2019 NFL Draft DT John Cominsky vs Aaron Donald (1 Viewer)

NOFALCONS10

Not a part of your system
Reaction score
DT John Cominsky matched Aaron Donald in nearly every category at the combine including 40, 3-cone, Broad Jump, and Shuttle.

They are nearly the same weight and have similar proportionate arm lenghths but Cominsky is a bit taller while Donald is stronger on the bench.

Cominsky is listed as a DE but he seems better suited on the inside like Donald and Geno Atkins.

This kid has the makings of an all-pro DT if the team wants him in RD 2.

Absolutely, but his technique seems fundamentally sound as well as his motor.

285lb DTs that run a 4.6 Don't grow on trees and he has all of the tools. To my knowledge there is only one in the NFL currently and the previous one was Warren Sapp. Atkins runs a 4.75 for comparison sake and Cam Jordan ran a 4.77 at the same weight at the combine in 2011.

He has raw technique and shorter arms for a 5 tech but has the athleticism to develop into a 3-4 end like Justin Smith with the right position coach.

I would definitely start him off inside at 4-3 DT first where his athleticism needs less refinement early on.

"Cominski posted a time of 4.69 seconds in the 40-yard dash at the NFL Scouting Combine, ranking third among defensive linemen, excluding those the league's website classified as edge rushers. It's a dazzling time for a 6-foot-5¼, 286-pound man.

"That's scary stuff at that size," NFL Network analyst Daniel Jeremiah said during the broadcast. "That's 286 pounds running at that time. That is Aaron Donald weight and speed."

Cominsky also placed third in the three-cone drill (7.03 seconds), tied for seventh in the vertical jump (33.5 inches) and broad jump (9 feet, 8 inches) and tied for ninth in the 20-yard shuttle (4.38 seconds). He bench pressed 225 pounds 22 times.

Watched all the film I could find on Cominsky earlier this year. That whole D-line was good. Kahzin Daniels is a sleeper on that defense. Reminds me of that Junior guy, fast first step. I think your right about playing him inside in 4/3.

Watched all the film I could find on Cominsky earlier this year. That whole D-line was good. Kahzin Daniels is a sleeper on that defense. Reminds me of that Junior guy, fast first step. I think your right about playing him inside in 4/3.

Jaylon Furguson reminds me of that Junior Guy.

I watched Khazin's highlights but there is no game film on him.

Lol I remember Nofalcons man crush on Mcdowell red flaga be danged !!!
Yeah.

I had a man crush on Watt, Donald, Ansah, etc well before their drafts too.

You win some, you lose some.

I still think that McDowell had all pro potential. Too bad he threw his career away.

Can't coach stupid.

Khalen Saunders is also very intriguing.

He reminds me of old Steelers NT Casey Hampton.

Yeah.

I still think that McDowell had all pro potential. Too bad he threw his career away.

Can't coach stupid.
I had a high grade on Nathan Peterman so i cant say anything lol

Depends on the size of the fight in the man, as they say. Wasn't Martez Wilson able to jump out of the gym if he wanted to? The combine plays a certain role in player evaluation, but it isn't everything.
It's mostly everything.

That's why Montez Sweat has catapulted into the top 10 and Kyler Murray is the #1 pick now on nearly everyone's board.

Positions like Cornerback are nearly exclusively dependent on pre-draft workouts. Having speed at corner doesn't guarantee success but not having it almost assuredly guarantees failure.

In this case I am just pointing out a very rare athlete in Cominsky. The only NFL interior lineman that has those kinds of numbers is Donald himself.

Yeah.

Can't coach stupid.
I was extremely high on Cam Jordan and JJ Watt in 2011. Didn't think we had a chance at either one. Wasn't a big fan of McDowell or really any 6'5 290 pound DE since 2011.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom