2020 LSU Recruiting Thread (1 Viewer)

2020 isn't a top class in Louisiana, but it's a deep class in terms of quality. Four kids have given verbals as of the start of this thread. Outside of that, I haven't kept up with it much. I'll try and dig up the expected position breakdown of this class when I can.

LSU Commits | Louisiana State Rankings

Current Commits
  1. Elias Ricks, CB (Memphis, TN)
  2. Rakim Jarrett, WR (Washington, DC)
  3. Jermaine Burton, WR (Calabasas, CA)
  4. Jaquelin Roy, DT (Baton Rouge, LA)
  5. Kayshon Boutte, WR (New Iberia, LA)
  6. Antoine Sampah, ILB (Woodbridge, VA)
  7. Jordan Toles, S (Baltimore, MD)
  8. Major Burns, CB (Baton Rouge, LA)
  9. Demon Clowney, DE (Baltimore, MD)
  10. Josh White, ILB (Houston, TX)
  11. Max Johnson, QB (Watkinsville, GA)
  12. Lorando Johnson, CB (Lancaster, TX)
  13. Alec Bryant, DE (Pearland, TX)
  14. Eric Taylor, DT (Trussville, AL)
  15. Patrick Jenkins, DT (Marrero, LA)
  16. Jalen Lee, DT (Watson, LA)
  17. TJ Finley, QB (Ponchatoula, LA)
  18. Kole Taylor, TE (Grand Junction, CO)
  19. CamRon Johnson, DT (Haynesville, LA)
  20. Jordan Berry, DT (Harbor City, CA)
  21. Marlon Martinez, OG (Fort Lauderdale, FL)
  22. Ali Gaye, DE (Edmonds, WA)

The list has been updated. i wouldn't be surprised to see some of these kids decommit. LSU is still going after several highly rated players and they are the kinds of players you find room for them.

Looks like offensive tackle is a "need" position (still). If Charles has a breakout year and turns pro early, the Tigers could be in a pickle for 2020.

Great strides on the defensive line. Some of these cats are STUDS.

Looks like offensive tackle is a "need" position (still). If Charles has a breakout year and turns pro early, the Tigers could be in a pickle for 2020.

Great strides on the defensive line. Some of these cats are STUDS.
This seems to be a popular opinion among Tiger fans. Both Dare Rosenthal and Cameron Wire are on the roster still and have excellent measurable. CamRon Johnson is also expected to move to OT. That being said, I understand the staff is hot on the tail of Marlon Martinez's teammate, Marcus Dumervil who is highly rated.

WR, Koy Moore from Tunnel just committed to LSU tonight. Thats the #3, #6, #7 and #45 receivers of 2020 before the final rankings are adjusted. The 2020 WR class at LSU is the equivalent of the 2019 RB class at LSU. That also brings LSU's 2020 class total to 23 (and #3 in the country).

Just two more spots left...

Really hoping for Dumervill and Evans, but I am sure we will see some decommitments somewhere with so many big fish still on the hook and so few spots left. Dumervill, Evans, Guillory, Ashaad Johnson Donell Harris and Phillip Webb are all kids you take of they want in. I don't see Evans and Johnson both wanting in if the other has committed. If Dumervill doesn't commit, then CamRon Jackson almost certainly moves to OT. If Guillory commits, then I'm sure at least one DT prospect drops off or is "processed". Harris would be the 3rd guy in this class at WDE, but you can never have enough pass rushers. Having a guy like Phillip Webb still interested in LSU this late in the game shows how far LSU has come in a few years under Aranda with LBers.

Last edited:
A little recruiting news... LSU has lost two DTs, Patrick Jenkins and Jordan Berry. They are still pretty stocked with DTs and it is beloved that LSU leads for Guillory still, so no need to panic. Jenkins commits to TCU I think. Nothing on Berry at this moment.

There will be some big names in town this weekend. I'm not certain if we will hear of any commitments, but plenty of eyes will be watching. Four spots open now if no one else drops.
  1. DT, Jacobian Guillory
  2. OT, Marcus Dumvervil
  3. RB, Zach Evans
  4. DE, Donell Harris
That is how I hope it works out...

Last edited:
HUGE commitment today from 5-star TE Arik Gilbert. He visited for the UF game and most felt he was a big lean to Bama. Sounds like LSU made quite the impact. I read that he is classified as a TE, but LSU told him they were going to put use as a receiver. The family was impressed with how they have used Sullivan and Moss this year.

Last edited:
I bet that chaps Saban's arse a bit. :)

CEO proving the doubters wrong.

I don't think he is a football genius but his previous experience humbled him enough to know that he needs to be the type of leader that surrounds himself with the right people. Additionally, with this being his dream job, he has an unmatched passion for what he is doing that is infectious to his staff and to recruits.

CEO proving the doubters wrong.

I don't think he is a football genius but his previous experience humbled him enough to know that he needs to be the type of leader that surrounds himself with the right people. Additionally, with this being his dream job, he has an unmatched passion for what he is doing that is infectious to his staff and to recruits.

Humbled and educated him. His stint at Ole Miss really sticks with him. Also REALLY thought the USC job was his after going 6-2 as interim HC. ( Per Detillier )

listening to Mike Detillier this am. Was asked about CEO being the #9th highest paid coach in SEC.

Detillier laughed and told a story - Said he was doing an article for Slidell Magazine on CEO. During the interview , Detillier was going into pay.

Detillier said CEO told him "we will get to that at the end". So the end comes, and CEO tells Detillier " about my pay- Mike, im just glad i make more than you and Bobby. And you can print that. "

Because, to Mike D., its absolutely true. He said for O, its more about pride. He is doing the job he loves. ( coaching) for a school he ADORES. Said as kids, this is all they ever dreamed of. Said for O, this is a dream. Money doesnt matter to him. Said O told him, "we win, and all that other stuff takes care of itself".

i totally buy it.

edit: did you hear same interview w/ Mike D this am? ? lol you touched on most of what he said lol

Humbled and educated him. His stint at Ole Miss really sticks with him. Also REALLY thought the USC job was his after going 6-2 as interim HC. ( Per Detillier )

listening to Mike Detillier this am. Was asked about CEO being the #9th highest paid coach in SEC.

Detillier laughed and told a story - Said he was doing an article for Slidell Magazine on CEO. During the interview , Detillier was going into pay.

Detillier said CEO told him "we will get to that at the end". So the end comes, and CEO tells Detillier " about my pay- Mike, im just glad i make more than you and Bobby. And you can print that. "

Because, to Mike D., its absolutely true. He said for O, its more about pride. He is doing the job he loves. ( coaching) for a school he ADORES. Said as kids, this is all they ever dreamed of. Said for O, this is a dream. Money doesnt matter to him. Said O told him, "we win, and all that other stuff takes care of itself".

i totally buy it.

edit: did you hear same interview w/ Mike D this am? ? lol you touched on most of what he said lol

no I didn't, but it is one of those things where actions speak louder than words. His pay is low (relatively)
while he makes sure his coordinators are some of the highest paid in the nation. Every time he speaks, his passion and enthusiasm for LSU and what he is doing is palpable...its like a glow around him.

Will it stay like that? Only time will tell because it is pretty common for success to change people but I am willing to bet that CEO is smart enough to keep with what is working. We got lucky in the fact that we have a coach who is a true believer and not a hired gun

IF.....a big IF, LSU can beat Bama and make it to the playoffs, I think that could change the landscape of the SEC West and LSU. They are riding a serious wave right now and continued success will just boost the high. God forbid they steal a title.....

Orgeron had a plan and stuck to it. Our trenches are better and continually getting better. It's just taken some time. He's made critical changes that has helped the program ascend. I truly think he knows the pay day will come if there is success on the field. LSU is red hot right now. Lots of buzz. Gotta block out the noise and take care of Auburn at home this weekend. That will set the stage for an epic battle with the Crimson tide.

Just find a way to keep Joe Brady. He has been as important as Joe Burrow.

Just find a way to keep Joe Brady. He has been as important as Joe Burrow.
TAMU and their bottomless vault of cash came after Aranda hard. LSU stepped up and made sure Dave knew how important he was in a language that speaks to everyone in sports: money. Aranda was given a voice in personnel and has near autonomy in his job. His family enjoys the region. He is gauranteed a national stage several times a year, access to a pipeline of NFL talent and a boss who appreciates his staff and keeps his domain stocked with talent on the field and off the field.

I have zero doubts that Joe Brady is going anywhere, any time soon.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom