2020 Free agent & Draft Wide Receiver thread. (2 Viewers)

His vertical is definitely reminiscent of other combine freak safeties like Gerald Sensabaugh, Ledarius Webb and Brian Jones in recent years.

But his 6'2 212lb frame, 4.48 40 and 33.5" arms might also make for a decent press cornerback as well.

It would be a shame to see all that athletic ability go to waste as a #4 receiver.

More pure athletes like Peoples-Jones should get a shot at multiple positions all over the roster just like Taysom Hill.
I'd never get excited about athletes playing CB until I saw how well they flipped their hips, but then I never taught anyone to drop shuffle-style.

I did love press, though.

Mickey Loomis, is that you?

I wish. That would be my dream job.

This draft is deep at quite a few positions of need and with all of the contracts coming due over the next couple years it would be nice to have some young replacements on rookie deals ready to take over.

Kendall Hinton- QB/WR Was a QB , changed over to WR.

After we doubled down on Wake Forest players with Vaughn and Arnoux, I'm scared of drafting anyone from Wake Forest just because I/we kept expecting them to eventually crack the 53 and never did (even though they were only with us for 2 years, it felt like forever). Good thing we hit on Jenkins and Morstead with our other two picks that year or it'd have been the worst draft in Payton's history.

ESPN is predicting us to sign Randall Cobb in FA - for whatever the hell that's worth.

After we doubled down on Wake Forest players with Vaughn and Arnoux, I'm scared of drafting anyone from Wake Forest just because I/we kept expecting them to eventually crack the 53 and never did (even though they were only with us for 2 years, it felt like forever). Good thing we hit on Jenkins and Morstead with our other two picks that year or it'd have been the worst draft in Payton's history.
I've been wary of Wake Forest players ever since Aaron Curry was selected 4th overall to the Seahawks in the 2009 Draft, and was out of the league 4 years later.

Supposedly the "Safest" Linebacker pick ever.. he was supposed to be Bust-proof because of how technically sound he was in College, and ended up being a super disappointment.

I know you are not supposed to scout the Helmet but who is the last successful Pro player from Wake? Probably Buffalo Bills, Nickel Back Kevin Johnson?

I've been wary of Wake Forest players ever since Aaron Curry was selected 4th overall to the Seahawks in the 2009 Draft, and was out of the league 4 years later.

Supposedly the "Safest" Linebacker pick ever.. he was supposed to be Bust-proof because of how technically sound he was in College, and ended up being a super disappointment.

I know you are not supposed to scout the Helmet but who is the last successful Pro player from Wake? Probably Buffalo Bills, Nickel Back Kevin Johnson?

Jesse Bates for the Bengals is pretty good, but they don't seem to produce players who go on to successful NFL careers.

God, the hype around Curry was just out of this world. Funny enough, that's the same draft that we took Vaughn and Arnoux.

Smaller school WR's.

Earnest Edwards - 24.7 KR avg. over 2000 yds.

Chris Blair

Shane Zylstra

Nathan Stewart

Pro Days have started. At Jacksonville Pro Day.

Josh Pearson - Pearson measured 6-foot-3.5 inches and 203 pounds. His vertical jump was an impressive 41.5 inches with a broad jump of 10-feet-8 inches. Pearson timed 4.44 seconds in the forty, much faster than the 4.60-second receiver that scouts estimated Pearson to be coming into the season. He later posted a short shuttle time of 4.18 seconds and a three-cone mark of 7.22 second

One of my favorite slot guys Maurice French with a 96 yd TD.

The best thing about Perriman is his experience and even physical skillset is superior to every receiver in this draft, even Jeudy.

I would say that he is a better option than picking a wr in rd 1 or 2.

I would rather go defense or oline in 1-2

Perriman's skills are superior right now to any wr in this draft, even Jeudy and Lamb.

My preference would be to sign Perriman and draft a guy like Bryan Edwards in rd 3 who can play slot or outside right away in a dominant fashion.
What? Where is all this “Perriman is the greatest” talk coming from? He’s superior to every WR in this draft? He’s the same in talent as Amari Cooper? What?

Are we talking about the same Breshad Perriman that has had 5 or 6 good games in 4 seasons? The guys who had less than 1k total yards and 5 TD’s his first three?

I get that he made strides toward the end of last season, but it seems foolish to crown the dude after a few good games and make such outlandish claims. If you want to say he has great potential and can maybe work his way toward the careers of some better and more proven players, that’s cool.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom