2020 LSU off-season thread (1 Viewer)

I have to admit that under Miles, I didn't know anything beyond HC, OC, and DC....would you be in a position to compare the staff that CEO puts together (down to analysts) and the staff that Miles had?
Did Miles even bring in staff that did nothing but act as analysts?

I have to admit that under Miles, I didn't know anything beyond HC, OC, and DC....would you be in a position to compare the staff that CEO puts together (down to analysts) and the staff that Miles had?
Did Miles even bring in staff that did nothing but act as analysts?
Miles didn't really have many analysts. There were a few here and there like Kragthorpe, but Orgeron has really organized and expanded the program.

When Orgeron first became HC, he added a couple guys. I have read some articles and listened to numerous podcasts and from that information, I feel that Lane Kiffen really gave Orgeron some insight into the Alabama program. Orgeron has taken that information along with what he did at SC and just run with it. You saw in his second year that he started adding not just young, hungry guys, but experienced coordinators, head coaches, etc to the shadow staff. These guys spend time breaking down film, charting habits of opponents, what works, what doesn't work, etc. They observe practices and advise the assistant coaches on what they see. They identify the strengths and weaknesses of opposing players and then use all that information to begin to develop game plans. While they do not provide individual coaching to players, they handle a lot of the details which frees up the assistants to focus on their position rooms, starting with a more advanced perspective than they would be if they had to do all the legwork themselves. It also frees up more time for recruiting, which is the lifeblood of a college football program.

Miles didn't really have many analysts. There were a few here and there like Kragthorpe, but Orgeron has really organized and expanded the program.

When Orgeron first became HC, he added a couple guys. I have read some articles and listened to numerous podcasts and from that information, I feel that Lane Kiffen really gave Orgeron some insight into the Alabama program. Orgeron has taken that information along with what he did at SC and just run with it. You saw in his second year that he started adding not just young, hungry guys, but experienced coordinators, head coaches, etc to the shadow staff. These guys spend time breaking down film, charting habits of opponents, what works, what doesn't work, etc. They observe practices and advise the assistant coaches on what they see. They identify the strengths and weaknesses of opposing players and then use all that information to begin to develop game plans. While they do not provide individual coaching to players, they handle a lot of the details which frees up the assistants to focus on their position rooms, starting with a more advanced perspective than they would be if they had to do all the legwork themselves. It also frees up more time for recruiting, which is the lifeblood of a college football program.

Let me just go on record and say how much I appreciate you keeping up with LSU sports and recruiting

You are my one stop shop for LSU news

• 1Like
Reactions: MLU
I didn’t realize Logan retired from the NFL.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom