2020 Free agent & Draft Wide Receiver thread. (3 Viewers)

I think if Jefferson isnt there at 24 we go defense with the first pick and get two later in the draft.
I still don't understand the reasoning of taking Jefferson over bigger more athletic wrs like Claypool, Mims, Edwards, Hodgins, or Pittman jr when it is so well established that Brees does best with bigger guys like MT, Colston, and even Keith Kirkwood recently because of his height.

Rumor has it that Tee Higgins' poor pro day may have been the cause of the Diggs trade.

Acceleration (10 yd split ) discussion time

Top 10 yd splits for wrs

Ruggs. 1.43
Lamb. 1.46
KJ Osborn. 1.47
Jeudy. 1.48
Kendrick Rodgers. 1.48
John Hightower. 1.49

Osborn hasn't been mentioned yet but Rodgers had a famous game vs LSU but a lackluster career.

So here is Osborn.

And Rodgers

Last edited:
Acceleration (10 yd split ) discussion time

Top 10 yd splits for wrs

Ruggs. 1.43
Lamb. 1.46
KJ Osborn. 1.47
Jeudy. 1.48
Kendrick Rodgers. 1.48

Osborn hasn't been mentioned yet but Rodgers had a famous game vs LSU but a lackluster career.

So here is Osborn.

And Rodgers

I like Osborn a lot. Watched all his games down here this year. UM’s offense and QB situation was a disaster but he still found ways to make plays.

I like Osborn a lot. Watched all his games down here this year. UM’s offense and QB situation was a disaster but he still found ways to make plays.
He definitely seemed to do much better with buffalo the year before with basically the same amount of catches.

Tee Higgins had the worst 10 yd split

And his 3 cone was disqualified

Attachments

• ES8AUqUXQAcJtBL.jpeg
    ES8AUqUXQAcJtBL.jpeg
    231.2 KB · Views: 1
Screenshot_2020-03-20-19-12-34(1).png

Chase Claypool had a faster 10 yd split than Calvin Johnson.

Tee Higgins had the worst 10 yd split

And his 3 cone was disqualified

Yeah, he’s the one WR I really don’t want early.

Of all the measurements, 10-yd split may be the one I pay the most attention to and I hadn’t been able to find it anywhere. Thanks for posting.

Only 4 wrs at the combine posted a sub-7.00 3 cone

Denzel Mims. 6.66
J'Jwuan Johnson. 6.94
Aaron Parker. 6.94
Michael Pittman Jr. 6.96

For Comparisons sake

Marques Colston had a 6.94 3 cone (1.59 10 yard dash)
Michael Thomas had a. 6.80 3 cone.
(1.52 10 yard dash)

Last edited:
New Mock from Lance Zuerlein has the Saints taking Denzel Mims and Pack taking Jalen Reagor in rd 1.

Personally, I still slightly prefer Claypool over Mims because of redzone ability.

Claypool will be a nightmare there.

Mims probably compares the best to MT in the 3 cone and 10 yard Dash.

(Claypool DNP in the 3 cone)

Mims-----6.66 3 cone, 1.51 10 yd dash
MT--------6.80 3 cone, 1.52. 10 yd dash

should be available in 5th:

speed in the first, Albert O as TE in the middle then PJ Walker from XFL for backup QB

gotta get something to take the top off and make em think Drew can still get it deep.

Kid from Liberty is probably 3rd or 4th, so if we don't go speed WR in first then we are just accumulating a bunch of pawns and no weapons..Gotta pretty much think late choices and only 5 bullets total for lots of need on the cheap.

Mayock use to say it best, the NFL combine is for confirmation, not evaluation. Athletic testing numbers shouldn’t be served as the basis for validation of a player’s talent. Ultimately, these are football players not track and field competitors.

Mayock use to say it best, the NFL combine is for confirmation, not evaluation. Athletic testing numbers shouldn’t be served as the basis for validation of a player’s talent. Ultimately, these are football players not track and field competitors.

Absolutely agree with that for scouts, coaches and execs.

For non-NFL people like all of us, I think it can make you look a little closer at a player who may have flown under the radar.

Mack has been mentioned once in this thread I believe.

The problem with these Claypool videos are

1) you really have to watch them all the way to the end to see what the hype is about because they start off slow. ND only seemed to get him involved late in games for whatever reason.

2) you really can't get a true picture of his talent at times because their qb is fighting heavy pressure from the oline at times. Similar to the same mistake I made in assessing AJ Brown last year because of the poor play of Jordan Tiamu.

Against UGA i saw a pretty nifty TD where he shielded a defender off entirely on a comeback with his huge frame.

He also had a nice back shoulder catch that I saw.

3) They are playing corners 5-10 yards over the top some plays to make sure he doesn't get deep.

Just my 2 cent observations.

After this strong week of practice if he runs in the 4.45-4.5 range at the combine people could be talking about him as another Mike Evans because he isnt as bulky and runs much better routes than say a Kelvin Benjamin.

At the very least I can definitely see him developing into another Marques Colston.

His 13 TDs last year was more than Mike Evans had his final year at A & M
Hm. Good call.

KJ Hill is a guy that deserves more love. I’ve watched him since he was in high school, so I admittedly have my biases. Being that he’s an Ohio State guy, I imagine SP has seen plenty and done his homework. All time leader in receptions at OSU, which is wacky.

Zierlien is inconsistent, but he did well in pointing out that he was ascending as a short to intermediate dynamo early in his career as a sophomore, until they went to a more spread out, downfield approach offensively with Haskins & then Fields. Hill remained involved but his stat line was never indicative of his best utility. He’s probably going to go day 3 with the talent in this class, and I see him being a quality, dependable option.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom