2020 LSU off-season thread (1 Viewer)

Well, if LSU gets 2005-07 Bo Pellini then absolutely.

He didn't do a bad job at Nebraska. In fact, he has been the best Nebraska HC since Tom Osborne. Of course Bo is not Tom Osborne which is a huge negative for Nebraska fans. Bo also has low tolerance for doing stupid booster stuff, which is also a huge negative for Nebraska fans. As long as he avoids audio recording devices, he should be fine. He's done well at Youngstown and seem to be content with the low key job because it's home and people in Ohio appreciate his vulgar, fiery personality. I have heard Mike Detillier say that O prefers a 4-3 defense over the 3-4, which is exactly what you expect to hear from a former D-Line coach. He also mentioned that O and Pelini are good friends, so this also fits in with O saying that any new hires have to be the right "fit" with the current staff. LSU could do a whole lot worse than Pelini as the DC, IMO.

Didnt Nebraska see a resurgence of the old blackshirt defense under Polini?

Didnt Nebraska see a resurgence of the old blackshirt defense under Polini?
I know their defense was good, but I cannot day for certain that Pellini was coaching the defense and/or calling the plays.

TTFWIW

I will just say he has nailed quite a few LSU predictions in the past and even said it would be Bo weeks before it happened.

Why? That move makes zero sense for Lombardi.

sRRbKA.jpg

Kenan Jones, who entered the transfer portal earlier this season just signed w/ Nicholas State.

I had a feeling that's where he would end up. Good kid just needs to get his head straight.

I was reading and Nicholas just signed quite the class. Devonta Jason also transferred there. Originally signed at Miss State, any other year he would have ended up at LSU. Not quite as good as Jamar Chase and Terrace Marshall, though.

Sooo... I'm not sure Scott Linehan is going to be the innovative mind that Brady was for LSU. They're probably going to fall back to Ensminger, the analysts and what Brady left behind. What does Linehan bring to LSU? He brings a QB resume that very few people can boast about:

I'm not sure how he feels about recruiting, though...

Also, pretty sure that Doug Nussmeier was the QB Coach under Linehan with the Rams. One of the top recruits for LSU this season is... QB Garrett Nussmeier. Hopefully that relationship is good.

Sooo... I'm not sure Scott Linehan is going to be the innovative mind that Brady was for LSU. They're probably going to fall back to Ensminger, the analysts and what Brady left behind. What does Linehan bring to LSU? He brings a QB resume that very few people can boast about:

I'm not sure how he feels about recruiting, though...
Well, reading a bit more it seems like he personally is more in tune with receivers?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom