2020 Free agent & Draft Wide Receiver thread. (1 Viewer)

NOFALCONS10

Not a part of your system
Reaction score
Im compiling a list of potential #2 Wrs for the coming free agency period after washouts like Cameron Meridith, TreQuan Smith, Dez Bryant, Ted Ginn jr, Keith KirkWood, and Emmanuel Butler haven't yet successfully filled the position.

Im of the opinion that the Saints are one or two great players away and need to go all in on a couple of superstars this offseason.

#2 wr has been the biggest hole on the team besides cornerback depth and that needs to change so without further ado the top two names on my Free agent list are:

1) Amari Cooper
2) Breshard Perriman

top likely to be available 2020 draft options:

1)Chase Claypool, Notre Dame
2)Denzel Mims, Baylor
3)Leviska Shenault, Colorado
3b) Jalen Reagor, TCU
4)Bryan Edwards, South Carolina
5)Justin Jefferson, LSU
5B) Michael Pittman JR.
5C)Isaiah Hodgins

Updated rankings 3/14/20

Last edited:
Amari Cooper is going to be very expensive, but I think if the Saints intend to keep Brees and let Bridgewater walk, they have to get some serious weapons on offense. Cooper would help a lot. A 41 year old Brees and the same offense will give us the same result next year.

Amari Cooper is going to be very expensive, but I think if the Saints intend to keep Brees and let Bridgewater walk, they have to get some serious weapons on offense. Cooper would help a lot. A 41 year old Brees and the same offense will give us the same result next year.
Check out the finish that Breshad Perriman had.

He is very likely to be a cheaper alternative if we miss out on the Cooper Sweepstakes.

No way anyone will tag Perriman.

They're not letting Cooper get out.
They still need to Re-sign Prescott and Cooper expressed displeasure in their scheme last year.

It's not entirely out of the realm of possibility that he walks.

Im usually all for drafting receivers but this year I think that the team should break the bank for a vet and no one would look better besides CGM than Cooper.

They're not letting Cooper get out.
There's a chance he could slip away because of Dak's impending mega contract he's going to fight for this off-season, combined with the fact they already overpaid Demarcus Lawrence, and Ezekiel Elliot.

Regardless Amari is not the guy I'd want to go after, he seems soft going up against Stephon Gilmore, and Marshon Lattimore they both got in his head and he did nothing against them.. and has been shut down in road games, he only seems to put up monster games in the comfort of Jerry World.

To me the top targets in this Free Agent class would be Breshad Perriman, Randall Cobb, Robby Anderson.

Older guys who will probably be overpaid: AJ Green, Emmanuel Sanders.

Mid tier; more affordable options: Danny Amendola, Travis Benjamin, Jarius Wright, Cody Latimer.

I'm fine going with the more affordable, lower - mid tier options like an Amendola, Wright, or Latimer... because this WR class is loaded in the Draft, some of the best receiving talent in years. Also considering the Saints cap situation.. it's tight.

They still need to Re-sign Prescott and Cooper expressed displeasure in their scheme last year.

It's not entirely out of the realm of possibility that he walks.

Im usually all for drafting receivers but this year I think that the team should break the bank for a vet and no one would look better besides CGM than Cooper.
True but you know Jerry wants to replicate the triplets from the 90s. He's their best receiver.

Last edited:
Amari Cooper, if he leaves Dallas isn’t coming here to be a 2nd or 3rd option and I can’t see us paying him the money he’ll want to be a #2 WR.

Sadly this is a bad year for FA WR’s. I would like to see us go after Robby Anderson.

Sadly this is a bad year for FA WR’s. I would like to see us go after Robby Anderson.
Good thing it's an amazing year in the Draft for WRs.

Seriously; Jeudy, Lamb, Ruggs, Shenault, Higgins, Jefferson, Aiyuk, Reagor.... and more

This is the best class for WRs since 2014... guys don't freak out of the Saints don't land a big time Receiver in Free agency the plan might be the Draft...

Trrue but you know Jerry wants to replicate the triplets from the 90s. He's there best receiver.
If he isnt tagged then he is fair game.

We will see what happens but Perriman isn't a bad consolation prize given our need for a game-breaker opposite MT

If he isnt tagged then he is fair game.

We will see what happens but Perriman isn't a bad consolation prize given our need for a game-breaker opposite MT
I personally think Perriman is the best target if you are to go after a Free agent in this class, he is fairly complete from a measurable standpoint; and looks like he is finally rounding into his own as a player in the league with his finish down the stretch.

Wonder how much resources Tampa can actually afford to use to retain him considering they already have Evans, and Godwin? Going from the #3 guy in Tampa to the #2 lining up opposite Mike Thomas seems like a pretty good deal; if the Saints can fit him under the cap...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom