2019 Roster Suggestions (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Absent Anthony Davis (as I suspect they will be), the Pelicans should make Brook Lopez a priority free agent target. He would be the perfect complement and mentor for Zion Williamson. Lopez will stretch the floor with his range (opening the lane for the slashing ZW), his length is something the Pelicans sorely need to be competitive on the backboards should Davis skip out, and his defensive presence would give the Pels a fighting chance against the likes of Giannis, Jokic, Vucevic, Embiid, etal.

Heck, as I think about it, even if 'the Brow' would decide to extend here with the Pelicans, Lopez should still be a priority. What frontcourt in the league would be better than (BL, ZW, AD). Would all this be possible if AD returned? That would depend on what the Pels (and Julius Randal) decide to do with regard to his free agency situation. But a starting lineup that includes: Brook Lopez, Anthony Davis, Zion Williamson, Jrue Holiday and a competent Point Guard (Rajon Rondo, anyone?) would stack up favorably with anyone. And, Davis wouldn't be asked to man up on some of the bigger aforementioned centers in the league (he wouldn't be taking the pounding he's had to, up until now).

How would this Depth Chart stack up in the West?

Center: Brook Lopez, Jahlil Okafor
Forward: Anthony Davis, Christian Wood, Cheick Diallo
Forward: Zion Williamson, Stanley Johnson
Guard: Jrue Holiday, Frank Jackson, Kenrich Williams
Guard: Rajon Rondo, Elfrid Payton (under our terms)

We would still have two players of note under contract on the roster - E'Twaun Moore and Solomon Hill. IMO there is value to Moore's contract, so maybe there could be a trade worked out for both expiring contracts with a second rounder or two coming back this way next year.

If AD could find a better situation than this anywhere (with the Pelicans holding the cards), adios...he's not about winning. Then, I would set my sight on a trade that would somehow involve RJ Barrett or Ja Morant at some level.

Last edited:
Welp... Griffin and Langdon are supposedly meeting with AD today. I seriously doubt that AD stays despite AD + Pelicans are closer to a winning franchise than the Lakers or Knicks. Maybe Griffin shows up with Kyrie Irving to talk about getting together with the big guy in NOLA? lol Better yet, Griffin trades AD to the Lakers for #4 and LeBron?

At this point. we're just waiting to see who gives the Pels the best package for him. We will know in a couple weeks. It will be tough to turn down the Knicks #3 pick.

Last edited:
If AD stay sign another mega MAX..Kemba Walker.

If AD stay
AD
Jrue
ZION
Kemba
Randle

If AD go lets see what kind of package a team can put together. Geaux Pels!

After a trade with the Knicks...

C: Mitchell Robinson
PF: Zion Williamson
SF: RJ Barrett
SG: Jhrue Holliday
PG: Dennis Smith, Jr

A young, starting five with room to grow...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom