2020 LSU off-season thread (1 Viewer)

Sooo... I saw the name Bo Pellini being mentioned on the internet over the weekend, but didn't think much of it because, well... the internet. However, 247 has an article out now, so maybe this has some legs?

He's a definite change from Aranda. Where Aranda was the professor, Pellini is the brawler. Aranda is the quiet one and Pellini is the screamer. Aranda was the more thoughtful, deliberate schemer and Pellini just attacks, attacks, attacks. I can't think of two DCs who are more polar opposites.

Sooo... I saw the name Bo Pellini being mentioned on the internet over the weekend, but didn't think much of it because, well... the internet. However, 247 has an article out now, so maybe this has some legs?

He's a definite change from Aranda. Where Aranda was the professor, Pellini is the brawler. Aranda is the quiet one and Pellini is the screamer. Aranda was the more thoughtful, deliberate schemer and Pellini just attacks, attacks, attacks. I can't think of two DCs who are more polar opposites.
Would be a really risky hire. He hasn't exactly had a lot of success of late. I guess beggers can't be choosers looking for a DC when knocking on February's door.

I'll always love the LSU football program. But I think it's safe to say that any real success from the Tigers in 2020 will simply be lagniappe.
It's going to take some significant rebuild to get back in the playoff mix once again. And these new hires are critical and are going to make the difference in whether the ball gets rolling quickly or if we'll just see a revolving door of inadequate wannabe assistants.

But since the Bengals are also 'Tigers', it will still be fun to have them to watch as Burreaux starts his life as a pro QB. I hope he can make a difference there.

I'll always love the LSU football program. But I think it's safe to say that any real success from the Tigers in 2020 will simply be lagniappe.
It's going to take some significant rebuild to get back in the playoff mix once again. And these new hires are critical and are going to make the difference in whether the ball gets rolling quickly or if we'll just see a revolving door of inadequate wannabe assistants.

But since the Bengals are also 'Tigers', it will still be fun to have them to watch as Burreaux starts his life as a pro QB. I hope he can make a difference there.
I think LSU walks into the 2020 season with a loaded roster. Chase and Marshall will be the best WR duo in the NCAA. They have 3 highly regarded RB's, a solid offensive line, the best secondary in the NCAA, a high quality defensive line that is also deep and a TE coming in that will be electric as a Freshman. We have question marks at LB, pass rusher and QB.

This time last season we had question marks at offensive line, defensive line, RB and QB. We all saw the flashes from Burrow but we didn't know if he would take the next step. Brady wasn't some sort of offensive god and we had questions about the new offense. We thought RB was going to be a weakness and our WR's as a whole had major questions on whether or not they could actually catch the ball. All this around an offensive line that got abused the season prior.

I think LSU walks into the 2020 season with a loaded roster. Chase and Marshall will be the best WR duo in the NCAA. They have 3 highly regarded RB's, a solid offensive line, the best secondary in the NCAA, a high quality defensive line that is also deep and a TE coming in that will be electric as a Freshman. We have question marks at LB, pass rusher and QB.

This time last season we had question marks at offensive line, defensive line, RB and QB. We all saw the flashes from Burrow but we didn't know if he would take the next step. Brady wasn't some sort of offensive god and we had questions about the new offense. We thought RB was going to be a weakness and our WR's as a whole had major questions on whether or not they could actually catch the ball. All this around an offensive line that got abused the season prior.
I'll be very happy if all those unknown pieces come together like we saw last year. But I certainly won't come to expect it just because we had so much success this year. My life has never enjoyed two seasons of such greatness in a row. I may have to die if it does. :scratch:

I'll be very happy if all those unknown pieces come together like we saw last year. But I certainly won't come to expect it just because we had so much success this year. My life has never enjoyed two seasons of such greatness in a row. I may have to die if it does. :scratch:
Well yeah, I'm not saying they will all come together and I don't think we'll ever see another team like that. To be quite honest though, we didn't need EVERYTHING to come together last year to win a championship. We could have had some weaknesses and still won a championship because we were just that much better than everyone else. I think we'll be good next season and we'll be competing with Bama as usual.

Well yeah, I'm not saying they will all come together and I don't think we'll ever see another team like that. To be quite honest though, we didn't need EVERYTHING to come together last year to win a championship. We could have had some weaknesses and still won a championship because we were just that much better than everyone else. I think we'll be good next season and we'll be competing with Bama as usual.
Two wins in a row against Bama may be more excitement than I could stand in one lifetime.
But I'll just have to take that chance and hope that my old ticker can handle it! :hihi:

LSU fans have to understand we will never reach a mountain this high again....ever. Everything came together for a magical run, which happened to include a National title and Heisman winner. It's really a storybook/movie type of deal. This stuff can't happen in real life. The stats, awards, records, wins against THAT schedule??? C'mon man! That's straight up fiction.

Enjoy it. Relish it.

LSU fans have to understand we will never reach a mountain this high again....ever. Everything came together for a magical run, which happened to include a National title and Heisman winner. It's really a storybook/movie type of deal. This stuff can't happen in real life. The stats, awards, records, wins against THAT schedule??? C'mon man! That's straight up fiction.

Enjoy it. Relish it.

its like the 2009 Saints run. 9 defensive TDs, just wasting opponents offensively....magic.

IF you are looking for that to happen again, you will be disappointed. So i say the same...enjoy it. Be happy you witnessed it. Dont expect it.

Enjoy it. Relish it.
I'm not sure we'll even see a schedule like that ever again.

Nevermind
1579643883617.png

I'm not sure we'll even see a schedule like that ever again.

Nevermind
1579643883617.png
So basically they swapped Clemson for Texas & Georgia for Vanderbilt. :covri:
This almost looks cocky to me. :eek:

Predict the Dabo whine, assuming he’s still there.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom