2020 LSU off-season thread (2 Viewers)

Big loss there but it seems like Orgeron had little choice

Orgeron seems to run a tighter ship than Miles did
Well, it's not like plenty of guys haven't been given chances to get their act together under Orgeron. Players like Arden Key, Divinity, Saddiq Charles, Kelvin Joseph, Dare, Travez Moore, etc have all been suspended and given a path back to the team. There's only so much a coach can do though when a kid just doesn't do his schoolwork.

Well, it's not like plenty of guys haven't been given chances to get their act together under Orgeron. Players like Arden Key, Divinity, Saddiq Charles, Kelvin Joseph, Dare, Travez Moore, etc have all been suspended and given a path back to the team. There's only so much a coach can do though when a kid just doesn't do his schoolwork.

right but there are consequences and a chance to earn your way back...I support that 100%

under Miles, there was often just no consequences

right but there are consequences and a chance to earn your way back...I support that 100%

under Miles, there was often just no consequences
I'm not sure I agree. Not many coaches are going to kick a Heisman candidate off the team.

Well, this certainly sucks for LSU's WR corps this season.

I'll forever be grateful for what he contributed to the 2019 NC team but not going to be pulling for him in the pros unless he becomes a Saint. This is a disturbing trend of star players sitting out their last year to "Prepare for the draft."

That’s a major blow, and this close to the season after the team gave him the #7.

Don’t like it.

If he wanted to go straight to the NFL, why not after last season when his draft stock was through the roof?

That’s a major blow, and this close to the season after the team gave him the #7.

Don’t like it.

If he wanted to go straight to the NFL, why not after last season when his draft stock was through the roof?
He was only a sophomore last year. Gotta be 3 years removed high school to be draft eligible.

Don't have much faith in Miles Brennan and this team. Seems like this QB has held the clipboard forever.

He was only a sophomore last year. Gotta be 3 years removed high school to be draft eligible.

Don't have much faith in Miles Brennan and this team. Seems like this QB has held the clipboard forever.

Ah I was reading the redshirt sophomore part wrong.

also the first thing that popped in my head, is “he must not have faith in Brennan.”

Ah I was reading the redshirt sophomore part wrong.

also the first thing that popped in my head, is “he must not have faith in Brennan.”
Maybe it could be the QB situation but at the same time the year Burrow & the offense had was unfathomable. There is just no way this offense will match that. Hell Myles could throw for 2500 yards 20 TD/5 int with a 9-1 regular season & many LSU fans will be disappointed. We won't see offensive numbers like last season for a long time if ever. Chase's numbers this season will look pedestrian to last season no matter what.

This is what happens when you don't pay people whose work is worth Millions. He's simply choosing not to work for free in a high risk business at this point. Smart move by Chase, particularly this season.

This is what happens when you don't pay people whose work is worth Millions. He's simply choosing not to work for free in a high risk business at this point. Smart move by Chase, particularly this season.

Got no problem with a player sitting out especially this year.
I do have a problem with a player doing it this close to the year after committing and accepting a leadership role and taking a position that could have gone to a more deserving kid who actually wanted it
Nobody forced him to opt him to opt in this season. Nobody forced him to make a commitment to his teammates

Hell since colleges are just using these kids, then they don't need to accept scholarships or volunteer. They can train at home, learn the skills on their own, and declare themselves eligible for the draft or just pay for an education like every other American

There’s a flip side of that coin, though. Players like Burrow and Chase made themselves millions by playing at LSU.

There’s a flip side of that coin, though. Players like Burrow and Chase made themselves millions by playing at LSU.
There's a flip side of that coin though, they didn't have a choice to get paid. Something that is unique to college sports.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom