2020 LSU off-season thread (2 Viewers)

MLU

Please respect my decision!
Reaction score
And after Brady leaves, five LSU players follow up announcing they're leaving as well:
Grant Delpit
Patrick Queen
Lloyd Cushenberry
Jacob Phillips
Justin Jefferson

Jacoby Stevens has announced that he will remain.

Still waiting to hear from CEH, Thad Moss, Saddiq Charles, Glenn Logan. After losing Joe Burrow, the most difficult person to replace will be Cushenberry, IMO. There is no true center on the roster or this recruiting class right now. They either need to hit the portal, JUCO and/or sign Sedrick Van Pran.

bonnjer

Let the Wins Count begin!
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
sheet.

I guess they figure it won't get better than this next season, so their stock is the highest it will be?

bclemms

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
Surprised with Queen being on the list but he had a game of games in the NCG. I think he is a great prospect but not sure the scouts are as high on him as I am.

OP
MLU

MLU

Reaction score
Surprised with Queen being on the list but he had a game of games in the NCG. I think he is a great prospect but not sure the scouts are as high on him as I am.
They will be when he runs like Debo. I don't think he has the same instincts, but I wouldn't mind the Saints taking him in the mid-rounds. He's the kind of athletic, sideline-to-sideline LBer that can stay healthy a full season. He should definitely stay because he could make a huge jump in draft status with another year leading LSUs defense, but you can be made for a guy wanting to be paid.

OP
MLU

MLU

Reaction score
Also, Dave Aranda has been mentioned for the Baylor and Hawaii jobs.

BIG E

SR is my life!
Reaction score
The 3 D-Line are staying.
I think Queen and Phillips are making a mistake. I also think Charles should have returned to prove he can stay healthy for a year.

bclemms

Reaction score
Also, Dave Aranda has been mentioned for the Baylor and Hawaii jobs.
No way Aranda takes the Hawaii job but Baylor is a nice stepping stone place. I'm not sure he wants to be a college HC though. I think his calling card is ultimately in the NFL. That would be the biggest loss of everyone so hopefully he stays.

bclemms

Reaction score
I was just thinking yesterday morning how dominant we could be on the defensive side of the ball next year. I firmly believe Chaisson adds another 25lbs and looks like Chase Young next season. The dline and secondaries should be absurdly good. Queen was about to have a Devin White kind of year and Phillips is the perfect piece next to him. It will be tough to replace those two. Two silver linings at LB. It is one of those positions where a lot of really good college players and experience exists without a big drop off. Really need to find one in the portal or Juco that can come in. The second is Aranda is creative and can mix up defenses and move an extra safety or corner in against teams running the spread (which we will see a lot of) and the dline is plenty stout to handle the run without a lot of help. It will make the games against Florida, Bama and Auburn more difficult and when we play UGA in SEC championship it will test the LBs.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Walker: No fans, silent Superdome for Saints opener another reminder of weird 2020 season ahead Saints RSS News Feeds 0
insidejob Opinion Top 33 Quarterbacks for 2020 NFL Season Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 10
3 big questions to consider as Saints prepare for 2020 season and beyond Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Poll: If You Were an NFL Player, Would You Opt-Out for 2020 Season? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 43
Andrus Why Saints' Marcus Davenport will have a T.J. Watt-type edge rusher breakout season in 2020 SR News Page Articles 0
Fleur-de-Links, August 6: Sean Payton speaks on coaches opting out of the 2020 season Saints RSS News Feeds 0
NFL needs to create a bubble plan for 2020 season Saints RSS News Feeds 0
New Orleans Pelicans Weekly Show - August 13, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus Marcus Davenport on Cam Jordan Motivation | Saints Training Camp 2020 SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus Marcus Williams on Saints DBs, Jared Cook | Saints Training Camp 2020 SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus Jared Cook on Year 2 w/ Drew Brees at 2020 Saints Training Camp SR News Page Articles 0
Rex Chapman on the New Orleans Pelicans podcast presented by SeatGeek - August 13, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Falcons ready to underwhelm again in 2020 Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Five things to know about the Pelicans on Aug. 13, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Pelicans News Around the Web (8-13-2020) Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
The Saints defense wants to be top five in 2020 and why it can be Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints officially announce Week 1 2020 home opener will be played without fans Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Alvin Kamara reveals 2019 injury and new offseason approach to prepare for 2020 Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Pelicans News Around the Web (8-12-2020) Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Saint Jack N/S Hard Knocks 2020 On HBO Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 7
Five things to know about the Pelicans on Aug. 11, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Pelicans News Around the Web (8-11-2020) Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
New Orleans Saints Post-cutdown 2020 53-man roster projection Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus Top 25 Saints of 2020: No. 7, Terron Armstead SR News Page Articles 0
Swin Cash & Caron Butler on the New Orleans Pelicans podcast presented by SeatGeek - August 10, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Five things to know about the Pelicans on Aug. 10, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Complex Kid The Ringer: Could 2020 Be the End of the Saints’ High-Wire Act? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 1
Pelicans News Around the Web (8-10-2020) Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Five things to know about the Pelicans on Aug. 9, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus Marcus Davenport's goal for 2020? Outplay Cameron Jordan SR News Page Articles 0
ktmoze Projecting the Tight Ends to make the Saints 53-Man Roster in 2020 Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 4
Five things to know about the Pelicans on Aug. 7, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus Inside Look: Saints Media Day 2020 SR News Page Articles 0
New Orleans Pelicans Weekly Show - August 6, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Five things to know about the Pelicans on Aug. 6, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus Top 2020 training camp battles for Saints: Backup quarterback, receiver and tight end all question marks SR News Page Articles 0
Transcript: Pelicans forward Nicolò Melli media availability - August 5, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Transcript: Pelicans guard Lonzo Ball media availability - August 5, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Transcript: Pelicans head coach Alvin Gentry media availability - August 5, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Five things to know about the Pelicans on Aug. 5, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Pelicans News Around the Web (8-5-2020) Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus 2020 NFL Team Preview Series: New Orleans Saints SR News Page Articles 0
Five things to know about the Pelicans on Aug. 4, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Pelicans News Around the Web (8-4-2020) Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus 2020 NFL Preview: Saints are back but a lot depends on Drew Brees, on and off the field SR News Page Articles 0
Eric Hasseltine on the New Orleans Pelicans podcast presented by SeatGeek - August 3, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Five things to know about the Pelicans on Aug. 3, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Pelicans News Around the Web (8-1-2020) Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Transcript: Pelicans head coach Alvin Gentry media availability - August 2, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Transcript: Pelicans forward Zion Williamson media availability - August 2, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0