2020 LSU Recruiting Thread (1 Viewer)

Weeelll... I think Burrow did throw up some jump balls, but they WRs dropped too many. As long as he is throwing them where the defender can't get them, I'm good. Unless your Brees, Brady or Rogers, you should NOT be throwing the ball up for grabs. Turnovers matter, especially for an offense that has difficulty scoring. I do think we saw a different offense when Brennan was healthy vs when Brennan was hurt. This led to the more conservative play calls and less Burrow running because you don't want to see Andre Sale taking snaps. If the danger to run is there, this is a different offense.

Under Miles, what I think fans failed to acknowledge was the personnel. What we want is production, but if the personnel isn't capable then you're going to have to be more conservative and play to your strengths. Just taking shots and playing outside what your personnel can handle is going to amount to a lot of losses for LSU and not close ones. If your QB doesn't possess inhuman accuracy, you're not going to win a lot of games by taking chances.

Weeelll... I think Burrow did throw up some jump balls, but they WRs dropped too many. As long as he is throwing them where the defender can't get them, I'm good. Unless your Brees, Brady or Rogers, you should NOT be throwing the ball up for grabs. Turnovers matter, especially for an offense that has difficulty scoring. I do think we saw a different offense when Brennan was healthy vs when Brennan was hurt. This led to the more conservative play calls and less Burrow running because you don't want to see Andre Sale taking snaps. If the danger to run is there, this is a different offense.

Under Miles, what I think fans failed to acknowledge was the personnel. What we want is production, but if the personnel isn't capable then you're going to have to be more conservative and play to your strengths. Just taking shots and playing outside what your personnel can handle is going to amount to a lot of losses for LSU and not close ones. If your QB doesn't possess inhuman accuracy, you're not going to win a lot of games by taking chances.

I don't disagree with what you said. Limiting turnovers will definitely help you win 8-9 games a year....BUT, you will never beat Bama playing straight up, conservative football. It's been proven for what 7 or 8 years? When I say take chances, I do not mean throwing into double and triple coverage. By chances, I mean if my WR is one on one with a corner, you have to pull the trigger and throw it to a spot where the WR can make a play. It seems LSU is scared or reluctant to pass the football. Some of that may be due to the line....ok, I get that. But to win the big games, you will have to be able to throw the football. Let the talent at WR help you.

Give me the offense Ensminger called in the overtime period all game. That, with a stud RB, will win you a lot of ball games and could possibly get you on the same field as Alabama.

I think if we ever get an O-Line that can hold a block for 3 seconds, we will see those passes...

I think if we ever get an O-Line that can hold a block for 3 seconds, we will see those passes...
I have read in two places that LSU is expected to make a push for OT Jake Wray who is currently committed to tOSU. He would be the best OT LSU signed since La'el Collins. tOSU is loaded with OTs anyway. He currenly attends IMG, so hopefully Charles Turner is working him.

On Wednesday night, head coach Ed Orgeron landed a commitment from 2020 four-star Louisiana defensive tackle CamRon Jackson.
Jackson is a 6-foot-5.5, 271-pounder is ranked by 247Sports as the No. 19 defensive tackle in the country for the 2020 class, and he checks in as a Top 250 prospect nationally and a Top 10 prospect in Louisiana.

Love what I'm seeing from Max Johnson. You can tell he spends endless amounts of time working on reading defenses, knowing where each WR will be on every play and you can see the knack of feeling pressure. He is accurate, anticipates very well, sees the whole field and has a quick release. His arm talent doesn't appear to be elite but arm talent is overrated. Couldn't care less how athletic he is, I don't like seeing QB's running.

On Wednesday night, head coach Ed Orgeron landed a commitment from 2020 four-star Louisiana defensive tackle CamRon Jackson.
Jackson is a 6-foot-5.5, 271-pounder is ranked by 247Sports as the No. 19 defensive tackle in the country for the 2020 class, and he checks in as a Top 250 prospect nationally and a Top 10 prospect in Louisiana.
Now O needs to lock up McKinnley Jackson and Jacobian Guillory for the best DT class in the country. Jackson will be a tougher get, but neither are outside of LSU's reach. 2020 will be the year of the big boys.

LSU gets a nice Christmas present with the verbal commitment of the #1 CB in the 2020 class, Elias Rick's.

HUGE.

WOW!
“Trust me, I won’t be coming alone,” Ricks said. “I’m not going to name names, but I won’t be coming alone, I have some guys that will be coming with me. This ’20 class is going to be special, I guarantee it.

WOW!
“Trust me, I won’t be coming alone,” Ricks said. “I’m not going to name names, but I won’t be coming alone, I have some guys that will be coming with me. This ’20 class is going to be special, I guarantee it.

it moved

WOW!
Right after he committed he tweeted this...

Milton is one of the top RBs in the country for 2020. His highlight video is very Fournette-esque.

His Twitter feed and profile is all LSU. There is still a long road to signing day, but he looks to be all in right now. H s tweeting that he plans to earn the #7, tweeting at other kids to join him, etc. It's all very positive.

#9 WDE in the country and a lean to OU commits to LSU.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom