2020 LSU Recruiting Thread (1 Viewer)

LSU already has a couple good OTs in this class. The best OG/C in the country is in NOLA right now. Things look good on that side. I'll feel better about defense when Guillory commits and Roy is back in the fold.

LSU already has a couple good OTs in this class. The best OG/C in the country is in NOLA right now. Things look good on that side. I'll feel better about defense when Guillory commits and Roy is back in the fold.
Individual talent is there on the line but it doesnt always equate to a good line.

DT is my biggest concern.

We currently have the top class. 2 -five star guys and they’re not from Louisiana!
Definitely noteworthy is the diverse geography right now. California, wash DC, Baltimore, tx, Georgia.
A guy named ‘demon’

I’m impressed

Last edited:
tenor.gif

Coach O is tearing it up this year and we're still in the running for a lot of big time recruits!

and a 5-star ILB...

A quick scouting report from 247:
"Ideal inside linebacker frame with length," Dohn said. "Physical and sure tackler in the box. Quick to diagnose plays and move downhill. Comfortable in traffic. Disengages and locates ball carrier well. Possesses closing speed. Strong in lower body. Can push ballcarrier back. Effective interior blitzer. Must become more flexible in lower body. Has to improve lateral movement. Needs to prove he can chase play to edge. Consistency with drop depth is an issue. Multi-year starter at top program. Mid-round NFL draft pick."

Saban's got to be puckered about this. Good.

Orgeron adds to the O-Line with the commitment of OT/OG Marlon Martinez from Fort Lauderdale. He chose LSU over Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Florida State, Ohio State, Penn State and Vandy. He is currently LSU's lowest ranked recruit.

Notably, he is the teammate of LSU (and everyone else) target 5-star OT Marcus Dumervil who is currently an OU lean.

Last edited:
Martinez chose LSU over Auburn and Penn St. That was the top 3, also I saw where OU's 247 guy put in a crystal ball to LSU for Dumervil. I want to see what happens w/ LSU and Brady Ward. Oklahoma is showing serious interest in him, and LSU will not offer till he camps, and the guy is a LSU legacy. Could be another Cody Ford situation.

I am VERY skeptical about Paris Johnson committing to LSU, but supposedly he is telling the staff what they want to hear. He still has his official visit to tOSU in a couple weeks. I really do not expect hims to commit to LSU, but man if he and Dumervil committed then that really goes a looooong way to getting LSU back in the same atmosphere as Alabama for the O-Line.

FYI... Paris attends the same HS that sent Spencer Ware to BR.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom