2020 LSU off-season thread (2 Viewers)

Well, I haven't been impressed with what the Cowpokes have done on offense the last few years, but I'm not sure how much of that was due to Garrett or Jones. I guess I just have to trust O on this hire.

Well, I haven't been impressed with what the Cowpokes have done on offense the last few years, but I'm not sure how much of that was due to Garrett or Jones. I guess I just have to trust O on this hire.

FWIW, the Cowboy fans I know blamed the offensive woes on JG and Jerry than Linehan. But they're no fans of Jerry so like I said, fwiw.

Well Linehan is just an Offensive analysts not an OC, so as of now the Offense still belongs to Ensminger.

Linehan will have input and be an extra set of eyes for Ensminger during the game like Brady was, but Ensminger will be calling the plays.

Well Linehan is just an Offensive analysts not an OC, so as of now the Offense still belongs to Ensminger.

Linehan will have input and be an extra set of eyes for Ensminger during the game like Brady was, but Ensminger will be calling the plays.

and one would think he would have a hand in QB development

and one would think he would have a hand in QB development

From what I understand, analysis are not coaches and by NCAA Regs “don’t” or “are not supposed to” work with players in a coaching role. Their job is to watch and analyze film, and do mundane things for coaches to give them more time with the players. So I don’t think Linehan under “Offensive Analysts” will be able to have direct contact with the QB’s.

From what I understand, analysis are not coaches and by NCAA Regs “don’t” or “are not supposed to” work with players in a coaching role. Their job is to watch and analyze film, and do mundane things for coaches to give them more time with the players. So I don’t think Linehan under “Offensive Analysts” will be able to have direct contact with the QB’s.

interesting....did not know that

1) Linehan is the passing game coordinator unless something changes in the past 24 hours. He is definitely a coach and will have direct contact with players.

2) Linehan has been an OC, but he has also been a QB Coach as well as WR Coach. Brady coached WRs and Ensminger coached the QBs, so I am curious to see what role Linehan takes.

3) There is a gray area with the analysts. George Munoz was an offensive analyst, but Burrow credits him with a lot of his success. I haven't read specifically what role he played. I'm sure it was less footwork and more reading defenses.

I think we need to avoid looking at Linehan as a 1:1 replacement for Brady. LSU lost several people (coaches and analysts) who all played specific roles. They have hired several people (coaches and analysts) who will all be learning to work together as well as with the current staff. Perhaps Brady was better with play-calling out of the 5WR alignment than Linehan, but not as adept at some defensive alignments. Maybe one of the analysts spends more time with the red zone that last season. O has mentioned that he is prioritizing fit over everything and I think this comes into play. Last season no one had a clue about Brady. He was young and it was potentially very exciting. This year, LSU has found a guy with a lot of skins on the wall and plenty of marquee names that give him credit for their development. That should be a boom for recruiting, too. If nothing else, CEO has earned the benefit of a doubt with coaching hires.

Tommy Robinson takes the RB Coach job at TAMU.

Kevin Faulk to fill Robinson's position.

This is an odd move, IMO. It's my recollection that O and Robinson have been together for a while. They were tight at SC and Tommy was one of the first people O called when he was named HC along with James Cregg. Now he leaves LSU to take a lateral position after being rumored to take a lateral position at South Carolina?

It does seem odd, but maybe it’ll be a net gain for LSU. Faulk spent how many seasons with the Patriots, observing how Belicheck coaches, how the organization is run and learning from Tom Brady? Some of it had to rub off on him and prepare him for a coaching role.

It does seem odd, but maybe it’ll be a net gain for LSU. Faulk spent how many seasons with the Patriots, observing how Belicheck coaches, how the organization is run and learning from Tom Brady? Some of it had to rub off on him and prepare him for a coaching role.
Faulk had one of the highest football IQ's I've seen at RB. He knows so much about ever aspect of being a RB from blocking schemes and reading LB's to picking up blitzes to catching the ball out the backfield to lining up in the slot. I have no idea what kind of coach he is but I'm confident in him.

Faulk is a great hire. I'm sure there's something going on with Robinson behind the scenes that we don't know about.

Position coaches are really recruiters first, but I imagine that Faulk has more to teach RBs than Robinson. If I am reading between the lines this past recruiting season, it seems like Faulk made a big impression on recruits and parents. Plus, he's Kevin Faulk, one of the best RBs in SEC history, a three time Superbowl champion with the Pats where he had a 13-year career and a guy who can call Brady and Belichick from his personnel phone right now.

He also has the freshest fades in the game...

IMG_20200224_200542.jpg

Faulk is a great hire. I'm sure there's something going on with Robinson behind the scenes that we don't know about.
I think O just wanted Faulk on staff. If Tommy ****ed up, Ed would have fired him. He fired Canada at a time that looked really bad on Orgeron. I think O just did him a solid and did it in a professional way.

With Robinson, you lose a great recruiter for Alabama. LSU has really made inroads into the area after being mostly shut out for a while, especially the Gulfport area that is talent rich. Just gonna need to lean on All-American, Superbowl Champ and SEC Legend, Kevin Faulk to check those fools now.

5bfb040209f6d.image~3.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom