2020 Draft and Free agent Pass Rusher discussion thread (1 Viewer)

Jordan and Davenport were both top 10 in pressure rate last year (at least 250 rushes). Quinn was first with a 7.13 3-cone.

So maybe just below 7.3 is enough.
If you're 6'6 270 with 35" arms and run a 4.6 then perhaps that compensates.

All this BS talk about trading up for Joe Burrow. If we were to trade up, Oklahoma’s LB Kenneth Murray would be the guy I would move up for in a heartbeat. Adding him with DeMario Davis would make our LB core really, really good. After Kenneth Murray and Isaiah Simmons the linebacker prospects take a HUGE nose dive. If he were to fall to the late teens I would see what it took to go up and get him

I wouldn’t be shocked if we sign LB Joe Schobert instead. Corey Littleton is a good LB to look at as well. I wouldn’t mind if we brought in a decent corner in free agency as well. They have a ton of decent safeties as well as corners in free agency.

My dream mock:

18. OU LB Kenneth Murray (trade 24 & 88, I would be willing to forgo our 3rd rounder if we could move up a few picks to get the heat seeking missile Murray)

4th: Miami WR Jeff Thomas (a speedster like Phillip Dorset that supposedly coach liked)

5th: La Tech CB L’Jarius Sneed (an in state corner to challenge for a spot)

6th: Edward Waters TE Mathew Wilkerson (never heard of that school, so I threw in the 6’6” 270 lb TE that played both ways at DE as well ?)
Just an eye test thing for me, but, Murray seems lost on most pass coverage details. Hard hitting, yes.

I like Queen a bunch better. Not as hard a hitter but the kid looks like a better 3- down guy with a sense for where the play is going. No need to trade up as Murray is falling on almost every mock I've seen.

You may know better and I'll tip my hat to you if you end up being right.

Jordan and Davenport were both top 10 in pressure rate last year (at least 250 rushes). Quinn was first with a 7.13 3-cone.

So maybe just below 7.3 is enough.
Sub 7.3 is cool. It just seems that the sub 7 guys are almost a sure thing. Their change of direction skills, in pursuit are pretty elite. I mean, Cam is an absolute monster

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom