2020 Free agent & Draft Wide Receiver thread. (4 Viewers)

That was my reaction when I saw Austin Carr made the roster back in late August.

and yes while very unspectacular I'd rather sign an Amendola to a cheap contract, than bust the bank for 30+ year old guys like an AJ Green who have health concerns. Because that just means the Saints will be turning to the Draft to address their WR2 issues most likely.

Good thing it's an amazing year in the Draft for WRs.

Seriously; Jeudy, Lamb, Ruggs, Shenault, Higgins, Jefferson, Aiyuk, Reagor.... and more

This is the best class for WRs since 2014... guys don't freak out of the Saints don't land a big time Receiver in Free agency the plan might be the Draft...
Last year had a few good ones but Ireland seems unlikely to draft a WR in round one or two.

DK Metcalf
AJ Brown
Deebo Samuel
Marquise Hollywood Brown
Darius Slayton

All had good years.

The big receiver in 2nd rd trend continues to be the best value at wr in the draft following players like CGM and Allen Robinson.

I still can't believe they passed on Metcalf

Because of the thin veteran FA WR class, I get the feeling Perriman will get well above his market value.
Hopefully from us but mostly incentive-laden.

It's hard to see a team giving him much guaranteed money outside of a signing bonus and who wouldn't want to play with Brees, Payton and CGM.

Perriman's career so far has taken a similar path as past receivers like Joe Horn and Jimmy Smith of the Jaguars.

He is a rising star that just might fit.

Last edited:
Realistic Draft Options at WR between late round 1 and mid round 2

Include:

CeeDee Lamb
Tee Higgins
Sage Surat

Lamb's suddeness and lateral agility has drawn comparisons to Deandre Hopkins and Higgins has Rivaled the careers of both Hopkins, Mike Williams and Watkins at Clemson.

Sage Suratt reminds me of DeeBo Samuel and JJ Arcega-Whiteside. If a free agent like Perriman can take over at split end Emmanuel Butler can challenge there then Suratt would be a great big slot option

Lamb will go top 15 for sure, either to the Jets, or Raiders most likely. Him and Jeudy will be the first two receivers off the board.

I think Shenault or Ruggs go 3rd, 4th but one could possibly make it to 24... if teams make a run on Defense and OL picks.

Realistically I think Higgins, Justin Jefferson, Reagor will be the most 'realistic' options at 24.

Out of those guys I love Jefferson (and I'm not even a huge LSU guy) just love his fit for the Saints Offense. If the Saints don't like any of those players on their own personal board it's probably off to Round 3 where they can find a guy like Brandon Aiyuk from Arizona St. or Tyler Johnson out of Minnesota.

Good thing it's an amazing year in the Draft for WRs.

Seriously; Jeudy, Lamb, Ruggs, Shenault, Higgins, Jefferson, Aiyuk, Reagor.... and more

This is the best class for WRs since 2014... guys don't freak out of the Saints don't land a big time Receiver in Free agency the plan might be the Draft...

We need 2 receivers. A star in free agency and then draft one in the first round. We have to improve the offense. We need a proven wr along with promising rookie.

I think Nelson Agholor is a cheap potential steal.
I'm from the Philly area and I'll disagree.

He's about as disliked by Eagles fans as Ginn is here, and would give you the same problems. He dropped at least 3 potential game winning Touchdowns for them this season; doesn't make any extra effort to go after 'difficult' catches, and just has serious issues with his hands/catching consistency.

Plus he was injured, unavailable for them down the stretch when they needed receiving targets desperately during their playoff run.

Lamb will go top 15 for sure, either to the Jets, or Raiders most likely. Him and Jeudy will be the first two receivers off the board.

I think Shenault or Ruggs go 3rd, 4th but one could possibly make it to 24... if teams make a run on Defense and OL picks.

Realistically I think Higgins, Justin Jefferson, Reagor will be the most 'realistic' options at 24.

Out of those guys I love Jefferson (and I'm not even a huge LSU guy) just love his fit for the Saints Offense. If the Saints don't like any of those players on their own personal board it's probably off to Round 3 where they can find a guy like Brandon Aiyuk from Arizona St. or Tyler Johnson out of Minnesota.

I like Tee Higgins there at 24.

He has the length and smooth hips to play outside or inside whereas Jefferson strikes me as more of a slot guy like ex-dominant LSU legend Josh Reed.

I don't think there is much of a difference between Perriman and Cooper and I don't think there is much of a drop off from Lamb to Higgins.

Last edited:
We need 2 receivers. A star in free agency and then draft one in the first round. We have to improve the offense. We need a proven wr along with promising rookie.
That would be a dream come true.

I would take Perriman and Higgins in a heartbeat and would even support a trade up for Lamb.

Jalen Reagor has a lot of Marquise Brown/TY Hilton/John Ross/desean Jackson about him.

He might run as Fast as Ruggs and Jeudy.

Justin jefferson is my pick. I really want Chase when he comes out. Draft jefferson this year and try to get Chase when he comes out. Probably not realistic,but i can dream. I wouldn't mind higgins.

2 receivers minimum. It has been embarrassing how SP refused to improve that position the past two years. Just embarrassing and stupid

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom