2020-2021 EPL Thread (2 Viewers)

As you might expect, it's not going well for NBCS on social media. Look at the responses to this Tweet. Lol.

Not a single positive comment. The one tweet by a person actually watching is complaining about the buffering 😂

Not a single positive comment. The one tweet by a person actually watching is complaining about the buffering 😂

I watched a free match on Peacock and few weeks ago and notice the same buffering problems. It didn't bother me then, but if I have to pay for it, it better not lock up 4 or 5 times a match.

Woomp woomp

From following on Twitter, it's the same issues that crop up every so often....no motivation, no true goal scorer. Apparently Pogba was checked out up until he got yanked in the 2nd. Maguire was sub par, and we couldn't generate or create. When Palace went up early, they went into defense mode (parked the bus), and we just couldn't make anything happen.

Very disappointing coming just a few weeks after playing great footie to end the last season.

One had screenshot and not only buffer issues, it looked like he was watching behind a window overcome with condensation. Lol

And the good public relations continues for NBC Sports move of EPL matches behind the Peacock pay wall. The comments continue to blast NBC:

I've seen major American TV networks do dumb things in the past, but this is way up on the list for the dumbest. Not only will they not gain viewers because people won't happen onto the EPL on NBC or NBCSN, but they will lose viewers both because their ritual of watching games on Saturday and Sunday morning will be gone and the Peacock App is not available on Amazon's Fire Stick/Fire TV. So now not only would I have to pay for Peacock Premium, but I would have to either watch it on my P.C. or over my PS4.

And the good public relations continues for NBC Sports move of EPL matches behind the Peacock pay wall. The comments continue to blast NBC:

I've seen major American TV networks do dumb things in the past, but this is way up on the list for the dumbest. Not only will they not gain viewers because people won't happen onto the EPL on NBC or NBCSN, but they will lose viewers both because their ritual of watching games on Saturday and Sunday morning will be gone and the Peacock App is not available on Amazon's Fire Stick/Fire TV. So now not only would I have to pay for Peacock Premium, but I would have to either watch it on my P.C. or over my PS4.

Ritual was - 10 am Sunday match got me to 12pm Saints game ( instead of watching inane pundits on pregame shows )

Guess thats over. Unreal.

Yeah, it seems like the long play is to continue to cultivate the American market. It seems to me that over the past 10 years, things really turned the corner. It had become very common to see league matches from Europe on TV in sportsbars and pubs in the US these days - you don't even have to ask anymore like you used to (presuming the manager or bartender knows what they're doing).

The fact that NBC was showing prime matchups in the early afternoon TV slot on weekends was proving that market. But the gains are with the casual fans, not the committed regulars. But now that's all they're going to get and they're not going to get all of them or even most of them.

And it's still a younger demographic in the US. I'm sure they're watching on Reddit if they can, and that doesn't do anybody any good.

Ritual was - 10 am Sunday match got me to 12pm Saints game ( instead of watching inane pundits on pregame shows )

Guess thats over. Unreal.

Great long-term investment there. Genius.

Meanwhile, always nice to beat Chelsea, even if The Chosen One is no longer there.

Eeek. Was hoping CP so as to make last week not so bad lolol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom