2020 LSU off-season thread (2 Viewers)

MLU

Please respect my decision!
Reaction score
And after Brady leaves, five LSU players follow up announcing they're leaving as well:
Grant Delpit
Patrick Queen
Lloyd Cushenberry
Jacob Phillips
Justin Jefferson

Jacoby Stevens has announced that he will remain.

Still waiting to hear from CEH, Thad Moss, Saddiq Charles, Glenn Logan. After losing Joe Burrow, the most difficult person to replace will be Cushenberry, IMO. There is no true center on the roster or this recruiting class right now. They either need to hit the portal, JUCO and/or sign Sedrick Van Pran.

bonnjer

Let the Wins Count begin!
VIP Contributor
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
sheet.

I guess they figure it won't get better than this next season, so their stock is the highest it will be?

bclemms

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
Surprised with Queen being on the list but he had a game of games in the NCG. I think he is a great prospect but not sure the scouts are as high on him as I am.

OP
MLU

MLU

Reaction score
Surprised with Queen being on the list but he had a game of games in the NCG. I think he is a great prospect but not sure the scouts are as high on him as I am.
They will be when he runs like Debo. I don't think he has the same instincts, but I wouldn't mind the Saints taking him in the mid-rounds. He's the kind of athletic, sideline-to-sideline LBer that can stay healthy a full season. He should definitely stay because he could make a huge jump in draft status with another year leading LSUs defense, but you can be made for a guy wanting to be paid.

OP
MLU

MLU

Reaction score
Also, Dave Aranda has been mentioned for the Baylor and Hawaii jobs.

BIG E

SR is my life!
Reaction score
The 3 D-Line are staying.
I think Queen and Phillips are making a mistake. I also think Charles should have returned to prove he can stay healthy for a year.

bclemms

Reaction score
Also, Dave Aranda has been mentioned for the Baylor and Hawaii jobs.
No way Aranda takes the Hawaii job but Baylor is a nice stepping stone place. I'm not sure he wants to be a college HC though. I think his calling card is ultimately in the NFL. That would be the biggest loss of everyone so hopefully he stays.

bonnjer

Let the Wins Count begin!
VIP Contributor
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Dear Lord, make it stop.

bclemms

Reaction score
I was just thinking yesterday morning how dominant we could be on the defensive side of the ball next year. I firmly believe Chaisson adds another 25lbs and looks like Chase Young next season. The dline and secondaries should be absurdly good. Queen was about to have a Devin White kind of year and Phillips is the perfect piece next to him. It will be tough to replace those two. Two silver linings at LB. It is one of those positions where a lot of really good college players and experience exists without a big drop off. Really need to find one in the portal or Juco that can come in. The second is Aranda is creative and can mix up defenses and move an extra safety or corner in against teams running the spread (which we will see a lot of) and the dline is plenty stout to handle the run without a lot of help. It will make the games against Florida, Bama and Auburn more difficult and when we play UGA in SEC championship it will test the LBs.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
3 Saints players whose 2020 season will be a make-or-break campaign Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Fleur-de-Links, May 29: Former Saint signs with division rival and plans for Superdome capacity in 2020 season Saints RSS News Feeds 0
superchuck500 2020 Hurricane Season is upon us Everything Else Board 20
Saints have 3rd-best chance for Super Bowl win in 2020 season, ESPN says; see win projection, more Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Unveiling our projections for the 2020 NFL season: Wins, Super Bowl chances, more Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Pelicans News Around the Web (6-6-2020) Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus Worse, Better, or the Same, 2020 New Orleans Saints Defense SR News Page Articles 0
Broadcaster round table on the New Orleans Pelicans podcast presented by SeatGeek - June 5, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Pelicans News Around the Web (6-5-2020) Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
SaintLuke COUNTDOWN 2020 Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 7
Pelicans News Around the Web (6-4-2020) Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Pelicans News Around the Web (6-3-2020) Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Pelicans News Around the Web (6-2-2020) Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Pelicans News Around the Web (6-1-2020) Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus Deonte Harris hoping to help his team even more in 2020 SR News Page Articles 0
Pelicans News Around the Web (5-31-2020) Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Pelicans News Around the Web (5-30-2020) Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Pelicans News Around the Web (5-29-2020) Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
DerrickB Poll If the Saints fail to get to the Super Bowl in 2020, what should the next plan of action be? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 53
ndcc Saints Dennis Allen: Where can Saints defense improve in 2020? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 28
NFL announces new playing rules and bylaws for 2020 Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Numbskull 2020 Saints Tickets for Sale. 4 seats together. Section 618 Row 34 Ticket Exchange 0
David West and Derrick Favors on the New Orleans Pelicans podcast presented by SeatGeek - May 28, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Pelicans News Around the Web (5-28-2020) Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Dan in Lafayette Saints announce dates, times for 2020 preseason schedule SR News Page Articles 0
Pelicans News Around the Web (5-27-2020) Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Dan in Lafayette This Saints Player is a Surprise Breakout Candidate for 2020 SR News Page Articles 0
Pelicans News Around the Web (5-26-2020) Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Dan in Lafayette ESPN's Bill Barnwell ranks Saints with a top-10 2020 NFL offseason SR News Page Articles 0
Dan in Lafayette NFC South Report: Can the Falcons dethrone the Saints in 2020? SR News Page Articles 0
NBA Board of Governors approves competitive format to restart 2019-20 season with 22 teams returning to play Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
NBA playoffs, NFL regular season will intersect Saints RSS News Feeds 0
How the pandemic affects season ticket holders Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus Saints Games May Have a Radically Different Feel This Season SR News Page Articles 0
HouseCall Saints Who here decided not renew season tickets this year or waited to the very last moment to renew? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 38
El Caliente What thread does this go in? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 9
ndcc Separate thread on the HOT topic with Drew's comments on flag & national anthem Everything Else Board 8
Tony1Saintfan N/S Just a question. Can we post any Bob Menery stuff on any thread on here? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 9