2019 slogan for the season should be "Finish Stronger"!!!! (1 Viewer)

Zero Doubt.

That's my favorite. Leave no doubt in destroying our opponents, nothing that's left to refs or botched calls.

"Leave No Doubt" would be a great slogan for 2019. I want to see the offense run up the score when possible. I want to see a nasty, angry defense. Basically I want to see the Saints turn into villains. No quarter. No mercy. Like the Cobra Kai of the NFL.

I want to see them become Darth Vader in The Empire Strikes Back. Sean Payton needs to wear a black cape on the sideline. The team should run out to The Imperial March.

"Leave No Doubt" would be a great slogan for 2019. I want to see the offense run up the score when possible. I want to see a nasty, angry defense. Basically I want to see the Saints turn into villains. No quarter. No mercy. Like the Cobra Kai of the NFL.

I want to see them become Darth Vader in The Empire Strikes Back. Sean Payton needs to wear a black cape on the sideline. The team should run out to The Imperial March.
We can be friends. Lol

I’m not a fan of that. It just feels like it’ll be a constant reminder of “not finishing strong enough” last season.

A slogan, or mantra, for a team's season needs to be both 'Cool' and 'Meaningful.' It has to both make a statement, and constantly remind the players that anything less than giving every ounce on every snap, on every drill, on every meeting, on every aspect of their life for the next 6 1/2 months is horse sheet and will ultimately result in failure.

Of course it would be awesome for this year's slogan to be something vengeful like "Scorched Earth" or "Kill Them All"

But given the circumstances surrounding this season, I believe there is a better message. The last 2 seasons ended in Heart Wrenching losses that most teams would have trouble recovering from. 2018 ended in catastrophe on a play in which a rookie was unsure of what to do in a situation where there were only bad options and fractions of a second to make the decision. Last year ended by having our dreams shattered on a play that put the game in the hands of the refs to make the correct call. Both of those scenarios, more often than not, will result in failure.

If you read any of the Preseason predictions that are being put out, the majority of analysts and journalists don't believe this team is capable of recovering from 2 such gut punching season conclusions. They see our boys slipping, lacking the resolve and the will to overcome such heartbreak and unable to maintain the intensity required to duplicate the success of the last two seasons and this time, Finish.

So my slogan for this season should be: "ERASE ALL DOUBT!"

Whatever It Takes!!

Because of the last two NFCCG games and all the hoopla about Saints not being able to put it behind them I'd suggest Only Today Matters.

Finish Stronger is cool. But I am kind of afraid of that. Last time I told myself to FInish Stronger was in Port O Call. I finished quite strong with the Monsoons and was in bed recovering for 2 days - lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom