleener) rest look like back-up, depth guys..

I think you go all out for Golden Tate, Jevon Kearse, and Jesse James and also invite Dez Bryant back to camp to compete for a spot. Defensively, bring home Tyrann Mathieu.

No one wants to hear this, and yes, he's managing it well and is still one of the best in the game, but Brees' best days are behind him and he's starting to miss on a lot of passes, both short and long. The downturn has clearly begun for him, so we absolutely must commit to surrounding him with better talent. Make those moves, we're back in the dome again for the NFC title game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom